• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

April Supporter Giveaway   04/01/2019

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden."   In honour of spring, the April giveaway is a print of this wonderful quote from The Secret Garden (thanks, once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk) along with a Secret Garden tea (Victoria Sponge flavoured!) from the  Literary Tea Company! (You can find them both at their own website theliteraryteacompany.co.uk and at their etsy store www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany ).   As always, patreon supporters will be entered automatically and if you don't support but want to be included in this month's giveaway you can join the patreon here: www.patreon.com/bookclubforum A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month!
Karsa Orlong

Game of Thrones

Welcome to the world of Thrones Virginia!  Up to you if you want to go to the beginning of this thread, but beware spoilers!  Hope you enjoy the rest of it.

On 28.6.2016 at 5:36 PM, Madeleine said:

I'm just wondering what Varys's agenda is - won't say any more for fear of spoilers :o

This was what I was asking myself all the time, too! And I could never figure out Baelish, either. 

I started watching the series in February/March and finished the latest season this month. I loved it!!!! I was surprised how much I did love it :D

I'm just curious, who are your favorites? I was reading this thread and I don't think many of you mentioned your favorites. Or then I was too quick to read more and skipped some stuff!

The only thing I want to say about the whole thing so far is that

Spoiler

the Hound is one of my absolute favorites and when Arya left him to die, I was crushed! But as I didn't see him actually dying, I kept asking my BF (who has watched the show before and who was watching it with me now) when the Hound was going to come back. BF kept saying he was dead!! I insisted that they'd not shown him die or anything and so he wasn't dead. BF told me to quit being silly and accept the fact that he was dead. But I never, ever gave up! I was so psyched when he turned up!!!!! :lol::wub: 

My favorites are, in no particular order (and no matter if they are still alive or dead!): the Hound, Theon, Sam and Ginny, Ser Jorah,  Brienne  (and Jaime and Sansa, but they are not my -top- favorites). 

Glad you've finally caught up Frankie!  My favourites are Jaime, Tyrion, Brienne, Jorah and Bronn (all alpha males!). 

Spoiler

I must admit that I always thought that the Hound wasn't dead (thought that when I read about his "death" in the book as wel) and I was right about Coldhands' identity too

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Glad you've finally caught up Frankie!  My favourites are Jaime, Tyrion, Brienne, Jorah and Bronn (all alpha males!). 

Apart from Brienne, who's an alpha female :lol: She's great! I used to like Bronn, too, but I kind of grew tired of him. :unsure: 

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I must admit that I always thought that the Hound wasn't dead (thought that when I read about his "death" in the book as wel) and I was right about Coldhands' identity too

I did not know about Coldhand! That was too tricky for me :D  

I kind of want to start watching it again, right from the start! :D But I should try and restrain myself... 

I recently watched the 3rd episode of the 1st series, and it was surprising how much of what's to come was hinted at, especially one major plot development which only really started at the end of series 6, but way back then the clues were there..... with the benefit of hindsight I saw it straightaway!

I was also told that a lot of future happening are hinted at in earlier seasons. It was kind of frustrating to hear that when I was watching the show because I kept trying to outsmart the show and of course that didn't happen. I need to just re-watch the whole thing like everyone else :D

Finally, the last season of Game of Thrones starts tonight. Last season the episodes were really great. I can't wait to watch it tonight. As usual we will see some unexpected things happen :)