aromaannie

How many books have you read this year?

Just finished #14. I read 70 books last year, but regard the number of books read as a target to be fairly meaningless: how can one compare a slimline 150-page Simenon with a 1000+ page Seth? Or an easy 500-page thriller read with an academic 500-page biography? . If anything, I'm aiming for fewer this year, but more big ones.

I finished #20 last night. I'm 2 books ahead of schedule. Just keeping my head above water at the moment. :)

Wow you people have high numbers! When do you have time to read all those books? I stopped caring about the number of books I read when I realized my TBR list is out of control so I just try to focus on a certain author or genre at a time. That being said, I think I read around 10 books this year. 

I think I'm at 51, not counting manga. I read every day while commuting, so that's a lot of book time.

Yeah it's amazing how much you can read when you're stuck on a train that isn't moving! ;)  :banghead:

I'm up to 70 but am having a very slow reading month this month, I need to get back on track.

I have read a lot this year don't know the full total as I have been reading books on my phone as well.  The books that I don't know if I am keeping yet are in a crate in the garage and I was amazed how full it was, that is without the ones I have put back on the shelf.

One of these days I will try to work out how many.

I finished my 45th book of the year yesterday. I hope to complete somewhere between 80 and 90 this year and so am well on target to achieve this.    

I have read 76 but have put aside approximately 5 that I hope to pick up eventually. My goal is to get to 100 books by the end of the year.

I'm up to 81, hopefully 82 by the end of the evening. Goodreads tells me I'm seven books ahead of schedule - thanks Sarah's Scribbles and Calvin and Hobbes! :giggle:

I finished book 57 last night. Aiming to read somewhere between 80 and 90 this year, which shouldn't be too difficult.  

I see you are reading "the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime"

How is it? Is there many references to Sherlock?

I am succeeded my goal of 50 so I think I'll aim for 70. Shall see how it goes.

May have to add a few more short stories