Cross stitch

lexiepiper

It was a free kit on the front of a CrossStitchers magazine. I'm not sure which copy it was, but I could dig through my mags and find out if you're interested in back ordering it?

Ooh that would be great, thanks... as long as it's not putting you to too much trouble. He's just so cute, I'd love to be able to track him down!

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've started designing a new small series of pieces based on quotes from Eddie Izzard's various stand-up routines (he's my favourite comedian and he deserves to be immortalised at every opportunity!). Here are the two I have designed so far and more are to follow. I hope my fellow fans will like them. ;)

post-3572-093115800 1282856734_thumb.jpg

post-3572-011333000 1282856752_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My pal had her second baby boy the other day. Because I didn't know her till after her first son was born (and so never stitched anything for his birth), I thought a little ornament to commemorate BOTH her beautiful boys might be nice. So, this little ornament has a "C" for Charlie (the new baby) on one side and an "H" for Hayden (the big brother, who is a month or so older than Xan) on the other. This is the item Xan was helping me stitch in the video I posted on Facebook. :)

01cside.jpg02hside.jpg

The silver heart at the bottom says "Made with love" on it. :)

• 1 year later...

Wow there is some gorgeous work in here - Lexiepiper I simply adore your Christmas hanger, its beautiful!

Here is a selection of the work I have completed lately. The Christmas one with Santa on I completed in July. The Henry VIII was completed in February.

DSCF0352-1.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

DSCF0357.jpg

Edited by HoneyGirl

• 2 months later...

I've given up on my stitching for a good few months now but I am starting to miss it so as soon as the holidays are over I will be picking up the needle again :) I have my sewing machine too now which I am learning to use so my hobbies are having to be split into my free time equally

Wow Honey ~!~

Those are absolutely beautiful . How long did it take to complete each one ,do you remember ? You are so talented . Are you one of the ones in here who designs these yourself ? I think it was possibly Poppy who does that also, and maybe someone else .

Dawn

Yours is also pretty . Do you guys have lots of these kits available over there ? They used to be very popular here, but not as many people that I know of still do the counted cross stitch . Probably the most popular craft here is crochet and knitting, I'd guess . That's what seems to be a large part of the huge craft stores here. I used to love to crochet and knit ,but can't use any of the yarn any longer due to my breathing problems. I have had to give it up ,but sure miss having a craft to work on .

You guys are going to get me hooked on these beautiful cross stitch kits now. Just lovely !

Hi Julie, the Henry once took me about 6 months in all but it had been a project I'd put away for a few years before I completed it.

The Christmas one I started in February and had finished it by July, I really loved doing that one, it was really enjoyable :) I didn't design either myself, they were from a kit, I don't really think I am talented enough to design anything myself yet ;)

Thank you for your lovely comments too - please keep me updated on whether you get to cross stitch

Hi Honey

Well, I drove up to the closest craft shop today ,which is about 30 minutes from here,and I chose a counted cross stitch kit to start on . I also found a felt-type stocking kit that uses sequins and a little bit of embroidery ,etc on it. It is all in pieces so you have to put it together to make a complete stocking . I started making them for each of our kids when they were born,then for their spouses, then for the grandkids. One of our sons is divorced,but we still see his ex pretty often since she is the mom of our grandson .She has moved on from their divorce,which was several years ago,and now has a toddler little girl .She wanted me to make her a stocking too like all the rest of the family has,so I found one of them marked down a lot on the after-Christmas sale ,so I will most likely do that first so she can put it away with her Christmas things. It shouldn't take very many days to complete it .

I'll keep you posted with some progress along the way with my new kit ! Thank you again for you support and encouragement .

Dawn

Yours is also pretty . Do you guys have lots of these kits available over there ? They used to be very popular here, but not as many people that I know of still do the counted cross stitch . Probably the most popular craft here is crochet and knitting, I'd guess . That's what seems to be a large part of the huge craft stores here. I used to love to crochet and knit ,but can't use any of the yarn any longer due to my breathing problems. I have had to give it up ,but sure miss having a craft to work on .

Hi Julie

Thanks for your comments, I have just finished one to give our Minister who is retiring in January post-8338-0-00474900-1325108351_thumb.jpg

However, I have to say I find getting kits quite difficult, they are either large and very complicated, or got Teddy's on, so I am experimenting using a cross stitch designer on the computer, taking photos and converting them into cross stitch, I have done my first one of the Lighthouse a short distance from me, just waiting for the thread to arrive to start stitching so watch this space :smile:

I haven't been able to stitch for ages due to the major overhaul we have been doing on the house. I just didn't want to get them dusty or dirty.

I've been itching to get my unfinished projects back out for a few weeks now so I think I may restart in the New Year. I've been building up quite a list of things I want to stitch but I can't start anything new until I complete at least one of my ongoing projects.

Hi Dawn

I'm sure your minister will appreciate the cross stitch item you made for him . I always think handmade presents are best,because you put a little piece of yourself in the gift .

The computer program you have sounds interesting . I'll definitely be watching to see what you do next .

Hi Lily

It sounds like there are lots of you that like cross stitch here in this group . I'd also like to see some of your projects if you have them online anyplace . I hope maybe you will get the chance to get them back out and work on them soon .

Hi Julie, I have a thread in the members threads section, Kat's Stitchy Stuff although I haven't had much chance to update it recently. Hopefully I will get some more done and can add a few more pictures.

My linen arrived in the post this morning and I'm excited and scared as I've never stitched linen before. I've looked into the method and such and I understand what I'm doing but I just have to take the leap and do it now!

Hi Lily

Love the black angel -it's such a pretty pattern. Is it done yet ? I noticed several photos said they weren't there anymore (from photobucket) ,so not sure if they were of that,or another one.

The bear with the flowers was cute ,and the last one with the wording on it is really neat too. You do great work .

So, this sounds stupid,but I'm not very updated on counted cross stitch items, etc .

Can you tell me about the linen you just got ? Is it a different type material to cross stitch on,or different sized squares ?

All I know is like the different aida counts -- the 14 being probably the most easy to find here,but some kits now have 18 's and maybe even smaller squares than that. I think I'll have to stick with 14,although I found some beautiful ones that were 18's . Just don't know if my old eyeballs could keep up with it .

I also found a super cute one that was done on black .It was of a cat laying on a shelf of books. VERY pretty . I'll seee if I can find an online link to post here --

library cat

Linen is a different fabric altogether. It still has squares on it to stitch but they are not as even and not quite as clear to see. Aida is the most common material and probably the easiest to stitch on as all the squares are even and easy to see. Linen will be a new experience for me.

The angel is halfway done. I keep taking breaks from that one as it's so big. I want to finish the Rules for the home piece soon. That was one of our very own Kell's designs. You should have a look at her bits and pieces too. She's has some amazing designs.

Morning Lily

I think I know what you mean now on the linen .There is fabric here that you can buy to do counted x stitch on that is for baby afghans,so it is really soft .The squares on it are harder to see than the aida cloth . I've never tried using it though . I don't think I'd be quite up to that challenge since I would be considered more a beginner in this than anything else. I have done some, but not enough to do anything that is super challenging .

Maybe you guys in here will help motivate me since so many of you do this same craft . I'll go see if I can find Kell's blog page. Maybe it will have her x-stitch on it .

Thanks -

I want to finish the Rules for the home piece soon. That was one of our very own Kell's designs. You should have a look at her bits and pieces too. She's has some amazing designs.

Awww, shucks - you've made me blush now! Than kyou for the compliment. :) The Rules For Life samper has been insanely popular. I'm currently planning something along similar lines which will hopefully be ready for release in a month or so...