Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris

Kell

Charlaine Harris has a couple other series but I haven't tried them. I agree though, it is hard to find something to equal how much I enjoy reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. Sookie is one of the most unique and enjoyable characters I have ever come across.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any other names for the fisrt book? as I have just tried to reserve it from my local library and there is no sign of it. They have all the other books I think but I can't find the first.

Any help? I don't want to get the first book as it is not normally my sort of thing but with all the good reviews I wanted to try it out :D

Thanks

CW.

Catwoman, I might be wrong but I don't think there are alternative titles to the first book. But why don't you write your library and ask if they could get Dead Until Dark in their collections because they have all the other books as well? :D

Catwoman, I might be wrong but I don't think there are alternative titles to the first book. But why don't you write your library and ask if they could get Dead Until Dark in their collections because they have all the other books as well? :D

Yeah I think I will. I am actually going up to the library today to make sure that there is not an error or something on the Internet reserve site (which I doubt there will.) Hopefully I might be able to get some joy.

Thanks frankie.

Yeah I think I will. I am actually going up to the library today to make sure that there is not an error or something on the Internet reserve site (which I doubt there will.) Hopefully I might be able to get some joy.

I think that's a good idea :D Hope you will get it via library sooner or later!

Are there any other names for the fisrt book? as I have just tried to reserve it from my local library and there is no sign of it. They have all the other books I think but I can't find the first.

Any help? I don't want to get the first book as it is not normally my sort of thing but with all the good reviews I wanted to try it out :D

Thanks

CW.

My library has it listed as True Blood: Dead Until Dark and sometimes True Blood: Book 1 so it might be worth looking for that.

Harris, Charlaine All together dead Hardback

Harris, Charlaine Dead and gone Hardback

Harris, Charlaine From dead to worse Hardback

Harris, Charlaine Definitely dead Paperback

Harris, Charlaine Living dead in Dallas Paperback

Harris, Charlaine Dead to the world Paperback

Harris, Charlaine Club Dead Paperback

Harris, Charlaine Club Dead Large Print

Harris, Charlaine Living dead in Dallas Large Print

This is all that it shows up. Maybe I am stupid and missing something but I can't see the first book there. :D

What library (being in mind this website are for ALL teh libraries in the main city and the surrounding areas and not one book in the first series of a well known TV show.:D

Catwoman, I know it seems really stupid and incredible. But maybe some stupid customer has stolen the copies of Dead Until Dark :lol: Did you go there today to ask about it personally?

I was going to but it was really busy and they were short staffed. So I am going to do it next time I go.

Does seem strange though that they have the others but not the first one.

I'm just reading Club Dead and I don't like it as much as I did Living Dead in Dallas, but it's definitely good though.

I hate

Bill. I hated him for what he did to Sookie in the trunk of the car and I almost cried. That son of a bitch. I don't care that he's a vampire and it's his instinct and blah blah. Eric has been so sweet. (I was astonished at his and Sookie's fingerbang session at Russell's which was only interrupted by the poor darling Bubba :lol:)

I'm just at the part when Sookie and Eric left Bill behind and they're at the gas station, talking to the to guys who're after them.

Eric: What were you supposed to watch for?

Guys: A big dark guy and a tall blond guy. With a blond woman, real young, with nice tits.

Eric: You are speaking of my future lover. Be more respectful.

:lol: Ever so eloquent enigmatic Eric <3

Okay I'm really going to have to get on-board with these novels. Seems to be a lot of hype about them amongst this forum. And I'm afraid I'll have to shamefully admit I've never even looked to see what they are about. :lol:

I love that bit "you are speaking of my future lover" :lol: Gotta love Eric. I like Club Dead :D I got a bit bored with Definitely Dead and Dead to the World is still my favourite :D

I think the first four are fantastic! 5, 6, 7 were a bit :lol: for me but still addictive. 8 was better and 9 was great again :D

And yes Frankie the scene at

Russell's was a bit 'where did that come from!??'

in a good way of course :smile2:

Well I went up the local library and enquired about getting the first book. aparently none opf the local libraries even the main City library DO NOT have the first installment of the series. So I think I might wait and see if I can get it cheap somewhere.

Well I went up the local library and enquired about getting the first book. aparently none opf the local libraries even the main City library DO NOT have the first installment of the series. So I think I might wait and see if I can get it cheap somewhere.

What a shame! Fancy not having the first installment? Hmph! Have you tried amazon? I get a few cheap books from there for 1p (+

I think the first four are fantastic! 5, 6, 7 were a bit :lol: for me but still addictive. 8 was better and 9 was great again :D

And yes Frankie the scene at

Russell's was a bit 'where did that come from!??'

in a good way of course :smile2:

Definitely in a good way, I didn't mind at all! But I was just so surprised :D I kept thinking is this really happening, did I read this right?? I had to pause for a moment before I could continue :lol:

Catwoman, sorry to hear about the libraries not having that book :D Couldn't they order them now? Have you ever tried play.com? The first book, Dead Until Dark costs

I can't wait to get to book 4, Charm's been hassling me to start reading it as soon as possible :lol:

I might have to join Charm in her quest to get you to book 4 more quickly. It's the best book of the whole series, frankie, we can't wait for you to get to it :smile2: you're gonna love it :lol:

I might have to join Charm in her quest to get you to book 4 more quickly. It's the best book of the whole series, frankie, we can't wait for you to get to it :smile2: you're gonna love it

:lol: Well I've just read Chapter 1 and had to come here to say

what the heck is happening with Eric?? :D I hope he'll soon recover. It's weird how he said a woman shouldn't be alone at this late hour and how come the men in Sookie's family aren't supporting him. Pam mentioned witches and I guess they've erased his memory but is he like mentally in the 1900s or what? Just guessing :D It was so sweet, him with his puppy dog eyes asking Sookie if he could come to her bedroom before he had to go sleep. And them two sleeping together in the same bed. Awww :D

And, my questions where rhetorical, I do not want any spoilers :lol:

:lol: Well I've just read Chapter 1 and had to come here to say

what the heck is happening with Eric?? :D I hope he'll soon recover. It's weird how he said a woman shouldn't be alone at this late hour and how come the men in Sookie's family aren't supporting him. Pam mentioned witches and I guess they've erased his memory but is he like mentally in the 1900s or what? Just guessing :smile2: It was so sweet, him with his puppy dog eyes asking Sookie if he could come to her bedroom before he had to go sleep. And them two sleeping together in the same bed. Awww :D

And, my questions where rhetorical, I do not want any spoilers :lol:

I think Eric in some ways has returned to an aspect of his personality that he might have forgot about it :D