If you haven't seen this, you really, really should

Coffin Nail

Amazing!
If you like the work of Royale Deluxe check out The Machine also wandering the streets of Liverpool a few years ago.

These giant marionettes are walking through the streets of Liverpool this weekend. Check it out on youtube. Her Uncle and the dog are a delight!!!

I have been watching this in the news and I think it is amazing. I used to live in Liverpool and I'm really gutted I am not there to see this. I am trying to convince my husband to have a trip up there this weekend to see it.

I believe it cost over a million to create and organise, I suppose you could question whether with Council cuts this is really helping the City! Anyway, who cares it's brilliant!

Andie x

According to a woman on the council it was private business that paid the lion's share, and although it did cost a million in council tax revenue for every single tourist they get in to watch the event this weekend, they get £12 back. Got to be worth it.

I heard about it on NPR and found it fascinating. They said it takes 30 people to maneuver the girl puppet and her uncle, 32. They said that no one is allowed to see the puppets when they are not animated, all part of the mystic! I'd love to take my grands to see something like this but knowing them, they'd be scared out of their pull-ups and trainers!! LOL!

You mean these big things really are going to walk around the streets? with people inside? Wow....

That's right Vf. The puppeteers work outside and inside these 30ft marrionettes.

The story is based on a true event. The girl's father worked on board the Titanic and she sent him a letter which, of course he never received. Her uncle, the deep see diver, finds the letter and gives it back to her.

The puppets even sleep complete with snoring, and the dog actually cocks it leg up.

They've cornered the market in stret theatre WOW!

Have a look on youtube, you'll get a much better perspective on what they've been doing.

Ok, so I convinced my husband to go to Liverpool and see them. It was just what I was expecting, it was amazing. Well done to the street puppeteer's they worked bloody hard.

There is a programme on Wednesday at 7.30pm on BBC1...I will be definitely be recording and watching it.

Andie x

Ok, so I convinced my husband to go to Liverpool and see them. It was just what I was expecting, it was amazing. Well done to the street puppeteer's they worked bloody hard.

There is a programme on Wednesday at 7.30pm on BBC1...I will be definitely be recording and watching it.

Andie x

If you hadn't heard Andie they've changed the day of the programme. It's now on next Monday at 7.30pm.