Raven

The Hobbit

You've got a couple of years, I don't think this is due until Christmas 2011.

I cannot wait. I really DO hope that they get it right. I'm enraged, however that PJ isn't directing it. Enraged. Why can't he just bloody make time for it? It's The Hobbit! But that aside, I was hoping that the same actors would do the same roles, Ian Holm=Bilbo, Ian McKellen=Gandalf, and blahbluhblah, but apparently not. Ian Holm is apparently too old, and so is Christopher Lee, so they're casting a new Bilbo and Saruman.

Hopefully they're good enough. *fingers crossed*

I cannot wait. I really DO hope that they get it right. I'm enraged, however that PJ isn't directing it. Enraged. Why can't he just bloody make time for it? It's The Hobbit! But that aside, I was hoping that the same actors would do the same roles, Ian Holm=Bilbo, Ian McKellen=Gandalf, and blahbluhblah, but apparently not. Ian Holm is apparently too old, and so is Christopher Lee, so they're casting a new Bilbo and Saruman.

Peter Jackson is still producing, and I wouldn't say Del Toro is inexperienced. I don't think you will notice a drop in quaility from the Lord of the Rings films.

I would have liked Holm to play Bilbo as well though, as I've always pictured him as an older man anyway, but you can't have everything!

Too tall, he's completely the wrong build for a Hobbit. There are plenty of other roles he could play though . . .

Me too.. and they're starting filming this summer right? :)

I think they are due to start in April. Not sure if that has been pushed back or not as there was some problems with the film rights, I believe.

Though please, no Ronan Keating..

Seconded!

The last few days I have been getting so excited over this! I re watched the Lord of the Rings and now I can't wait!!!

I've not read the book but I'm just waiting to see Aidan Turner as a hobbit!! If ever a time for a sexy hobbit is possible, it'll be with this film! ;)

I've not read the book but I'm just waiting to see Aidan Turner as a hobbit!! If ever a time for a sexy hobbit is possible, it'll be with this film! ;)

Haha - I hope so! Wood, Astin, Monaghan and Boyd were too cute and adorable to be sexy!

And I LOVE Stephan Fry - I am going to be unbearable to live with until December 2012!

Yay for Stephen Fry! I hadn't realised they were making it into two movies.

:D