How many books a week / month / year?

honestfi

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I used to read 1 - 2 books a week, but I found that I was getting a bit hung up on how much I read, and was reading because I felt I had to, rather than because I wanted to. This year I decided to allow myself to relax about it a bit, but I'm still reading one book about every 7 - 10 days. So 3 or 4 books a month, I guess.

I used to read quite slowly getting through maybe 2 or 3 books a month, but like sgambino, since I got my Kindle about 6 months ago, it has been at least twice that - on average I get through about one book every 5 days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been so caught up with my challenge to read everything on my TBR shelf, I've been reading more than ever, and after reading an average of 11 books per month in both Jan and Feb, this month I've already read 16 books, and there's still four days left!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could read that much! When its not busy-season at work and I find books that keep me interested I can do maybe 2 a month or more depending how much time I have. Over the summer when I wasn't working very much I did more like one or more a week. Now that I work full time and everything its way less (ive been reading Under The Dome since, well I don't even remember when I bought it - maybe Jan or Feb.)

When does everyone read? Is there a trick to this?

I've been reading the same book since early March. :thud: However, I have made up for my lack of reading, by buying plenty of Kindle books in that time. :boogie:

ha ha ha ha I know that problem I always seem to think buying more books will get me out of a reading slump, it hasn't worked yet.

If I am reading well I can do a small book in 2/3 days but most books take a week. At the moment they seem to be taking 2 weeks.

I have been stuck on the same book for almost a month now, and it's driving me nuts because I would of read it in about a week. Big fat book, but it's got a big font type. Not the large font type for people who have trouble reading.

I've had a couple of books recently that have taken me much longer to read than I normally would too. I usually find it happens when there are lots of characters, but little dialogue. It also takes me longer than usual on non-fiction, as there are so many facts to absorb, and again no dialogue, which I just find much easier to read.

• 2 months later...

I tend to take a week to read a book, unless I'm really enjoying it. Sometimes I'll read a book over the weekend like M conelly's The drop.

In 2013 I tend to be reading 1.5 to 2 books a week and then there's the readathon to consider as well.

Edited by dex