Liz's 2006 Book List

Liz

Went to town this morning - managed to beat all the crowds out for a bargin. Went to Waterstones and couldn't resist their 3 for 2 on Terry Pratchett. Chose 3 Discworld books.

Then popped in to the Oxfam bookshop. They also had a 3 for 2 offer on. Ended up walking away with....

# Two of Stephen Fry's novels

# Good Omens ~ T. Pratchett & N. Gaiman

# (bk1) Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency ~ D. Adams

# (bk2) The Long Dark Tea-Time Of The Soul ~ D. Adams

Thanks to Sugar who recommended the Dirk Gently ones.

So there's quite a few that will be added to the TBR pile.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing a lot about this, and being given a very positive review from Kell, I've decided to have a go at.......

About The Author

John Colapinto

Cal Cunningham, a penniless Manhattan bookstore clerk, has always dreamed of writing a book that would rocket him to the top of the bestsellers list. "Almost Like Suicide", the great novel, based on Cal's life, fulfils his every fantasy making Cal the hottest thing in New York. But is Cal the author? And what happened to his flatmate Stewart, who died in a bicycle accident, and had literary aspirations of his own?

I hope you'll enjoy it. I lent my copy to my Mam as I think it's something that'll be right up her street. Quite an unusual book, but I loved the whole concpet & Colainto's style - I'll certainly be reading more of his work.

I'm nearing the end of the book, now. About 50 pages to go.

I must finish it before 2007 arrives otherwise it is going to get on my nerves and really wind me up. I have a thing about carrying a book over the New Year. When do I say that I read it? 2006? 2007? Where do I place the book? So I have to finish this book before 00:00 on 1st January and then wait until it's 2007 before I can start a new book. Does that make sense?

I know exactly how you feel, Liz - I've just finished my book & now I'm going to have to take a day off from reading so that I don't carry one over to 2007! What will I do instead??? I'm just pleased I'm not the only one who gets funny about things like that! :roll:

Well, finished off my last book of 2006. And I have to say, it wasn't too bad. Very good in fact. Really enjoyed the first part (the book has four parts in it). The action that had built up seemed to disappear a little in the second and third parts but picked up again in the final part and raced away to the end. A great book to finish the year with. :roll:

This year, I think, has been my best year for reading. Have read about 50 books this year - the most I've ever read in a year! Have read some great books, some not so great books, and some really awful books.

Lets hope I get my eyes around some great books in 2007!

:roll:;):roll:Liz xxx :):D :mrgreen: