E11even Terrible Months - R.L. Royle

Michelle

In January 1998, a family of five moved into a flat on a small estate in Beeston, West Yorkshire. By November of the same year they had fled, with their lives and nerves in tatters. What happened to the Walkingtons during their time there to cause such a turn-around in what was once such a humorous, close family?

In their own words, three of the five members of the Walkington family detail their lives at the time, their separate and shared unexplainable experiences and the emotions, opinions and consequences thrown up from their eleven terrible months back in 1998.

Presented as a true account, written by three members of the family, this is a chilling book that will stay with you.

This isn't what you'd expect from a 'haunted house' book.. it doesn't set out to be shocking or gory, nor is it full of the usual clichés. It simply reads like a genuine, believable tale.

This were times when I wondered if the style was a little too 'dry' for a fiction book, reading like a report. However, I think it's particular style that makes it get to you. There were a few times I put the book down, wandered out to the bathroom, and found myself looking over my shoulder! It's creepy without you even realising it!

The characters are also great, you can certainly imagine this very normal family going through these experiences, and suffering for them.

The author says that alot of the book is based on her own experiences.. but it's up to you to decide what is, what isn't, and indeed what you believe.

As a bonus, the book is a limited edition hardback, and is gorgeous - it even has one of those little built in ribbon bookmarks, which I wish every book did!

If you're interested in haunted houses, ghosts, and the such, but get put off by 'over the top' horror books, you may just love this one! :D

Thanks for the review Michelle - the book sounds really great and very creepy. It puts me in mind of that pretend documentary that Sarah Green did years and years ago one Halloween where they visited a very ordinary house that was haunted. It creeped me out for ages afterwards.

Looks really great! I don't think it's available here in the U.S., though.:readingtwo:

Hi Echo and all in the U.S

Hope you are all well over the pond!

I am the author of Eleven Terrible Months and I just wanted to let you know that you can buy it via my website and I'll post it out for you all secure and fast! :readingtwo: The Book Club Forum has now got a special discounted postal rate for you guys too so it won't break the bank. My web-designer is setting it up on www.doghorn.com so you can pay via paypal and that should be ready within the next 48 hours. I sign all books and my agent over there (Michele Rubin of Writer's House, NY) is hoping to catch onto a deal soon, so my name may be known over there one day and these self-published limited editions will be worth hanging onto!

Thanks for all your posts and support,

R L Royle

x

Hi Echo and all in the U.S

Hope you are all well over the pond!

I am the author of Eleven Terrible Months and I just wanted to let you know that you can buy it via my website and I'll post it out for you all secure and fast! :readingtwo: The Book Club Forum has now got a special discounted postal rate for you guys too so it won't break the bank. My web-designer is setting it up on www.doghorn.com so you can pay via paypal and that should be ready within the next 48 hours. I sign all books and my agent over there (Michele Rubin of Writer's House, NY) is hoping to catch onto a deal soon, so my name may be known over there one day and these self-published limited editions will be worth hanging onto!

Thanks for all your posts and support,

R L Royle

x

Wow! Now I have to get a copy!!!

• 9 months later...
I've just ordered this book from the doghorn website. Will let you know when it arrives - can't wait to read it. I don't usually pay this much for a book but thought I would treat myself as I just found out today that I am pregnant :blush:

Sharon

Congratulations!!

I've ordered a copy as well, and am really looking forward to reading this one:)