Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kylie

Your Book Activity - June 2017

56 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

I just finished Eleanor Oliphant.  Eleanor herself was an interesting character, but overall I found the story too predictable, the minor characters too broad.  I didn't find the ending inspired.  Never mind.  3/5.  I hope you're still liking it, @chesilbeach :) 

I finished it this morning and feel pretty much the same - the predicability was disappointing as it started well.

Just finished Eowyn Ivey's To The Bright Edge of the WorldSuperb!  First 6-star (favourites list) read of the year.

9 hours ago, willoyd said:

Just finished Eowyn Ivey's To The Bright Edge of the WorldSuperb!  First 6-star (favourites list) read of the year.

That's good to hear! I'll be looking forward to your review. I've read The Snow Child by the same author and liked it.

I've been making allright progress in Greg Jenner - A Million Years in a Day. I'm not reading a fictional book at the moment, I have to pick a new one. I haven't decided yet if I want to try to finish off AMYiaD first (there are about 3.5 chapters left to read) or whether I want to start a fictional read alongside it again, and if so which one. I'm not yet sure what I've been in the mood for, and I've been busy doing other things.

34 minutes ago, Athena said:

That's good to hear! I'll be looking forward to your review. I've read The Snow Child by the same author and liked it.

I've been making allright progress in Greg Jenner - A Million Years in a Day. I'm not reading a fictional book at the moment, I have to pick a new one. I haven't decided yet if I want to try to finish off AMYiaD first (there are about 3.5 chapters left to read) or whether I want to start a fictional read alongside it again, and if so which one. I'm not yet sure what I've been in the mood for, and I've been busy doing other things.

He wrote a lot of the television show Horrible Histories. One of my all time favourite set of books and show of all time! May check this out.

I have read some brilliant books recently so hoping for plenty more :) 

I finished Don't Wake Up by Liz Lawler. It was pretty gosh darn terrible.

Now reading the second DCI Matilda Darke book by Michael Woods, since I enjoyed the first so much. A quarter of the way through the second, enjoying it just as much. Great writing. Little things like a description of Matilda's waking moments featuring 'a fitted sheet not living up to its name' make me giggle. I like the characters too.

I've been soooo busy recently that my reading has slowed down a little but I did finally finish Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (3.5/5) and have started Remembrance by Theresa Breslin, a little predictable so far but a nice easy read. :)