Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Lily Eleonora .. with those eyes I bet she knows how to get what she wants :D (seriously .. if I had Lily's eyes I'd be using them for my own advantage .. re books and cake and whatnot .. every day :))

Molly is indeed very beautiful, I tell her so every day. Ever since she lost her brother her eyes look sad to me .. but it might be just me being fanciful :) She's 84 in human years and our new neighbours thought she was just out of kittenhood.

Awww, how sweet!  :wibbly:

Still unsure on the name, aren't you? JoJo has a softer sound and she's sooo sweet I think it'd suit her more.. but the choice is yours, Chalie.

And yes, Lily is brindle and white.. and really small: the red thing behind her in the photo is a bed. :blush2:

Aw, love all the animals !  Molly is so adorable. Oh, and I`m voting for Chica. ;)

So, this is Xiao-xiao ( `Little Sunshine`), pictured with her Winnie-the-Pooh placemat and her much used catnip toy. She`s been a family member for the past week ; she was living rough in a neighbour`s garden for 5 or 6 weeks and they couldn`t find her owner - took her to their vet and there wasn`t a microchip - their rescue cat wasn`t keen on the idea of another cat, so she was going to have to go to the rescue centre - we heard about her and went over to be introduced, and she accepted the offer of a new home.

She`s a lovely little soul; runs up to you to greet you when she hears you, follows you around the house and is madly keen on laps. She`s a bit of a Cheshire Cat - suddenly appears next to you, or walks into a room 2 seconds in front of you and completely disappears. She`s also a bit of a naughty tortie, though apparently tortoiseshell with white is called calico, which I didn`t know. :smile:

bth_xiao-xiao003a_zps2e694759.jpgbth_xiao-xiao013a_zpsa7cb5761.jpg?t=1373

Edited by Little Pixie

Love your little chicks Athena .. so sweet and chalie .. that puppy is just too adorable  :friends0: lucky, lucky you :)

This is a pic of Molly in the garden today ..she has taken to sitting on the table under the parasol because it's just too hot everywhere else :smile: 

mollysummer.jpg 

beautiful kitty poppyshake

Love that video Athena, and my daughter now wants chicks, probably not a good idea with a cat though! :D

Well, here is the picture I have been desperately waiting for, this is puppy chaliepud at 4 weeks and 2 days old..

2iuztwh.jpg

:wub:  :wub:

gorgeous dog

Last try to post a photo. If it works, you should find a photo of my Lily. If it doesn't work.. I'll give up.

Lily_zps8131244b.jpg

Lily is adorable!  Such a sweet girl! 

The latest pic of my little girl.. not the best pic, I'd have to say they are better at breeding than photography!! :D

Chica or Jojo?  Jojo or Chica??  ....................

I tend towards Jojo...mostly because of the repetitive nature of the sounds.  I think the pet responds a bit more to that sort of sound.   But Chica is cute. :)

Aw, love all the animals !  Molly is so adorable. Oh, and I`m voting for Chica. ;)

So, this is Xiao-xiao ( `Little Sunshine`), pictured with her Winnie-the-Pooh placemat and her much used catnip toy. She`s been a family member for the past week ; she was living rough in a neighbour`s garden for 5 or 6 weeks and they couldn`t find her owner - took her to their vet and there wasn`t a microchip - their rescue cat wasn`t keen on the idea of another cat, so she was going to have to go to the rescue centre - we heard about her and went over to be introduced, and she accepted the offer of a new home.

She`s a lovely little soul; runs up to you to greet you when she hears you, follows you around the house and is madly keen on laps. She`s a bit of a Cheshire Cat - suddenly appears next to you, or walks into a room 2 seconds in front of you and completely disappears. She`s also a bit of a naughty tortie, though apparently tortoiseshell with white is called calico, which I didn`t know. :smile:

bth_xiao-xiao003a_zps2e694759.jpgbth_xiao-xiao013a_zpsa7cb5761.jpg?t=1373

I love calicos!  Such a sweet girl!  :D

I've read that all calicos are female.

Lily is adorable!  Such a sweet girl! 

I tend towards Jojo...mostly because of the repetitive nature of the sounds.  I think the pet responds a bit more to that sort of sound.   But Chica is cute. :)

I love calicos!  Such a sweet girl!  :D

I've read that all calicos are female.

I`ve heard that too. :D  I shall pass on everyone`s compliments ; I just had to go and check on her, `cos she was being unusually quiet and that can mean she`s plotting something. She vanished last night and turned out to be up on the kitchen workspaces, trying to gnaw her way into her kitty crunchies box. :lol:

The fox is still around, every few days more chicken disappear. We try to keep our Pamuk outside as much as possible (Boris isn't a lot of help). I wish the fox would just die or go away.. (or maybe it's multiple, we're not sure). We know it's at least one fox, my mum has seen it. It doesn't only take chickens at night but also during the day. :(

In good news, the little chicken are growing well, they're getting quite a bit bigger. All of them have some 'proper' feathers and they like to be higher up and fly about a little, jump a bit. They're allowed to eat some fruit now as well as little bits of vegetables, it should all be cut up quite small of course. We give them strawberries and bananas mostly, with sometimes some 'andijvie' (not sure what this is in English). My mum has given them a bit of grass as well, they loved that. We also tried to give them little bits of cabbage (the adult chicken quite like that) but that's too hard for them so far.

Boris's eye is infected and his paw as well (this didn't happen at the same time). He's been given eyedrops for the eye. We're hoping the paw will recover by itself, he's had that only two days ago whereas the eye infection has been there quite a bit longer.

Pamuk limps a little now and then, especially now that she's been running around after the fox at night. I'm very proud of her though, most of the time she scares him/her off.

Sorry to hear about the chickens, foxes can be a nuisance, especially if you have sizeable land which is harder to protect..

Poor Boris, those infections don't sound very pleasant.. Manuka honey is good for healing if you have any, if not slightly salted cooled boiled water would be good for keeping it clean..

So sorry about the news Athena. Foxes can be really nasty.. poor chickens. I do use salted cooled boiled water when my old ladies' paws get an infection. And I keep the paws protected with some sort of bandage. Let us know how Boris is.. and give him and Pamuk a hug, ok?

Boris's eye is infected and his paw as well (this didn't happen at the same time). He's been given eyedrops for the eye. We're hoping the paw will recover by itself, he's had that only two days ago whereas the eye infection has been there quite a bit longer.

Pamuk limps a little now and then, especially now that she's been running around after the fox at night. I'm very proud of her though, most of the time she scares him/her off.

Aw, poor things. :unsure:  Hope they both feel better soon. :smile:

Xiao-Xiao had her vet`s visit today - worming, vaccinations for cat flu, enteritis and leukaemia, and she was microchipped. Back for more jabs next month. She wowled in the car on the way there and panted, which was a bit scary, but she`s fine now. :smile:

She jumped off the examining table and inspected the room - so brave.   :D

• 2 weeks later...

Poppyshake, Molly's so beautiful! :smile2: I'm still sorry about her brother boy passing away, but at least she's now given all the loving and attention :giggle2:

Eleonora, I'm happy you finally managed to post a picture! Lily is a darling :wub:

Little Pixie, what a darling wee cat :smile2:

Chaliepud, I saw the latest pics on FB, I see she's already changed color! :) Are you still undecided about the name? How about Leila? (As in Layla) :D Sorry, I'll not confuse you with more names, stick to the ones you've got, you and your family will figure it out. When something feels right, that's the name :yes: