Your Book Activity ~ June 2012

Kylie

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Nemesis by Jo Nesbo this evening/ early morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it although the ending could have been a little better, proper review to come once I've had some sleep.

Nearly finished Fatherland by Robert Harris which I'm really enjoying.

I really enjoyed Fatherland when I read it, the mix of fiction and history had Hitler won the war was great. It lead me to go on and read other Harris books which I found equally enjoyable. I just wish he would hurry up and finish the 3rd Cicero book.

Glad you liked this Kidsmum, I thought it was a really good book with some wonderful characters, your sister's in for a treat. :smile:

I loved it & it's one I wouldn't have picked up if I hadn't read about it on here so thanks to everyone who recommended it :smile:

I finished God's Own Country by Ross Raisin yesterday, it was good but strange, lots of Yorkshire dialect words that I'd never heard before. I'm going for a quick read next just to finish off the month One, Two Buckle my Shoe by Agatha Christie

I just wish he would hurry up and finish the 3rd Cicero book.

DITTO!! Cicero is a special favorite of mine, and the first two were pretty good.

Three quarters way through Never Look Back and really enjoying it, hoping to have it finished tonight :)

Is that the Harlan Coben?

DITTO!! Cicero is a special favorite of mine, and the first two were pretty good.

The release I penned in for some point this year. I know when The Fear Index was published he said that he was most of the done with the 3rd Cicero book but I haven't heard much since then.

I've bought another five books to add to my pile, and shock horror.... they were all fiction!

Completed Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH.

A wonderful read!

Have now picked up Tim Winton's Cloudstreet

Edited by bree

I finished Moab is my Washpot (at last, work is much more demanding these days!) Really enjoyed this - love Fry's style, and although he can labour some points he has had a fascinating life!

I am now starting Cloudstreet by Tim Winton, in anticipation of everything taking me bloody ages to read these days.

Pipread, I'm glad you enjoyed The Art Of Racing In The Rain, it's a great little book.

It definately is a great book :smile:

Yay, I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :smile2: Did you need tissues? :blush:

Finally, time for Dexter :D I can't wait to hear what you thought about the book.

Frankie I was sitting in the doctors waiting room, tears streaming down my face when I read the last few pages and I was still tearful when the Dr called me in! :blush2: He must have wondered what he was in for!!

It's got some classic Dexter phrases in places, it's going well :readingtwo:

Edited by pipread

Frankie I was sitting in the doctors waiting room, tears streaming down my face when I read the last few pages and I was still tearful when the Dr called me in! :blush2: He must have wondered what he was in for!!

:D Awww that's so sweet! :empathy: I bet your doctor's expression was pretty priceless :lol:

It's got some classic Dexter phrases in places, it's going well :readingtwo:

I'm happy to hear that!! I wonder if it can be as good as Dexter is Delicious, that's my favorite one in the series...

I think I'm off to bed for the day, me and The Regulators.

Just finished The Hunger Games which I read in a few days and although I enjoyed the story I felt the writing was a bit basic. I plan on reading the rest of the series soon.

Before this I read Owen Jones Chavs which was the first non-fiction book I read for pleasure. I found it inspiring and I highly recommend it as it is easy to read without much knowledge of politics.

Tonight I aim to start Stephen King's Carrie.

... and I also started Ransom Riggs' Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which is great so far.

Jealous!! :smile2:

I couldn't get into The Regulators last night, too much thinking to do.