Toe-Curlers

Coffin Nail

Have we got an embarrassing moments thread?

If we have, apologies mods for being untidy and I'm sure you'll be out with your virtual dustpans to tidy this away. :D

This is really nothing more than a crass attempt to make myself feel better. My young neighbours AND window cleaner caught me in full on iPod boogie fever while I was putting out the rubbish. It was Spencer Davis, what's a person to do?:D:blush:

This Ipod is going to get me into trouble, I catch my head bobbing or I'm miming the lyrics. How I've managed to keep on walking through the park on my way to work, instead of a full on 'Hello Wembley' moment is beyond me, especially if it's quiet.

Everyone has an embarrassing moment, usually when I'm trying to be my most fabulous. Handbag trapped in tram doors, spike heel stuck in pavement, the walk home when heel snaps off, dropping a case of a thousand eggs in front of an entire shopful of punters, getting my car wedged in a small space attempting a 30 point turn, assuming someone pregnant when they were just fat.:)

Tell me some of yours so I don't feel numpty on my own.:lol:

Hmm. Well I of course have my moments when I do something incredibly stupid and I feel like I should be able to press a button so the earth will come up and swallow me please.. :) But I found that when you just laugh at yourself at a moment like that, you rule them. :D Like, the dancing to your ipod thingie? Well, kick it up a notch when they see you, let them see you see them and act sillier, laugh about yourself, and suddenly it's just funny and not so much embarrassing. Tripping over your own feet too, even in a crowded street, becomes much funnier when you laugh about it. These things happen to people, so I try not to let them bother me. Though honestly, I can be so clumsy at times. :lol::D

A year or so ago, I commented to one of the managers at work, about how awful it was to get your nose broken while practising sports, as he must have done.... His reply - I never broke my nose, neither while doing sports, nor doing anything else.

A year or so ago, I commented to one of the managers at work, about how awful it was to get your nose broken while practising sports, as he must have done.... His reply - I never broke my nose, neither while doing sports, nor doing anything else.

Ooops:blush:

My go-to embarrassing moment when I get asked this question is the time my shirt got caught on a wire rack as I was high-speed sliding through a narrow gap to get behind a counter at work, ripping several buttons off and exposing my own rack for the whole shop to see. I dived behind the counter and grabbed some safety pins to tide me over til my manager got me another shirt, but I could hear a few wolf whistles from my hiding place. Oh the shame :D

:lol: I'm not laughing at you guys, I'm laughing with you!

The only thing I can think of right now is one time when I was in high school, my friends and I did a 'fire drill' around the car whilst waiting for a traffic light to change. I was the last person out of the car and as I was getting ready to run around it my jeans caught in the door, which I slammed shut, and ripped halfway down the side of my leg. Very embarassing, especially when total strangers are laughing at you from their cars...:) Not to mention the honking when the light turned green and I'm still standing there laughing trying to get the door open.

I'm not even going to dare to share my most embarrassing moment so I'll go with the second most. :) When I was a teen I did a lot of rollerskating at a local rink called Skate Away. One night I was going to show off by kneeling on one skate with the other leg straight out in front of me. The pants I was wearing were really old and tight so when I knelt down they split down the back of my thigh from knee to waist, exposing my skin and my panties. I was mortified because it happened while out on the floor so everyone saw it! Being the stubborn creature I am I refused to call my mom to come get me (she would have mocked me forever!) and stayed with my friends. My wonderful boyfriend at the time found a pile of bumper stickers and put them all over my bum and thigh and then put some on his clothes and our other friend's clothes. It was a lot less mortifying having them all looking like a dork with me. :lol:

That was pretty wonderful of of your bf CaliLily! :lol:

I suppose one of the most embarrassing moments I've endured was when my skirt fell off in the middle of a busy gasoline station many years ago. I'd gone in to pay for the gas I'd just pumped.

It was in the middle of the hottest part of the summer here, and I wore one of those light cotton wrap around skirts. One of the ties just broke loose, and the whole thing slipped to the ground around me puddling at my feet. It seemed to go on forever, and just as it hit the ground I simply stooped and picked it up, clutching the waist of it to mine, flushing madly. Walked [somehow] steadily back to my car, managed to get in and start the car and drive as sedately as possible out onto the roadway.

This was during that gas crisis over here back in the mid 1970's, and there was a long line of cars waiting to get into the station. Of course that would happen to me with the largest possible audience. :)

I have so many, when I was in my teens my friend Annette and I were cycling along the riverside. Some good looking lads on the other side whistled at us and I managed to cycle into the river. So uncool, Annette was a great help as she joined the boys in laughing her head off!

