Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Death that hit me hardest was

Snape's. I mean, he was in love with Lily! And the way he died.. "Look..at... me.." *cries*

^I did to, TwistedVamp. I did too ;)

Snapes chapter is my favourite part of all the books. It just soooooooooo sad! But everything comes together and you think "ahhhhhhh....that's why he did this that and the other" Really good! But yeah I cried like a baby for about an hour......then moved on! :)

Everyone will hate me for this but

I'm not really a Dobby fan, I was more sad for Harry when Dobby died than sad that he had died. Lupin was the worst one for me, although he wasn't so great in Deathly Hallows so it made it less sad than if he had died before then, and poor Teddy :lol:. I kinda expected Hagrid to die but am glad he didn't. I only actually cried though when Harry was going to die

Snapes chapter is my favourite part of all the books. It just soooooooooo sad! But everything comes together and you think "ahhhhhhh....that's why he did this that and the other" Really good! But yeah I cried like a baby for about an hour......then moved on! :roll:

Yeah, Snape was definitely a good character, and you're right everything DOES come together. Like, why he saved Harry in the third book, and stuff like that. OH, and in the first one, when Snape kept on staring at Harry's eyes. :lol:

Jeez, Roxi, you have a habit of looking at spoilers.. Inkdeath, now THIS!

Lucybird, how come you're not a Dobby fan? I'm intruiged..

He was devoted, and his depiction in the last book really peels away the irritating aspects of him.

His devotion to Harry forces him to return to Malfoy Manor - JKR made sure we could almost taste his fear. The scenes at the manor are really well written; taut and lean, edgy and intense. One of the trio is being tortured, Pettigrew's hand, wands, Fenrir..... OMG it's too much!

Phew :lol:

Hmm..I think in the seventh book, she

put in too much action in it. I mean, the way she writes the action and the drama and stuff is good, but it's just too much. What with going to the Ministry, them living in a tent, Ron walking out on them, and all the other stuff made it so packed. That's about the only thing I don't like about the book though.

I just remembered another funny bit from the books. When Phineas Nigellus from the painting is in a blindfold and he's like running around going "Pull this off at ONCE, young lady!". I thought that was a funny bit. :roll::lol:

When Phineas Nigellus from the painting is in a blindfold and he's like running around going "Pull this off at ONCE, young lady!".

:lol: I loved the pomposity of Phineas!

I think that this last one had to be all actiony, there was too much that had to happen,

but I think it was tempered by the at-times drawn out camping bit and the time spent at Shell Cottage. It did seem that they were either planning action or carrying it out,

but I guess that had to be the case.

There were just so many good parts to the last book!

I loved the story of R.A.B and the whole Kreacher element. I also loved the part

where Harry is 'killed' by Voldermort and meets Dumbledore at Kings Cross station

:lol: