Marie H

Marie H's Book Log - ongoing

On 09/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Marie H said:

*sigh* My reading mojo is on go slow at the mo. Thankfully, I’m enjoying audiobooks (definitely an escapism from the real world) :hide:

Eoin Colfer - Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony #5 is going really well. I found that the last 2 of the series weren’t as good (The Eternity Code and The Opal Deception). The plots didn’t grab my attention, and the narration by Nathaniel Parker was irritating, and over exaggerated the voices of some of the characters. But this 5th of the series is much better, both plot and narration.

Jodi Taylor - The Nothing Girl (Frogmorton Farm #1) is very quirky, but I’m enjoying it..

I hope your reading mojo gets better soon :hug:!

Yay for an Artemis Fowl book going well :). I've read the first 6 now, book 6 is my favourite, so far. I'm going to read book 7 later this month (and then hopefully book 8 in either November or December). I hope you enjoy(ed) all of book 5 :).

Thankfully my reading mojo has improved, so now I'm enjoying Ngaio Marsh's A Man Lay Dead.

Unfortunately I'm not enjoying the Audible of Jodi Taylor's The Nothing Girl (Frogmorton Farm #1). Finding most of the characters are grating, and the plot in the same irritation :(. 56% listened, but I'm getting to the stage where I'm giving this book a rest, and start something new. Probably the next of the Rivers of London series.

20% listened to Whispers Underground (Rivers of London #3). Another great story and prefect narration by Kobna Holdbrook-Smith.

Also reading The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman, and this one is really good too.