Book suggestions please

One of our earliest 'Bookworms' titles was The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - that went down really well. :D

Another great one is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Set in Afghanistan, it's not a difficult read at all and the subject-matter will definitely make for a good discussion.

I love my Bookworms group - my evenings there are something I really look forward too. :D Good luck with setting yours up. :)

I would reccomend to you Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. The group I read it with was all women but I'm sure it would also appeal to men. It is about a young women's journey and heroism when her village is infected with the Plague in 1666. The book is beautifully written and a rather easy read.

I would recommend:

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman

I've read these books and have since passed them around friends and family, male and female. Everyone has enjoyed them and we all like different types of fiction generally. Hope everything goes well with your reading group :D