Strictly Come Dancing - new line-up P15

supergran71

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aromaannie, I so agree! Gary was definitely the worst, but as is usual with this programme (can I mention Kate Garraway?) he was not in the bottom two. :blush:

Of Phil and Don, I wanted Phil to stay. I thought he was the better dancer. Don was incredibly wooden!

ETA: Wasn't it great to see Alesha dancing again? She is a wonderful dancer, and always looks like she's enjoying herself so much! I wanted her to win last year, and I was so glad when she did. Well deserved. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Random thoughts on tonight...

John Sergeant wasn't too good on the tango, he would have been better if he hadn't been smiling like a cuddly uncle all the way through! Don's expressionless face was very useful for the tango - he was better than I expected.

Gary Rhodes had improved, but he still wasn't great. And I just can't take to Mark Foster or Andrew Castle at all. I hope these two or Gary are in the dance-off. I think Andrew's partner, Ola, is wearing more and more skimpy costumes to get the male vote, as Andrew is so bad!

Austin Healy's jive was excellent, and Tom's was almost as good. They are the best two men.

*Austin Healy is my new favourite. His jive was fantastic tonight and I thought Erin looked more awkward than him. He definately set the bar for the rest of them.

*Tom was good too but he's not as good as Austin, no matter what the judges say.

*I don't mind John but I don't think it was fair that he did another ballroom and Gary had to do two latins. Maybe if Gary was given a chance at the ballroom he would seem better. I think John would be useless at the fast dances, such as the Jive or the Salsa.

*Don was a surprise. He was definately the best tango dancer of the night.

*Andrew wasn't too bad but still looks like an embarrassing dad at a wedding.

*Mark Foster - I really don't understand why he is so popular. To me he seems very average and hasn't really pulled off either of his two dancers.

That's just my thoughts. I think Andrew and John will be in the bottom two tonight though.

Random thoughts on tonight...

John Sergeant wasn't too good on the tango, he would have been better if he hadn't been smiling like a cuddly uncle all the way through! Don's expressionless face was very useful for the tango - he was better than I expected.

Gary Rhodes had improved, but he still wasn't great. And I just can't take to Mark Foster or Andrew Castle at all. I hope these two or Gary are in the dance-off. I think Andrew's partner, Ola, is wearing more and more skimpy costumes to get the male vote, as Andrew is so bad!

Austin Healy's jive was excellent, and Tom's was almost as good. They are the best two men.

I agree about gary but Andrew doing the head banging that put me off!:D

*I don't mind John but I don't think it was fair that he did another ballroom and Gary had to do two latins. Maybe if Gary was given a chance at the ballroom he would seem better. I think John would be useless at the fast dances, such as the Jive or the Salsa.

*Mark Foster - I really don't understand why he is so popular. To me he seems very average and hasn't really pulled off either of his two dancers.

Stephanie, I think the same. I think they should have to take it in turns and do alternate ballroom and latin. John is good at ballroom but I don't think he'll be able to do fast dances either.

Mark Foster - I totally agree!

I agree about gary but Andrew doing the head banging that put me off!:welcome2:

Oh yes, I forgot about that - it was awful! Why did Ola let that into the routine?

I love john... he just looks he's enjoying himself. Perhaps he was a little bit too happy looking for the tango, but I just think he's charming.

He looked so cute after he had danced, I almost thought he was going to cry.

Not sure who I want to go, but I want Austen and John to stay in the competition - as well as Gary (who I think can't dance) but only because I like Karen

So pleased Gary went. He was dreadful - so wooden. Plus it means that Karen's gone - hurrah!

Loving Tom and Austin. And John Sergeant of course! Andrew looked like a woodpecker last night doing that dreadful thing with his head! :welcome2:

I wasn't happy gary's out!

I would have liked to see him learn ballroom. I wanted the GMTV presenter to go.

So pleased Gary went. He was dreadful - so wooden. Plus it means that Karen's gone - hurrah!

What's wrong with Karen? She will probably be around on the Sunday show.

