Your Book Activity ~ June 2012

Kylie

It's a library book ;) I wonder if my library service relax their policy on writing in books if it's the author signature?!

Nah, he was rushing, I was meant to be showing great interest in a promotional video.

Heck with library book! I would of just reported it 'lost' and risk paying ( or replacing) the book :D

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This afternoon, I finished the wonderful book 'We Bought a Zoo' by Benjamin Mee and continuing the animal theme, I am just about to start 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein.

It's a library book ;) I wonder if my library service relax their policy on writing in books if it's the author signature?!

Heck with library book! I would of just reported it 'lost' and risk paying ( or replacing) the book :D

That's what I was going to say, Sofia! :D I'm very envious anyway, Alex - I want to bump into Stephen Fry! And Colin Firth, which has nothing to do with this thread at all. :giggle2:

I've just finished Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne, and have started The Prince of Mist (a young adult book) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, which is for Spain in my World Challenge.

I've completed maverick Maniac Magee - a fantastic read for YA - dealing with racism, prejudice and homelessness.

I quite enjoyed it myself.

Have picked up A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Started Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland, so far I love the whismical and slightly blunt tone of the writing. Also going to start Guards! Guards by Terry Pratchett soon, as I've been convinced by the people in work that I ought to give him another chance and that that's the place to start.

I finally pushed myself a little to finish my current read which was a non fiction autobiography. I wasn't really feeling this one, I think it was a combination of my new medicine (makes me drowsy), and not liking the book so much because the way the author seemed to pump himself up, and make the other people in his squad sound like they did nothing at all.

So the question is....

Do I go sci-fi, fantasy or fiction next???

(I know what Frankie would say :D)

So the question is....

Do I go sci-fi, fantasy or fiction next???

(I know what Frankie would say :D)

Yeah, me too. She'd definitely say science fiction. Do it do it do it! :giggle2:

Yeah, me too. She'd definitely say science fiction. Do it do it do it! :giggle2:

I might wait for my copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep to arrive in the mail then! :D

I might wait for my copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep to arrive in the mail then! :D

Wait? Nooo, you can't wait. I'm sure Frankie would tell you to read a fantasy book in the meantime :giggle2:

Wait? Nooo, you can't wait. I'm sure Frankie would tell you to read a fantasy book in the meantime :giggle2:

Hmm, ok, I will see if I can find a short single novel... *looks at bookshelf*

A few days ago I started 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein, but this morning my friend lent me a copy of 'The Dandelion Clock' by Guy Burt, so I have decided to put 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' on hold for for now.

Guy Burt isn't really a mainstream writer (as far as I know), but I loved his books 'After the Hole' and 'Sophie', so I'm looking forward to reading 'The Dandelion Clock'.

I have FINALLY finished The Six Wives of Henry VIII. An amazingly good book, but I can't remember the last time it took me so long to read a book.

I'm going for a comp,ete change now, so will be starting The Gunslinger by Stephen King tonight :)

I've started The Green Mile by Stephen King, really enjoying it so far.

That's one of my favourite reads. Glad you're enjoying it.