Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Howards End(E. M. Forster) and The Sun Also Rises(Ernest Hemingway). Starting Othello and A Moveable Feast (Ernest Hemingway). Next week I will be adding Coming Up for Air (Virginia Woolf)

I also want to continue with The Discovery of Witches this weekend.

Did you enjoy Howards End Katrina? I love his writing, and the film adaptation with Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson and Helena Bonham-Carter is wonderful. And then you get to read some more of The Discover of Witches? You're spoiling yourself at the moment, as far as I can see! :lol:

Still working through The Shadow of the Wind, it's not a book you can rush and I've had little spare time this week sadly, loving Fermin Romero de Torres!!

Definitely one to savour and not rush. Good to hear you're enjoying it Hayley. :smile2:

Me, I couldn't face any more of The Cookbook Collector yesterday, so decided to indulge in the new Ally Carter book, Heist Society, which I had to stop myself reading into the earlier hours, as it was easy to get caught up in it! I love her YA books, such fun.

I'm halfway through Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible. It didn't really hold my attention at first, but I gave it another try and it really is turning into one of the best books I've read in a long while.

Finished Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

So glad I found some one that has read this book, I've got a question... This might be a spoiler for some

At the end do they leave the loop when they go looking for a new one? How comes they wont grow old? I'm a bit confused, I think I should have read the end when I was a bit less tired!

Edited by Chrissy
added spoiler cover

My Reading appears to be like my music listening at the moment it's all over the place I can't seem to settle on one book, so I've got a few on the go;

The American book of the Dead- Henry Baum ( Can't make my mind up here),

Stardust - Neil Gaiman (bedtime reading, as I loved the film and think that American Gods is one of the best reads ever),

My Life - Bill Clinton (a good read by a smug git who thinks the sun shines out of his self)

The Stranglers:Song by Song - Hugh Cornwell ( Excellent so long as you like the stranglers),

How many Friends does one person need? - R.I.M. Dunbar (interesting enough)

Finished And Then There Were None this morning. Felt a bit like reading an Enid Blyton book for grown ups! Read another chapter of The Cookbook Collector but I'm finding all the characters are unsympathetic and not sure I will be able to finish it, if I'm honest.

Have been a bit quiet recently as I wanted to read all of Nalini Singh's Psychangeling series and tonight I accomplished it. I have also read a few other things will update my list at some point. I now have about 145 books on my kindle and I only got it in June. :readingtwo:

Edited by pickle

Sod, I only know one Stranglers song but I love it lots! Golden Brown :D

I finished the 8th Sookie book and have finally decided to tackle the behemoth aka Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I'm looking forward to it!

My mojo's playing hookie at the moment, that sob :irked: I'm soon going to bed and will force AHWoSG on me.

:empathy: Oh I hope it comes back for you soon :friends0:

I've finished Blood Vines by Erica SPindler and have started the first of Patricia Briggs' werewolf books :)

Edited by Charm

:empathy: Oh I hope it comes back for you soon :friends0:

I've finished Blood Vines by Erica SPindler and have started the first of Patricia Briggs' werewolf books :)

Oh good hope you enjoy...what did you think of Blood Vines I thought it was nowhere near as good as some of her others

Oh good hope you enjoy...what did you think of Blood Vines I thought it was nowhere near as good as some of her others

I did enjoy it, although it took me ages to read. It didn't grab me as much as say 'Cause For Alarm' did ;)