John Grisham

Kell

OK, I'm fast becoming a Grisham fan - I always avoided courtroom dramas as they always seemed a bit dry & dusty. I watched a few courtroom drama movies, but wasn't inspired to pick up the books.

Then recently, I read The Runaway Jury (yes, because I liked the film) & loved it. I've now started reading The Firm (thanks to Maureen - ta for that!) & I'm loving it so far.

I was just wondering what other Grishams anyone had read, or if there were any similar writers you guys might recommend...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read all of his books prior to "A Painted House", which other people told me is not so good. But as I said before, in my opinion, his best book by far was "A time to kill." If I am not mistaken that was made into a film as well. I have more of his books - need to do a for sale or swap list!

• 3 months later...

I've seen all the films made from his books and have loved everyone, but I have only ever read one book of his, can't remember which one at the moment, but it'll come to me. :wink:

I finally got 'A Time To Kill' from RISI as I absolutely adore the film and cannot wait to read that one :)

I have all of Mr Grishams books and I would say A Time To Kill is my favourite. Several of his books have become films and I would say this is also my favourite film from among them.

The Client is also a good read/film.

The only one I struggled to read was The Pelican Brief. I watched the film with no problems at all, just never could quite get into the book.

• 5 months later...

I have read all of Grisham's books and probably enjoyed "A Time To Kill" the most. However, I also enjoyed A Painted House, so what does that say about me. :)

I have seen John Grisham about a half dozen times as he lives near our little town. Grisham has done many good things for the town including building a "Little League Baseball Complex" for the kids that is one of the finest in the USA. He also helped start a legal aid thing for those that cannot afford attorneys.

very cool Muggle!

A Time To Kill was also my fave book of his...but like many other authors, he has gotten (dare I say it..) a bit stale....The Broker was just horrible...but he also has a new book coming out based on a true story called The Innocent Man. I don't think I'll be in a hurry to read it though.

I think Pelican Brief was my favorite. I read The Brethern a few years ago and was kind of disappointed. But in general I like his writing. It is nice to read a Southern writer that isn't depressing. :)

Perhaps I was one of the few, but I really enjoyed The Painted House. Grisham really hit a lot of things right on the head in that book. Very good reading for me. His background use of baseball was exactly how kids use to feel about the game many, many, years ago.

Darn, John Grisham was scheduled to give a talk today, at 4:30pm, at the UVA Law School on his new book, The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town, and I was planning on going to listen to him. We went grocery shopping and I forgot all about his talk.

It is his first non-fiction book. I would have liked to hear him talk about the case and the book.

Darn, John Grisham was scheduled to give a talk today, at 4:30pm, at the UVA Law School on his new book, The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town, and I was planning on going to listen to him. We went grocery shopping and I forgot all about his talk.

It is his first non-fiction book. I would have liked to hear him talk about the case and the book.

hope you got some chocolate to console yourself with :)

• 2 weeks later...

My sister is a huge fan of John Grisham. She has read all of them so far and is getting quite excited about his new one. I've just started reading THE CHAMBER - I'm about half way and it doesn't seem too bad so far. Not sure whether I like it enough to read all of them, but might give a few of his others a try at some point.

Talking about seeing John Grisham, my sister and I have got tickets for his talk at the Cheltenham Literary Festival. Hopefully it will be quite good. We've also got tickets to hear Terry Jones at the festival. :)