Summer Olympics

Katrina1968

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching the Nigerian chap in the rowing, finishing a (very) distant third, out of three. Bless him! :lol:

I love all that .. like the swimmer from some far flung country who trails in half an hour after everybody else to great cheers .. it never fails to make you go all goose pimply.

Yay!! Go Jess!! :boogie::yahoo::boogie:.. take 'em down (the competition I mean :giggle:)

Didn't make it back from the shops in time to see Jess run, but looking at the time, she must have flown down that track! Can't decide what to watch now, so have athletics on the television, plus swimming heats and weightlifting on other devices :)

Men's 1500m in the pool, Daniel Fogg of GB has just finished his heat in second place, so hoping to make the next round. Makes me laugh - their times are around 14-15 mins, last time I swam 1500m, it took me an hour! :lol:

Edited by chesilbeach

I've got to say I'm really impressed with the extra coverage the BBC are giving us via the red button. Been getting into the Hockey and Handball (that's a new sport for me), but basically trying to watch anything with GB in it!

The only thing I find disappointing about the coverage is that they don't show highlights/repeats of the events once they've finished. If you've got all these extra channels and the red button, why not replay the events for people who couldn't watch them live?

Gabby - the Flying Squirrel captures the gold for all-round best in the gymnastics. This is supposedly the most prestigious medal in the Olympics.

Is it? .. I always thought that was the 100m sprint (men's) .. that's the hot ticket anyway. I suppose it's because of the difficulty of all the individual elements ... you really have to earn it. But then surely you do in the heptathlon too etc?

It's another great day for team GB :) Must agree the coverage is excellent, I was reading that the coverage in Australia is shocking in as much as they only show the Australian athlete's and even then don't stick with an event if something else more exciting is happening elsewhere (it may depend on what channels you have though .. Kylie? have you been able to see a good mix of things? .. hope so.) I watched the badminton mixed pairs final earlier between two Chinese pairs .. it's probably the only time I ever watch badminton. They are absolute machines .. they don't even look that tired afterwards. The Chinese and USA teams are so far ahead that I don't worry about them winning. When France or Germany get medals though I go all twitchy .. France have already won as many Gold's as they did in Beijing so they're having a phenomenal games. Our medal target is 48 apparently .. and we have 19 so far ... so long way to go but plenty of opportunities hopefully.

Not enough superlatives to explain how chuffed I am for the British athletes.

I know! For a country our size to be doing so well is pretty amazing!

I bet that American coach who complained about the 16 year old Chinese swimmer has just gone very quiet :rolleyes::lol:

I know! For a country our size to be doing so well is pretty amazing!

I bet that American coach who complained about the 16 year old Chinese swimmer has just gone very quiet :rolleyes::lol:

That's exactly what they just said on Radio 5 Live! :D

I am loving it all which is why I am not on here much to busy flicking through the channels to watch the massive variety of sports on offer. Not sure work is enjoying my late nights and tired face in the morning when I feel the need to watch the beach volleyball at about midnight. I love the atmosphere in the velodrome...go Team GB cyclists!!!

If I could've chosen tickets to any of the events it would've been the cycling - it's so exciting! :D

Yeah me too. I have become a massive cycling fan in the last few years both the road and the velodrome, but the atmosphere looks fantastic.

This is one of my favourite non-Team GB stories of the Olympics so far ...

Fencing gold medal winner Limardo takes public transport http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19109909

I love that :D .. he let people touch it apparently. Bet someone swapped it for a chocolate one :) He'll never know until he gets home and leaves it in the Venezuelan sunshine.