The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen. Boring slow superficial simplistic garbage. All the characters were ciphers with no depth. Not in any way funny at all. The two romantic leads completely mismatched with no chemistry. Did I mention it was boring?

Shame, I really enjoyed the book.  I think I read somewhere that they changed the ending, but I may have that wrong.  It's one of those films I keep meaning to watch and never got round to.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The World's End

Having a lead character who has no redeeming characteristics was a bold choice, and sadly one that failed.  This is no Shaun of the Dead, or even Hot Fuzz.

Definitely not the best Pegg/Frost offering, but I enjoyed it enough to have watched it a couple of times. The ending is a little odd though.

I did like the ending a lot, Kylie, it was very fitting, I felt :D

Yes indeed!

Definitely not the best Pegg/Frost offering, but I enjoyed it enough to have watched it a couple of times. The ending is a little odd though.

The aliens were just zombies with blue blood, and what was the point of that robot?!  Bit of a mess of a film all round.  Paul was better (even though that had a weak ending as well).

I went to see 'Still Alice' today....excellent film....it made me feel the same way as I did after I read the book....Julianne Moore is well worthy of her Oscar for her role as Alice. It still answers a lot of questions that we went through with dad and his dementia....definitely makes you think and appreciate live for the moment and appreciate and love those that are nearest and dearest to you... you never know what lies ahead :blush2:

'71 - A  movie about a young British soldier who is sent to Belfast are the street violence is starting to ramp up. It's a bit of a shock to the system for him and his fellow soldiers and this is made worse when he get separated from his patrol. He must try to make it back to his base in one piece.

I didn't have high expectations for this movie but I really enjoyed it, and it seems to be an amalgamation of things rather than being based on one true story.

Edited by Brian.

The World's End

Having a lead character who has no redeeming characteristics was a bold choice, and sadly one that failed.  This is no Shaun of the Dead, or even Hot Fuzz.

I liked this film personally, but I liked Hot Fuzz more. I've only seen Shaun of the Dead once, many years ago. If I see the DVD for sale cheap somewhere, I'll get it because I'd like to see it again.

I went to see 'Still Alice' today....excellent film....it made me feel the same way as I did after I read the book....Julianne Moore is well worthy of her Oscar for her role as Alice. It still answers a lot of questions that we went through with dad and his dementia....definitely makes you think and appreciate live for the moment and appreciate and love those that are nearest and dearest to you... you never know what lies ahead :blush2:

I'm glad you liked this film :).

Tonight I watched The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies

What did you think of it? I haven't seen it yet, though I hope to see it eventually.

Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory) in the Pixar film Home.  Loved it!

I'm so glad you enjoyed this! I hope to see it myself some time, because I love Jim Parsons and Pixar.

Yesterday we re-watched Contact. I hadn't seen this film in a long time and the last time (and only time) I watched it, it was a bad TV recording (cutting off the sides of the widescreen). I really enjoyed seeing this film again. My boyfriend has it on DVD and he told me it's one of his favourite science-fiction films. I never knew that. I really liked the film. It was pretty different from most science-fiction films, there isn't that much violence in it and I quite liked that to be honest (it makes for a nice change).

^That either means it was very good or very bad.

Whoa- I would probably stop watching right about then as well.

I was being ambiguous about Insurgent... what if I spoil it for some people?  :o

Here:

I had to Wiki the book, just to remind myself of all of the changes and what was rewrote. It was just hard for me to separate the book from the movie, that's all. But my mom, who hasn't read a single word of any of them, loved it and liked Divergent as well. I would say, I liked it... AS A MOVIE not as a book adaptation 0/5 with that.  As a movie?  4/5, if you know what is going on.  My mom seemed to have no problems, except whispering loudly- Does he die?  He doesn't die does he?  :P 

I haven't seen Interstellar but I've heard it's good. Hasn't reeled in my attention yet though.

I don't think that spoiler would put me off watching John Wick, but it is pretty harsh. I haven't seen the film yet.

The World's End

Yeah I agree, it was very forgettable.

Watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It was OK, very predictable but enjoyable, a few good scenes and a few things that made no sense.

We went to see Home again, with the rest of my family this time.  Its a great movie and I just love Jim Parsons as Oh.  This time, we didn't see it in 3D though, and it was still beautiful.  Vibrant colors, a dimensional plot and good pacing... it's only an hour and 1/2, so you don't feel like you've been watching it forever.

Edited by Anna Begins

The American President

Basically, Aaron Sorkin's warm-up act for The West Wing, and an interesting film to watch because of that.

I love that film. I'm a sentimental romantic at heart, and it's just so charming. I've never managed to get into The West Wing … I watched the first episode of the first series, but it didn't really grab me. I have watched Sorkin's The Newsroom (although not the last series, we've got them saved to watch at some point) and thought that was good, except that some of the female characters were poorly written at times.

^ I'd suggest you give The West Wing another go. 

The first episode was written as a pilot for a series that was going to be centred on Rob Lowe's character, but then Martin Sheen stole show and they moved the focus onto his character and it became more of an ensemble piece. It really is worth the effort.