Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am now reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (for January Reading Circle) and Halfhead by Stuart B Macbride.

Would love to know what you think of Halfdead as Stuart Macbride in his other guise is one of my favorite authors

Had a day off yesterday so I read for hours and hours. I am about half way through Fingersmith now and was very shocked by the developement of the plot.

Do you mean the twist after the first 100 or so pages (maybe even 200 page)? The end of part one? If so, I soooo know what you're talking about, I was dumbfounded!

I started reading my first Janet Evanovich novel, One for the Money. So far I'm really enjoying the book! Reminds me of the great TV-series The Huntress.

Today I bought Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt and The Voluptuous Delights of Peanut Butter and Jam by Lauren Liebenberg. That's 4 books bought in total this week... But I will not feel guilty - it's Christmas afterall. :17:

I gave it a 3/5, I thought it was really slow compared to Blood Brother which was much better, but I still enjoyed reading it, he's a good writer :17:

The Death Collectors (Book2) is even better than Blood brother, well thats what I think anyway.

4x3 at WHSmith's Books at Luton today, so I added a book to Mum's 3; I picked up Neil Gaiman's American Gods as I've loved what I've read by him so far (Stardust and Neverwhere) and want to make my mind up about his most famous and polarising work - everyone I know who's read it either says it's his best or that it's drivel. I hope that the judges of the Hugo, Nebula, Stoker and Locus aren't all wrong!

I am shortly about the finish Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett, an enjoyable read.

Not sure what I'll move on to next. Maybe Raymond Chandler, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or another Trixie Belden.

Today I received in the mail Swastika Night by Katharine Burdekin (a dystopian novel).

Do you mean the twist after the first 100 or so pages (maybe even 200 page)? The end of part one? If so, I soooo know what you're talking about, I was dumbfounded!

I started reading my first Janet Evanovich novel, One for the Money. So far I'm really enjoying the book! Reminds me of the great TV-series The Huntress.

Yes! I could not believe it.

I had felt so sorry for Maud and I thought I knew where the book was going with regards to Sue developing feelings for her. I was very very shocked indeed. I can genuinely say I do not know what is going to happen now :17:

MuggleMagic, I know exactly what you mean. There was just no way of seeing it coming. And

Sue developing feelings for her was also very unexpected and then it all went upside down

. It's one of the most unexpected, shocking and leaving-me-breathless twists I've ever encountered. I'll let you read on, but just want to say that I'd like to hear what you thought of the book overall when you've finished it :17: Happy reading!