• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

Special Christmas Giveaway!   12/01/2018

I am very, very excited to announce a special Christmas giveaway for supporting members! Thanks to https://www.secretbookclubuk.co.uk/ one supporting member will win a Secret Book Club Book Box on December 25th!      The winner will be able to choose between six great genres for their book box: Crime & Thriller Mind, Body & Soul Debut Novel or Self Published History Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy    See the 'Giveaways' thread for more details   

Hi!

As my college application time is approaching, I am looking for a great book to read that I could, later on, mention in my essay. :)

I am not religious myself but I am fascinated by different religions of the world and the cultural differences that are drawn by them. Especially in Islam and the Arabic world. The book should not be religious but more analytical- focus on the importance of respecting other beliefs and taking the best from their restrictions. That could even be a novel about a character who had lived for a time there and got some revelations. At best, it is quite popular but not so mainstream. 

Do you have any suggestions? 

Thank you in advance!

I'm listening to Mythos at the moment Royalberry.  It's very good, and Stephen Fry reading it is enjoyable to listen to.