Athena

The Last Film You Saw - 2017

164 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, vodkafan said:

My kids love that film for some reason, I find it so boring and implausible! 

I don't mind implausible, it was just a bit of fun and thought the twist was good. We'll watch the sequel when it comes on TV . 

Idiocracy. Funny in parts (some hilarious quotes) but overall not really my kind of thing.

We watched Wolf Children. I quite enjoyed this anime film :).

35 minutes ago, More reading time required said:

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at the weekend - enjoyed it. :)

I'm hoping to see this at the weekend, just trying to persuade one of my kids to go with me! :D

Doctor Strange 

Much better than I was expecting. As the quote on the back of the Blu-ray box said 'leaves you wanting more.'

Hidden Figures

About the black women who worked at NASA on the space project in the 60s. They were largely unappreciated due to their gender and colour, despite being bloody geniuses and doing some absolutely stunning work - they were women ahead of their time, blazing a trail for the future generations. Brilliant film! <3

Rogue One 

Enjoyed it more this second time around. Still don't understand why they didn't make Vader the main villian, as it would have kept better continuity with Star Wars and significantly upped the tension, but hey-ho!

I watched Song to Song in the cinema, so I was able to follow the mood. I think I prefer the cinema to watch this type of slow, arthouse films, because I can't watch these movies at home in one sitting and there are other distractions. It's a good film; I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I felt satisfied in the end.

Moana which, I'm not going to lie, I absolutely loved.  It's the first proper Disney film (i.e. animation) that I've seen in years and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A few days ago we watched Death Becomes Her, an older film, with Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn and Bruce Willis. I hadn't seen it before. I enjoyed watching it.

3 hours ago, Athena said:

A few days ago we watched Death Becomes Her, an older film, with Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn and Bruce Willis. I hadn't seen it before. I enjoyed watching it.

I quite like that film. The first time I saw it I must have been about 7-8 and I ended up spending most of it hiding behind my mum. 

Then I saw it when I was a teenager and enjoyed it more.

18 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

I quite like that film. The first time I saw it I must have been about 7-8 and I ended up spending most of it hiding behind my mum. 

Then I saw it when I was a teenager and enjoyed it more.

Nice to hear someone else has seen it and liked it :).

I watched the 2011 version of Jane Eyre with Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender last night.  I really enjoyed it, and the bits of the books they'd cut out, I didn't miss at all.  I quite liked the start at the middle, go back to the beginning and then right through to the end style.