Y u not read dis post?

bookbug3

Hey, everyone! If you can't tell from the title of this thread, I love memes. If we become good friends, expect to receive memes in place of words sometimes. I would post a meme right now but I'm not really sure how to! I've never really been on a forum before. I decided to look for one to join because my group on Goodreads became inactive and I wanted to find a group of people who loved to read just as much as I do.

Other than memes and reading, my passions include:

Star Wars

Game of Thrones (The North remembers)

Writing

Waffles 

Also, I'm 20 years old and currently live in the USA. Although, I have thought about moving because I dream of traveling. I aspire to be a book publisher, but right now I am just a student. My major is English while my minor is Folklore. 

I look forward to meeting you all  :smile:

Hey BookBug,

Welcome here :). I believe you can't post or attach pictures until you've made a few more posts. Sorry, you'll have to make a few posts first before you can do that.

What kind of books do you like to read? Aside from the A Song of Ice and Fire series :P (now often called Game of Thrones because of the TV show).

Hey BookBug,

Welcome here :). I believe you can't post or attach pictures until you've made a few more posts. Sorry, you'll have to make a few posts first before you can do that.

What kind of books do you like to read? Aside from the A Song of Ice and Fire series :P (now often called Game of Thrones because of the TV show).

Oh, gosh. I basically like any books I can get my hands on. However, I'm not particularly fond of mysteries. The only mysteries I like to solve are in the game Clue.  :P Thanks for letting me know about the pictures. I was starting to think I had a problem with technology! So have you read Martin's books/watched the Game of Thrones TV show?

Hi Bookbug. :welcome2:

Hey, chesilbeach  :smile: Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the forum, bookbug3. Why did you choose Folklore as a minor?

Thank you! I chose Folklore as my minor because as I was making my schedule last year as a freshman for the first time, most of the classes I wanted to take were closed. So to fulfill some of my requirements, I took a Folklore class called Urban Legends instead. It was the best class I took that semester and inspired me to take a Supernatural class the next semester. Once I realized how much I loved the classes, I decided to minor in it!

Hello bookbug. What you term a meme should more properly be called a teme.    (See link)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme

You like to write ? What sort of stuff?

Ohhh, thanks for the clarification! Sorry for the wrong usage  :P I've seen a lot of people use meme! 

Believe it or not, I really like writing essays. Essays are the highlight of my semester - I love proving abstract ideas to readers. Do you write?

Welcome, BookBug! 

I saw yesterday that George R. R. Martin missed his deadline for the newest GoT book and now it won't come out until after season 6 of the show premiers! Gives me a little more time to get caught up, but other fans don't seem to be all that happy. 

Welcome, BookBug! 

I saw yesterday that George R. R. Martin missed his deadline for the newest GoT book and now it won't come out until after season 6 of the show premiers! Gives me a little more time to get caught up, but other fans don't seem to be all that happy. 

I heard about that. I'm a little sad that the newest book won't be coming out before season 6...I was hoping to read it before the show started! Oh, well. Now we'll all be surprised when plot twists occur in the new season, right? Which GoT book is your favorite so far? I really like A Storm of Swords!

Hi bookbug and welcome to the forum, I also love Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, although I found both book 5 and series 5 a bit disappointing, not surprised at the delay on book 6, but we'll all be shocked/surprised/dismayed together now!

My favourite book in GoT is also Storm of Swords.

Hi bookbug and welcome to the forum, I also love Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, although I found both book 5 and series 5 a bit disappointing, not surprised at the delay on book 6, but we'll all be shocked/surprised/dismayed together now!

My favourite book in GoT is also Storm of Swords.

I'm so excited that a number of you all enjoy the same things I do  :smile: I'm really glad I joined this forum! I wasn't too fond of book 5 or series 5 either. It was a struggle to get through book 5, but my curiosity in regard to the characters pulled me back in. We'll have to talk about the new season when it comes out in April!

Oh, gosh. I basically like any books I can get my hands on. However, I'm not particularly fond of mysteries. The only mysteries I like to solve are in the game Clue.  :P Thanks for letting me know about the pictures. I was starting to think I had a problem with technology! So have you read Martin's books/watched the Game of Thrones TV show?

Yes, I have! I read all 5 books and I watched most of the seasons. I've watched upto episode 3 or 4 in season 5. Then the TV / recording thingy decided to act stupid and so we couldn't see it anymore and it wasn't fixed until they stopped airing it. I will probably buy the Blu-ray though when it's out and watch it that way. I don't know, I'm less bothered about it now but my boyfriend wants to.

I heard about that. I'm a little sad that the newest book won't be coming out before season 6...I was hoping to read it before the show started! Oh, well. Now we'll all be surprised when plot twists occur in the new season, right? Which GoT book is your favorite so far? I really like A Storm of Swords!

My favourite one is A Storm of Swords too! I thought the fifth book was less good that the first four books.

It's a shame book 6 won't be out until after season 6 airs. I did think that would happen, though. I think it might take a while before we see book 6 :( (and I wait for the paperback release because I prefer that, so it'll be a while after that before I can read it). Even though I liked book 5 less, I still want to read book 6 though I don't feel as excited about it as I was when I was reading the earlier books.

I agree, Athena. The fifth book was kind of a let down for me, but that's okay. Doesn't diminish my excitement for the 6th one.  :smile: I think you'll really like the 5th season! I love watching the TV show - I have all the seasons on DVD so far and I watch them all the time. You won't be disappointed!

Yeah, I figured it would be awhile for the 6th book to come out. My brother showed me an interview George R.R. Martin participated in and he explained how he can only write in his own house when he feels like it. He doesn't like writing while traveling, which I think makes sense!