What's Up In March 2016?

Nollaig

I'm glad to hear they still make beanbags, Noll, I remember them well from the 70's! ;)  Whoever invented those things was brilliant!

Athena, I hope the work on the path is done soon.  It's easy to get stressed when the animals are stressed, isn't it?  At least I feel like that sometimes.  

Me and my roomie for the next 10 days, a Brittany spaniel named Chuckles, are getting on swimmingly.  He's only 2 and when he's not napping he's playing fetch or running around outside.  I hope the couple for whom I'm sitting will take a trip every year so I can come back and stay with him.  He's so much fun!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you enjoy your half day off :). You got that beanbag for a great price, I hope you enjoy it :). Haha well done beanbag :giggle2:.

The constructor people are working on the path at the moment. So far today we had some noisy moments, but most of it has been pretty quiet :). They're friendly people, even if it does cause me anxiety to have strangers around (and to have to watch the dogs). I look forward to when all the work is done.

Thanks! That construction doesn't sound fun. I'm exactly the same - a few times we've had people call to this house to look at broken heating and stuff and I get so stressed waiting for them to arrive and then while they're here. 

I'm glad to hear they still make beanbags, Noll, I remember them well from the 70's! ;)  Whoever invented those things was brilliant!

Me and my roomie for the next 10 days, a Brittany spaniel named Chuckles, are getting on swimmingly.  He's only 2 and when he's not napping he's playing fetch or running around outside.  I hope the couple for whom I'm sitting will take a trip every year so I can come back and stay with him.  He's so much fun!

Of course they still make beanbags! They might not be as big a thing now but everyone loves beanbags. ....Don't they?? :D

Awwww Chuckles, what an adoreable name! Sounds like a great way to spend a few days!

Athena, I hope the work on the path is done soon.  It's easy to get stressed when the animals are stressed, isn't it?  At least I feel like that sometimes.  

Thanks, Peacefield :). The work is over now! I usually get stressed if our animals are stressed, I know what you mean.

Awww :), so cute! Have a good weekend :D!

Thanks! That construction doesn't sound fun. I'm exactly the same - a few times we've had people call to this house to look at broken heating and stuff and I get so stressed waiting for them to arrive and then while they're here.

Good to know it's not just me :). I'm so glad it's over now! It does look nice :).

I hope you have a good weekend, Noll :).

Yesterday the noise was pretty bad, but gladly I avoided most of it by deciding to go on a dog walk just when it was getting terribly noisy. I also went to a library sale and borrowed books from the library, missing some more noise. I also started to organise my new book case. So it was a bookish day yesterday! I was pretty tired though unfortunately, hopefully with some days of rest I will feel a bit better. Later today my sister will be coming by, so I will spend some time with her.

*raises hand* We have a beanbag :)

I'm in darn mess with Amazon.  My Kindle is not working, so I am attempting to get the proper apps for my books and audio.  Well, the book part went fine.  But now they aren't sure if the audio will be Immersion or not :banghead:

I'm supposed to wait 3-4 hours for a callback, that was at 5:00am so.

Woo beanbag! Hope you get sorted with your audio/Kindle problem Anna :/

I, so, incredibly, do not want to be at work today. Normally I don't mind - I have the usual Monday morning objections but I get up and get on with it without too much bother. Nope. I'm the grumpiest grump ever to grump today about having to be at work. 

Least I have a five-day-weekend coming up :D

Nope. I'm the grumpiest grump ever to grump today about having to be at work. 

Least I have a five-day-weekend coming up :D

:giggle2:!

Five days, that's so nice :D. Here most people have 3 or 4 days. Any plans for Easter?

:giggle2:!

Five days, that's so nice :D. Here most people have 3 or 4 days. Any plans for Easter?

I have Good Friday and the bank holiday on Monday off, and I'm taking Thursday just to make it a five-day holiday. No plans so far, which is also making me a tad grumpy. I might just use it to relax and catch up on a lot of reading and Daredevil :)

Today was a really good day. I didn't have to go to school, so I could sleep as long as I wanted. :) Then I had so much freetime that I could read half the morning. In the afternoon I spend 2 hours in the church to practise for tomorrow's organ lesson. It was so freezing cold :( . Whatever, now I'll go back to my bed and continue reading. :D

Chuckles sounds adorable, Peacefield, glad you had fun during his holiday. 

Also looking forward to the long weekend, typically they've just said that the weather will get worse - windy and rainy - just in time for Easter.  So not much planned until I see what the weather's like.

Managed to get up to date with Sleepy Hollow over the weekend, daft but fun.

Well, Microsoft technical support killed my Surface. I'm fed up with both- Amazon and Microsoft. I think I'll go to Apple. Add to all that and I wake with an eye infection. Lovely.