Edited by wiccibat

:):lurker::lol: I know. Then I tried to backtrack, and another colleague who was listening said - 'The best thing to do is to stop talking'.

:lol: Your original post was pretty darn funny Maureen, but this makes it even funnier!

I'm sure I have lots of embarrassing moments that I've probably blanked from my mind. The only one I can think of at the moment is from when I was in year 7 or 8 (around 12-13 years old) I had to walk through a primary school of an afternoon to get to my bus stop and one day I sat on a stair railing in the playground to slide down it and fell off backwards into a garden or something. I probably flashed my underwear. This was when their school had just let out for the day, so there were people everywhere. :D

My boyfriend (now husband), my sister and her boyfriend took me on a weekend away in New York a few years ago for my birthday. One morning we went to a diner for breakfast and as we were leaving I fell down the stairs. The whole diner was packed and everyone just turned to gawp at the mad woman making a racket. I stood up and said "It's ok you can laugh because if it had been one of you I would be laughing right now" with that everyone started laughing. I then made a quick exit with a very bruised arm from hitting it on a corner of a table and a large bump on the head from hitting it on a fire extinguisher!

Later that day my boyfriend proposed to me in Central Park and we joke now and say that I only said yes because I had a bump on the head!!:)

That's an awesome story Rachel. :) It's great that you gave everyone 'permission' to laugh. Personally, as bad as it sounds, I find it absolutely hilarious when people fall over (unless they've hurt themselves). I try not to laugh though because I don't want to offend them. And it's just the situation I'm laughing at - not them personally. I would have been grateful to you for letting me let the laughter out if I'd been there.

That's an awesome story Rachel. :) It's great that you gave everyone 'permission' to laugh. Personally, as bad as it sounds, I find it absolutely hilarious when people fall over (unless they've hurt themselves). I try not to laugh though because I don't want to offend them. And it's just the situation I'm laughing at - not them personally. I would have been grateful to you for letting me let the laughter out if I'd been there.

I try not to laugh until I know no one's hurt then I can't help myself I have to giggle!

That's a terrible/wonderful story Rachel! :lol:

Mine involved a moment of passion in a lounge room, cheesy puff savoury snacks accidentally stuck on the part of my anatomy that I sit on, and my standing up afterwards to be caught in all my naked but for savoury snack glory by the person who chose that moment to unexpectedly walk in! :)

That's a terrible/wonderful story Rachel! :lol:

Mine involved a moment of passion in a lounge room, cheesy puff savoury snacks accidentally stuck on the part of my anatomy that I sit on, and my standing up afterwards to be caught in all my naked but for savoury snack glory by the person who chose that moment to unexpectedly walk in! :lol:

:D

That's fantastic Chrissy.

Being caught bare bummed by a group of beardie ramblers when I got caught short on a hike, doesn't seem quite as bad now.:D:blush:

At least there wasn't a cheesy snack stuck on it.:)

Edited by Coffin Nail

Mine involved a moment of passion in a lounge room, cheesy puff savoury snacks accidentally stuck on the part of my anatomy that I sit on, and my standing up afterwards to be caught in all my naked but for savoury snack glory by the person who chose that moment to unexpectedly walk in! :lol:

Oh no!:):smile2:

Oh god you've reminded me of the time I was out with my Auntie Jane. We were walking back to her cottage at 2am. It was pitch dark on a lonely country lane in county Galway. We both needed to pee and Jane convinced me we'd be fine just using the grassy verge. While in midstream,our lilywhite bums were illuminated by the headlights of the only car on that road at that flaming time!:)

Ha ha so funny:lol:

I remember I went on a date with this guy and we ended up in the pub next door to my parents house where I was living at the time, as we kissed goodbye and I walked off I fell into the hedge in front of everyone sitting outside. :)

Ha ha so funny:lol:

I remember I went on a date with this guy and we ended up in the pub next door to my parents house where I was living at the time, as we kissed goodbye and I walked off I fell into the hedge in front of everyone sitting outside. :)

I did something similar outside Windsor safari park (Legoland now), they used to have disco's there and me and my friend had just met a couple of boys who said they'd walk us home. We all had to run across the main road outside, it was pitch black I couldn't see anything, and I ran straight into a really deep ditch. I was so mortified that I almost wanted to stay in the ditch (it hurt loads too but you have to put a brave face on ... I literally did look like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards).

Most embarrassing though has to be when I did some temp work working for my Dad whilst his secretary was on holiday, I stayed in the office on my own at lunchtime and a guy came in and started chatting, he launched into this complete character assassination of my Dad, told me he was a right **** and that it must have been my unlucky day when the agency sent me there. I had to tell him ... though I cringed for a full five minutes first .. that it was my Dad. His back pedalling was almost worse.