Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

What a little sweetheart , Chalie . Still love the mottled -colors of fur ,not even sure that's the right word ,but it is so pretty .

My favorite pic is the 2nd one ,with both pups smiling so big . They look really happy in that picture . :D   <   Like this   

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My poor cat was outside last night when someone started letting off fireworks (bit early!!).  She didn't come back for nearly three hours afterwards and she's spent this morning hiding under the armchair, very scared :(

Nooo ! Poor thing. crying.gif How`s she doing today ? :smile:

I haven`t been in here for ages - lovely pics of chicks, bunnies and doggies. wub.gif

Xiao-xiao the cat spent last night on my bed, the first time she`s been trusted to wander around the house at night. :D  She`s quite bouncy and investigative normally, but she had a long sleep on the bed and didn`t get up till around 6am, when she jumped on and off the bed a bit, then ended up on the windowsill at 7am, playing with the windchimes. So cute. :giggle2: Normally she sleeps in the kitchen, but her tummy problem seems okay now ( I think it was the tuna in the cat food ). :smile:

Nooo ! Poor thing. crying.gif How`s she doing today ? :smile:

Oh she's been worse today.  My neighbour has got builders in again (third year running :banghead:  ) and they've apparently been using a pneumatic drill all day, so Pixie's a nervous wreck :(

These are reposted for Little Pixie. :)

This is Goldy and Twinkletoes....

2a81fv7.jpg

And this is Tuffy, taken a few years ago. 

16hox90.jpg

Oh, good grief, they're so big....I'm not sure how to make them smaller????  :blush2:

Raycheung,

If you are referring to the stories that are sensationalized in the press, remember that what is actually reported in such stories is only a portion of the real story.  The so-called "facts" of such cases are cherry picked and written in such a way as to make it appear that a perfectly well cared for and trained dog just suddenly snapped one day for no reason and turned viscious.  In other words, they are propaganda.  Written perhaps to grind an axe, or make a political statement, of just used to up their readership, but whatever the reason I promise you they are relying on the fact the people uneducated about, and with little personal experience around dogs, to believe them.

A well cared for, healthy, trained and properly socialized dog will not "instantly transform to insane."   There is always a reason behind every attack.  Whether it's a history of abuse at their current or former home and something triggered them into the "fight or flight" mentality, or that they sensed a danger the human witnesses could not, or a million other possible scenarios, it all comes back humans looking for an explanation in human terms.  They may be our treasured and much loved "furry family members," but they are still dogs.  We can adapt their behaviours to help them fit into our world, and they will see us as their "pack," but they are STILL dogs.  5lbs of dog, or 150lbs of dog, not matter the breed or size, they are all descended from wolves.

Please don't confuse sensationalized dog attack stories as being the literal truth.  Like every story you see in the media, before passing judgement, always take time to consider the five W's of reporting:  Who, What, Where, When and Why?  And what are the writer's sources?  Can they be verified?  If so, are the sources themselves reputable?

Wordsgood

With respect, raycheung  is , i think, a troll......

These are reposted for Little Pixie. :)

This is Goldy and Twinkletoes....

And this is Tuffy, taken a few years ago. 

Oh, good grief, they're so big....I'm not sure how to make them smaller????  :blush2:

Awww ! What little sweeties ! Just gorgeous fluffy tummies. :D

Thanks so much for posting those, they`re so cute. And there`s nothing wrong with the size of the cat pics - the bigger, the better. ;)

Do they have to live indoors because of, I dunno, mountain lions and other scary wild things ? :smile:  We just have badgers and foxes, which are big enough. :smile:

Awww ! What little sweeties ! Just gorgeous fluffy tummies. :D

Thanks so much for posting those, they`re so cute. And there`s nothing wrong with the size of the cat pics - the bigger, the better. ;)

Do they have to live indoors because of, I dunno, mountain lions and other scary wild things ? :smile:  We just have badgers and foxes, which are big enough. :smile:

They are indoor cats, have been since Katrina, in 2005.  The two together were actually almost feral cats that we tamed and finally brought indoors.  Before the storm we had a sort of cat barn, but it was damaged in the hurricane, and I'd moved them in during it anyhow.  They mostly all get along, so it works.  We have three other calico cats, sisters as well. Have to keep them apart (in the house) as they are quite, er, argumentative.  

There are some wildish dogs around, and the occasional coyote.  Raccoons and armadillos of course. Oh, and lots of snakes.  :blink:

Cute, beautiful cats, pontalba :)!

Thanks!  The grey and white one is 20 years old now, that pic was taken about 3 years ago, but she looks the same.  Charles says she looks like a kitten.  :)

The other two are about 8 and 10 years old.

Our little cat family is changing again. A few years ago my mum had to move somewhere where she could only take 1 cat, so we took the other one for her. She had recently been getting thinner and quieter, and the final lot of blood tests basically told us that there was a lot wrong, and not much to be done. We took the decision to let her go peacefully, all said goodbye, and she laid her head down as if she was ready - it was so sweet. The vet was lovely, and my hubby and Beth stayed with her. Amy took it all very hard, so I had to concentrate on her.

Sleep in peace sweet Susie xx

Today I made some brief enquiries with our local Cats Protection, and there's a 5 month old kitten waiting for us if we like her! At the moment we have an older, laid back Persian, and a lively 10 month old, so we really want a younger cat for her to play with. We're going to say hello on Saturday, and see what we think.

Our little cat family is changing again. A few years ago my mum had to move somewhere where she could only take 1 cat, so we took the other one for her. She had recently been getting thinner and quieter, and the final lot of blood tests basically told us that there was a lot wrong, and not much to be done. We took the decision to let her go peacefully, all said goodbye, and she laid her head down as if she was ready - it was so sweet. The vet was lovely, and my hubby and Beth stayed with her. Amy took it all very hard, so I had to concentrate on her.

Sleep in peace sweet Susie xx

Today I made some brief enquiries with our local Cats Protection, and there's a 5 month old kitten waiting for us if we like her! At the moment we have an older, laid back Persian, and a lively 10 month old, so we really want a younger cat for her to play with. We're going to say hello on Saturday, and see what we think.

I'm sorry to hear about your little Susie.  It's so difficult.  I am, however, happy to hear about the possible new addition.  Hope it works out!!

They are indoor cats, have been since Katrina, in 2005.  The two together were actually almost feral cats that we tamed and finally brought indoors.  Before the storm we had a sort of cat barn, but it was damaged in the hurricane, and I'd moved them in during it anyhow.  They mostly all get along, so it works.  We have three other calico cats, sisters as well. Have to keep them apart (in the house) as they are quite, er, argumentative.  

There are some wildish dogs around, and the occasional coyote.  Raccoons and armadillos of course. Oh, and lots of snakes.  :blink:

Eep ! Scary. :hide:

Six cats - how fabulous.  Though having one is amusing enough for me atm. :D Xiao-Xiao went and hid next door today `cos the lawn here was being mowed ; I`m guessing it sounded too much like the Hoover Monster. ;)

I hope all your freinds and neighbours made it through the storm okay, too. :smile:

Edited by Little Pixie