Do you keep your books?

Michelle

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already run out of room in the new bookcases I have. Before I buy more, I want to try to weed out a few I know I'll never read again. It'll be hard but I think I can do it :) The problem is, there's only one book on there that I want to get rid of at the moment, which isn't much help.

I'll have to go through and look at which books I won't likely get around to reading for a very long time (if ever)I've lost interest in a few over the years.

I keep 99.9% of my books. I have given away a few (one I knew I wouldn't read again and a couple I wasn't too sure on) but apart from that they stay. I know if I got rid of some books I would eventually decide to read it again :) then have to buy a new copy.

I do let my mum or sisters read my books as long as I've read them first and they don't leave the house and bookmarks are used :lol:.

However I do have a few plays and poetry books I needed for uni that I am pretty sure won't be read again but I haven't parted from them yet - although I could sell them and buy more books :lol:.

Unfortunately I don't have enough room to keep all my books so I usually either swap them or take them to the charity shop so others can enjoy them too :)

Snap. If I could keep them all I would but I just do not have the space so I try and get rid of a few either on RISI or BookMooch. I tried selling them but in the end it wasn't really worth it!

I keep the vast majority of the books I buy, although that makes for really heavy boxes whenever I have to move. :lol: Usually I only weed my library when it comes close to moving day, and then it's only the books that I know I'll absolutely, positively never want to read that I get rid of. I always try to sell them, though. Gotta finance my book habit somehow!

I will admit, though, that I often buy books and then prompty return them. I think I buy on impulse a lot, and only later do I realize that it would be a better idea to check the book out from the library. Anyone else do this? :)

I use to be very protective of my books until a friend of mine moved and to minimise the hassle of moving he got rid of most of his book collection. I never really understood this until I was moving and realised getting rid of books I might probably never read again was a good idea. Now as soon as I've read a book it either goes to the charity store or (depending on the condition) in the bin. It's not at all desirable, though for practical purposes, necessary.

Edited by Kell
Inserted ALL the capitals!