Favorite Actor or Actress

kikee

Just wondering who is your all time favorite Actor or Actress and what you think thier best movie/show is.

Mine is Hugh Jackman. There is just something about him (apart from his good looks :D). I got to see him live when he proformed the Boy from Oz here in Melbourne a few years ago. It was unbelieveable. His on stage and screen presence is amazing.

His best move for me would have to be Van Helsing, he played the part so well. A very close second would be X-Men.

I like a lot of old movies, so I love Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Orson Welles, Marlon Brando, Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Judy Garland etc. (I'm sure I've missed some.)

From more recent times, I'm a fan of Gene Wilder and Morgan Freeman, and Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (from Gilmore Girls).

One of my all time favourites is Emma Thompson.

There is a scene in the film 'Love Actually', where she is in the bedroom listening to Joni Mitchell. Nothing is said, but my goodness she conveys a wealth of emotion.

Johnny Depp, for the depth and nuance he brings to his roles. Richard Burton had a charisma that came straight through the camera and that voice?

Gary Oldman brings a quality to his roles that you can almost touch, and I will always have a soft spot for Jean Reno.

There are so many from which to choose ~ I may edit later!

There are so many! So I'm going to narrow it down to which actors' movies I'd go see in the cinema just because of the actor (and in some cases I would also need to think about what kind of movie it is as well).

Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks, David Morse, Alan Rickman, Sarah Polley, Reese Witherspoon, Patrick Fugit, Zooey Deschanel, Jim Carrey (I cannot believe I'm saying this...).

From TV:

Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Hermione Norris (I loved her especially in Kingdom!), Sarah Jessica Parker, Heather Matarazzo (the series Now and Again and the movie Welcome to the Dollhouse), Margaret Colin (the series Now and Again, Peta Wilson (La Femme Nikita), Kelly Bishop (the Gilmore Girls series), ...

the list would go on and on.

My favourite actor is Johnny Depp. I have seen a few films which shouldn't have worked but he was so fantastic in them that they did (such as Nick of Time). I own the majority of his movies (with my favourites including Sweeney Todd, Pirates of the Caribbean and Finding Neverland). I love how every role is so different to the last: Captain Jack is so different to Edward Scissorhands, who's different to Raoul Duke, who's different to Willy Wonka. The man can do no wrong in my eyes and I cannot wait for Alice in Wonderland.

Favourite actress would have to be Meryl Streep. The woman is fantastic. She stars in so many of my favourite movies especially One True Thing, Death Becomes Her, Kramer vs Kramer, Devil Wears Prada.

Others include: Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet, Tom Hanks, Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter, Heath Ledger, Angelina Jolie, Julie Walters to name a few :D.

Johnny Depp, Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, Cary Elwes, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter and Zooey Deschanel are the actors that pretty much guarantee I'll watch something - except for Mr Elwes when he does something silly like star with Tom Cruise :D

Colin Firth, for all the perfect, yet awkward, English gentlemen characters he's portrayed.

Hugh Grant, because of his dry wit and don't we all just love seeing him play the naughty boy?

And, Johnny Depp... because he's Johnny... :)

I don't think I've ever had a favourite actress, although I've enjoyed Julienne (sp?) Moore in quite a few films. :D

My favourite actor is Gael Garcia Bernal. He's a Mexican actor who does mostly South American or Spanish films, although I think he's done a few English films as well. He is an amazing actor, and it doesn't hurt that he is absolutely gorgeous! :)

I also love Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman.

I'm not sure about my favourite actress. I would probably have to say Thora Birch (I nearly write Thora Hird then! :D). She does really interesting films.

Some really good choices from most people!:)

Actors:Marlon Brando, Sean Penn, James McAvoy, Christian Bale, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Edward Norton, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro (though these two haven't been in a truly good movie for a long time) and Dustin Hoffman.

Actresses:Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Meryl Streep, Marion Cotilliard and Keira Knightley

Well, I like quite many actors, these are just some.:D

Ooh I like Gael Garcia Bernal too, particularly in The Science of Sleep and Amores Perros :D

I haven't seen The Science of Sleep - is that an English film? I have only watched his Spanish language films. I'm learning Spanish so it's the perfect excuse! I will have to get hold of some of his English films.

I love Amores Perros, such a good film (although slightly disturbing). The last film I watched with him in was Bad Education (La mala educaci

I haven't seen The Science of Sleep - is that an English film? I have only watched his Spanish language films. I'm learning Spanish so it's the perfect excuse! I will have to get hold of some of his English films.

I love Amores Perros, such a good film (although slightly disturbing). The last film I watched with him in was Bad Education (La mala educaci

I've not actually seen Bad Education, I really like Pedro Almodovar's films though so must get round to watching it!

The Science of Sleep is a French/English one directed by Michel Gondry, is definitely worth a watch, I think. Gael is so sweet in it!

I love that watching those films helps you learn :)

I've just watched a trailer for The Science of Sleep on Youtube and I will definately be getting it. I really love quirky films!

It's brilliant to be able to watch a film and feel good because it's educational! I'm so bad though, my Spanish film collection consists almost entirely of films with Gael Garcia Bernal in them!

Of course you would like Welcome to the Dollhouse, Frankie! I love that movie :).

There are many faves for me, although I do tend to have more fave directors and films rather than specific people. Here are a few though-

Benicio Del Toro, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Sharlto Copley (I think his only film is District 9 but I loved him in it!), Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, Mark Ruffalo, Forrest Whitaker, Scarlett Johannson, Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges, Russell Crowe.