I'm pleased Gary went - it was the right decision for a change! I don't like Mark, but he had really acted on the judges' criticism and had improved his posture and tucked his bum in! He was much better second time round. Gary forgot most of the steps! :welcome2:

I don't mind Karen, but I don't like the new one, Hayley Holt. She seems a bit humourless and arrogant.

I'm pleased Gary went - it was the right decision for a change! I don't like Mark, but he had really acted on the judges' criticism and had improved his posture and tucked his bum in! He was much better second time round. Gary forgot most of the steps! :P

I don't mind Karen, but I don't like the new one, Hayley Holt. She seems a bit humourless and arrogant.

I don't mind Karen either, I liked her and Matthew in Diet on the Dancefloor.

I'm just loving Tom :17:

He is kinda hot! He reminds me a bit of Orlando Bloom

Me three! But I also love Austin so it's going to be interesting. I haven't warmed to a specific girl yet though. I think Rachel could be promising.

I want Lisa Snowden to win, but I'm not sure she will......Followed closely by Austen, then John

I thought Cherie and Rachel were easily the best tonight. The rest were pretty rubbish (but I'm not at all keen on the rumba). Lisa did her rumba much better in training, from what I've seen, so she was a bit disappointing.

The boys' dance was appalling! It seemed like a complete mess to me.

To be honest, I'm not so keen on the early weeks when the male and female celebs dance separately; I prefer it when they're competing together.

My thoughts on tonight:

*Cherie, I love her. It's great to see an older person doing well on this show. She has great personality and spirit and I hope she does well, predicting final 3-4 for her.

*Rachel is great. She did the best quickstep by far and I think she works brilliantly with Vincent. I predict she will be in the final, if not the winner.

*Jessie. Bless her but I don't think she will last much longer. She's always smiling and seems very bubblybut she's not in the same league as the others (the girls are exceptionally good this year).

*Jodie. I'm trying so hard to like her but something just doesn't gel. She doesn't deserve togo out yet, but I think she will struggle more than the other as the weeks go on.

*Lisa. My opinions on Lisa aren't very good because I hate Brendan. The judges were positive to him tonight and he was still miserable and unhappy with the comments. Lisa is , unfortunately, bulked in with him, so she will never be my favourite (in fact I hope they go soon, next week please just to get rid of Brendan).

*Christine - I think she will get better and better. She isn't bad but, as with Jodie, something just doesn't gel. I agree with Len that I hate the dancing on the stage. I just want them to get on with it.

*Heather - she's quite good but I don't think she will last very long. I think she's this years Gabby Logan (shock exit on week 6/7)

I agree that the boys dance was appalling, just a complete mish mash of different people able to do different things. But I predict that Jodie and Heather will be in the bottom 2 tonight (I think Jessie is going to get the sympathy vote)

To be honest, I'm not so keen on the early weeks when the male and female celebs dance separately; I prefer it when they're competing together.

Me too.

I also think Cherie and Rachel were best. The two of them plus Tom and Austin are the ones to watch. :17:

Although Jessie was awful, I did feel sorry for her as she was so upset.

Lisa. My opinions on Lisa aren't very good because I hate Brendan. The judges were positive to him tonight and he was still miserable and unhappy with the comments.

I hate Brendan too! He is like a sulky child. But it is his total arrogance that I really hate. I'm sure he believes that no-one is as good a dancer as he is (and he includes all the other professionals in that).

Although Jessie was awful' date=' I did feel sorry for her as she was so upset.[/quote']

I felt sorry for her when she cried too, but with the comments about the sympathy vote, the cynic in me is wondering if that's why she cried. Hmm.

Jessie is not a dancer, she is too heavy-footed and graceless. Neither is Jodie, she is rather clumsy. Cherie is extremely elegant, but I believe she has done ballet training in the past? That would explain her gracefulness.

The boys dance was rubbish!! Glad we don't have to see that any more. I'm pleased with last nights result, but I felt a bit sorry for her too. Should be interesting watching the boys go against the girls now