• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

April Supporter Giveaway   04/01/2019

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden."   In honour of spring, the April giveaway is a print of this wonderful quote from The Secret Garden (thanks, once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk) along with a Secret Garden tea (Victoria Sponge flavoured!) from the  Literary Tea Company! (You can find them both at their own website theliteraryteacompany.co.uk and at their etsy store www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany ).   As always, patreon supporters will be entered automatically and if you don't support but want to be included in this month's giveaway you can join the patreon here: www.patreon.com/bookclubforum A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month!
Janet

Which country are you from?

What country are you from?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. What country are you from?

Me too Nic, that and a primary school playground. I also live on a busy road !!! Makes me green with envy !!! :welcome2:

I'm from Fife in Scotland. Help ma boab, heres a view looking from my front door.

2007_02070009.jpg

Beautiful. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong country. Maybe someday....

I look out on to other houses too, but I can see the sea from my back bedroom :17:, lovely view paige turner I am so jealous.

It is a great view and we have some great sunsets. But don't be fooled, i live in a street, just lucky to be at the end of it. Sadly there are plans pending for houses right in the foreground of that pic'.:17:

I voted other simply because my history is way too confusing to fit anything else. Let's see, I was born in States, grew up mainly in France, but also in SA, US (not where I was born, though, another state), and Finland. I'm currently living in Finland again (after some time in France and couple of states in US), but at the moment I'm in the US.

I don't find Italy in the list! :P

Born in Rome and I still live here!

Obviously we can't cover all the options, so if we've missed your country out then please don't be offended. You have an 'other' option so please tick that and then post your answer in the thread.

:17:

oh michelle thanks! but I was jocking..:P but now that I think about it, if there isn't (in the list) my country maybe it means that in this forum there aren't many people that came from italy.. but I'm so happy to have found this forum!

anyway, thanks for the attenction to my "sadness"!

p.s. it's so difficult this language, arghh! sorry and excuse me for the errors :17:

Your English is very good (I don't speak any languages well enough to communicate in writing - I can just about get by in very basic French - but only talking) so don't worry about it - we can understand you perfectly. :17:

Your English is very good (I don't speak any languages well enough to communicate in writing - I can just about get by in very basic French - but only talking) so don't worry about it - we can understand you perfectly. :006:

Thanks Janet!!!!:welcome:

If you look at my original reply to this thread, Julia, you'll see that we're in very similar situations.

I was born in Zimbabwe and moved to England when I was 5 years old. My dad was England and his family had moved to Zimbabwe when he was a young boy. Most of the rest of my family still live in Zimbabwe

I was born in England, "down south" so my boyfriend says, in the city of Bath, then when we had been together for a while I moved up north to be with him in his home town of Lincoln

I'm the only Republic of Ireland person here! That doesn't surprise me. The Republic is a bit cut off from the technological world - the only Irish peeps I've ever met online are Northern Irish people. No idea why that is.

Anyway yes, I'm a born and raised West Ireland country cail