Your Mode of transport

Amesy

I think you can tell quite a bit about a person by what they use to get around.

So I was just wondering, What do you use to get from A to B. I want details too, like make, model, year, colour, etc.

I drive everywhere in my 3dr, Grey, Ford Focus 1.6. I love it to bits. It's got heated leather seats , heated front windscreen to clear the condensation super quick in the mornings, and it makes me happy. The fiancee abuses it quite a bit thought. She tends to leave all her coats on the back seat and slams the doors and the boot too much. :irked:

I walk everywhere, or I use the train. I live literally 2 minutes from a station, so it's really useful. Occasionally I use buses.

I do have a driver's license. I can't afford a car at the moment.

I drive a Nissan Micra automatic (I never passed my test in a manual) - colour tornado grey (bluish/green) 2002. I live a bit out in a sticks, with only one bus every other hour during the day, so much as I would like to use public transport, with 2 different jobs and some very odd hours, it just isn't possible. I do get out walking as well though when I can, as there is some lovely countryside around here.

a 14-year old, white, Peugeot 106 - my very first car bought with my very own money :D

a 3-year old, silver, Honda Jazz - much more comfortable to drive!!

In Malta, unfortunately, the bus system is so unreliable, that I would be completely lost without my trusty "steeds"

For 16 years I had a lease car from my employers and they were renewed every four years, that was nice.

Now I am retired I am down to a 2003 Ford Fieata, 1.4 deluxe, silver. Does the job though gets me from A-B. Had it eight and a bit months and only done just over 1000 miles, so very small mileage user lol.

A Soaraway 3000 Strat-o-buster rocket pack, circa 2179. It's jet black with an attractive flame pattern extending down the lower casing. I got it from a time travelling monk I mugged (the sucker!).

(Well, it's more interesting than saying I walk everywhere . . .)

I can't drive, so I walk pretty much everywhere, or get a us if it's a bit far. Hubby drives though - we have a dark metallic gunmetal grey Seat Ibiza which we bought new this year at Easter. :)

I bought a grey Saturn new a couple years ago and I still love it :D. I drive everywhere, every day. My fave things about my car is that it has 'suicide' doors and that it has a jack for my iPod so I can just listen to that every time I get in.

A 1997 Honda Accord. It used to be my dad's and only has about 60,000 miles under it's belt.

I hate the color, which is dark green, but it's a very reliable car, which is what matters to me.

Edited by Pixie

My husband drives and we have a 1997 red Volkswagen polo, which we named 'Rosie' (from 'Cracklin Rose' by Neil Diamond) :)

Edited by Weave

An 8 year old Micra; I have to drive for work; but not too far. Bought it last year when my last one blew up (almost literally) on the M5.

Oh my goodness, I hope you were okay Books :friends3:

My husband drives and we have a 1997 red Volkswagen polo, which we named 'Rosie' (from 'Cracklin Rose' by Neil Diamond) :)

I forgot to add, if my husband has the car at work, I walk and occasionally the bus :)

Until recently I had a 1988 Acura Legend, dark blue with a dark blue interior. It was in awful shape, so I sold it and my boyfriend gave me his black 1991 Acura Integra, which he built. It runs great (except that it needs a new muffler...right now it sounds like a lawnmower). He's now building himself a red 1994 Acura Integra GSR.

Here are other cars I've had:

1972 Toyota Corona (nicknamed The Beigemobile)...hand-me-down from older brother, lasted for 4 months.

1985 Toyota Camry, beige and brown. Another hand-me-down from older brother. Had starter issues...I had to get pushed off the ferry several times.

1987 Acura Integra, silver. I loved this car, but the radiator was swiss cheese, so it constantly overheated. Then the muffler fell off while driving down the road, so my boyfriend strapped it back on with chicken wire. Then the brake lines went out, one at a time. Then the suspension broke....twice. Sold it for $44.

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee, dark green. I borrowed this from my parents after they bought themselves a 2002 Lexus ES 300, nicknamed "Pearl". The speedometer didn't work, so driving involved a lot of guess work.