What's for Dinner?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would get ahead of the game and cook the beef casserole I'm going to have for New Year's Day today, so I only have to reheat it and do some greens etc tomorrow.

The plan went very well; two and a half hours plus cooking, beef and vegetables well cooked, two large portions divided into two boxes with one of them put in the freezer for a later date.

The plan then fell apart when I ate the other portion for my tea this evening . . .

Oh well, I still have the ready meal I was going to have tonight . . .

We went to our next door neighbours house for dinner tonight, as his wife is away cat sitting.  We had pasta with sweet and sour mixed veg followed by Christmas pudding with cream. He really is  a very good cook.  We shall have to return the favour. :smile:   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooh, cool. I want to try to make Jambalaya one day.

I had leftover pasta (fettuccini 'venetian') from an Italian restaurant I went to last night. Absolutely delicious.

I made two pies from our leftover Christmas dinner and we ate one in January .. we ate the other one today :blush2:  The whole Christmas experience in a pie .. without crackers, tinsel, carols, The Snowman, Slade or the bad temper :D Very wet and cold out today so perfect pie weather .. didn't want to take it into Spring :blush2:    

That sounds lovely, Kay :)!

I'm not sure yet what we'll have for dinner, I suggested I could make leek pie (with bacon) but I'm unsure if we have decided on that or not.. so I'll go and ask soon if everyone's okay with that and then make it. We have lots of eggs from our chicken so I felt like making something with a lot of eggs that's tasty as well.