I have Good Friday and the bank holiday on Monday off, and I'm taking Thursday just to make it a five-day holiday. No plans so far, which is also making me a tad grumpy. I might just use it to relax and catch up on a lot of reading and Daredevil :)

Ah :). I hope you have fun on your days off :)!

We're going to have two Easter lunches (on Sunday and Monday), and we're going to have a special dinner with my parents. It's just a question now if my brother and his girlfriend will join in or not. I hope so, I haven't seen them in a while. Soon, she will go to Costa Rica for a few months for her studies, and a little while later my brother will go on an 80-day around-the-world trip with STORM (as a test for when the 80 Day Race is really happening).

Today was a really good day. I didn't have to go to school, so I could sleep as long as I wanted. :) Then I had so much freetime that I could read half the morning. In the afternoon I spend 2 hours in the church to practise for tomorrow's organ lesson. It was so freezing cold :( . Whatever, now I'll go back to my bed and continue reading. :D

That sounds nice :)

Also looking forward to the long weekend, typically they've just said that the weather will get worse - windy and rainy - just in time for Easter.  So not much planned until I see what the weather's like.

Managed to get up to date with Sleepy Hollow over the weekend, daft but fun.

I hope you have a nice Easter :).

Well, Microsoft technical support killed my Surface. I'm fed up with both- Amazon and Microsoft. I think I'll go to Apple. Add to all that and I wake with an eye infection. Lovely.

I'm so sorry things are going bad for you with your Kindle and Surface :(. I hope your eyes feel better soon too. A big hug :friends0:.

Had a very, very long day at work yesterday and basically got home and went straight to bed.  Thanks goodness it's a bank holiday weekend, so I was able to have a lie-in this morning, although not too late as I had to get OH up for his annual baking of the Easter hot cross buns.  They take a while to make and need two proves, so they weren't ready until lunchtime, but they were absolutely delicious.  We'll be enjoying them for the rest of the weekend. :smile2:

I had been planning on making it a sewing weekend, but when it came down to it, it just felt like a reading kind of day today.  So that's what I've done and not got up to much else.  Looking forward to the rest of the holiday, although I do have to work another day so it won't be a full 4 day weekend for me, but three days ain't bad! :lol:

Hope everyone else is able to enjoy the long weekend.  :friends3: 

I hope you have a great weekend :).

Yesterday we went shopping and I bought some new clothes and DVDs and things. I had a lot of fun. Tomorrow my brother and his girlfriend will come by, we'll have a nice dinner together with them and with my parents. I also plan on baking some Easter buns. We'll have an Easter lunch on Sunday and Monday, with eggs from our own chicken (and the buns). Today I plan to mainly rest from yesterday (and do some food shopping), hopefully do some reading.

I hope everyone has a great weekend :)!

My mom overheard a child, almost crying, ask why the had to "be killed before they were dyed" :D

We have two Easter events going on-site today an egg hunt and "dye" eggs ( :P ) and then tomorrow morning the Easter bunny will have arrived. So fun. Being Santa Claus and the Easter bunny are some of the best parts of having a child :)

Happy Easter everyone! I stayed in Cork this year rather than going to my parents for personal reasons, so it doesn't really feel like Easter. I forgot all the shops would be closed today, so I had no food in this morning. Trekked into town in the rain to get some food and managed to grab myself a couple of Easter eggs too so what harm!

Sitting in bed now (I know, I'm terrible) watching Season 2 of Daredevil. That, and reading, is going to be my Easter.

Hope you're all having a delicious day! :D

Happy Easter to everyone from me as well! :D  I had brunch with my mom earlier today and we decided to uncover the outdoor furniture and grill.  I'm sure it'll probably snow one or two more times but we just can't wait any longer.  I also bought a lovely outdoor rug and a wicker table.  Now all we need are flowers!

I have one more day of house-sitting with this sweet boy Chuckles.  I've had a lovely time and will miss him. Hopefully the couple I'm house-sitting for will take another vacation again soon :D.

Sounds like a great weekend, peacefield. :)  I miss not having a dog to look after occasionally - we used to look after my OH's brother's dog and she was brilliant.  Miss not having her to stay a lot.

I'm so glad it's a bank holiday today and I was a poorly on Saturday night and didn't sleep at all but gradually felt better during the day and had an early night last night, but still needed a lie-in to get over it.  Just having a lazy reading day today, and don't plan on doing anything at all.

It's nice some of us are having some lazy days :). I'm glad most of you are having a great weekend.

I had a great time yesterday, it was nice to see my brother and his girlfriend again and we had a lovely dinner with the six of us. Today I'm mainly resting and relaxing, I'm reading quite a bit and I'm wearing comfy clothes (is it just me who wears comfy clothes during lazy hours or lazy days sometimes?). Yesterday I wasn't feeling so great and it looked like I was getting ill. Gladly I am feeling much better today, so I really hope it'll "blow over" instead. Fingers crossed.