What's Up in January? - 2015

Athena

I woke up achy today (well everyday for a few months now) and have decided to take it easy after I get some chores done. The little ones have already been fed and bathed and the laundry is just about done. I'll take it easy, or as easy as one can take it with five littles roaming around, on the prowl and rooting around ALWAYS for food!

Today is the day that I get some reading done!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I woke up achy today (well everyday for a few months now) and have decided to take it easy after I get some chores done. The little ones have already been fed and bathed and the laundry is just about done. I'll take it easy, or as easy as one can take it with five littles roaming around, on the prowl and rooting around ALWAYS for food!

Hope you feel better ASAP! Btw, I love your avvie :D 

Well, I started Spring Semester at College yesterday. 

The Algebra class is pretty hard- the Professor is a tough, tiny, 100 pound Hawaiian woman who is an Algebraic Topologist.  Which basically means she can prove the universe can be duplicated by turning it inside out and around?  I don't know, but she is beyond smart.  And very motivated, with lots of energy and requires it of her class, throughout a 2 hour lecture.  I took 8 pages of notes yesterday.  That was day ONE of her class.  I hate math and I know how unhealthy it is to go to class with that attitude!  And of course, no calculators.

My second class is English, with my Professor from the previous semester.  I love him and he is great.  He is very laid back though, so I have a Yin yang going on  :P Our first essay will be due in 2 weeks (4 classes) and we will work extensively on a 2 page paper on our pick from a list of topics such as: High School funding for school sports, teacher salaries, UFO's, a  local coffee shop.  I might pick Ghosts or the status of Hip Hop (music).  I swear! (any ideas?? :smile: )

I have both of these classes only Tuesdays and Thursdays, but they are looong classes!  I practically go all day with just these two and their labs!  :thud:

I hope you feel better soon! 

Well, I started Spring Semester at College yesterday. 

The Algebra class is pretty hard- the Professor is a tough, tiny, 100 pound Hawaiian woman who is an Algebraic Topologist.  Which basically means she can prove the universe can be duplicated by turning it inside out and around?  I don't know, but she is beyond smart.  And very motivated, with lots of energy and requires it of her class, throughout a 2 hour lecture.  I took 8 pages of notes yesterday.  That was day ONE of her class.  I hate math and I know how unhealthy it is to go to class with that attitude!  And of course, no calculators.

My second class is English, with my Professor from the previous semester.  I love him and he is great.  He is very laid back though, so I have a Yin yang going on  :P Our first essay will be due in 2 weeks (4 classes) and we will work extensively on a 2 page paper on our pick from a list of topics such as: High School funding for school sports, teacher salaries, UFO's, a  local coffee shop.  I might pick Ghosts or the status of Hip Hop (music).  I swear! (any ideas?? :smile: )

I have both of these classes only Tuesdays and Thursdays, but they are looong classes!  I practically go all day with just these two and their labs!  :thud:

Good luck with both classes! Studying can be tough indeed :(.

Having attempted algebra a few times in life I don't envy you. I always found that if I was allowed to operate at my own pace I could manage it but keeping up with the pace set in classes was beyond me.

And this teacher, wants to teach everyone how to do math her way.  She has all these catch phrases like instead of "Let's make the problem harder"  She says "Let's make it cuter!!"  :o  :rolleyes:

I've decided to write my first English paper on UFO's, of all things.  I'm going to focus on how literature has contributed to our views and beliefs of UFO's and aliens.  Specifically, War of the Worlds being published so long ago, in 1898 (I did not know it was that early until just now :o ).

Had to take our daughter to the eye doctor today. Her husband took her to the emergency room last night because she was having trouble seeing. They called in an optometrist. She said DD had ulcers on her retina. She can only see white out of that eye. She might lose her sight in her right eye. I'm heartbroken for her. I took the kids for their visitation and had to pick them up because her head is splitting from the pain. She can't bare light or noise. Things just keep getting worse but we won't be broken!

I've decided to write my first English paper on UFO's, of all things.  I'm going to focus on how literature has contributed to our views and beliefs of UFO's and aliens.  Specifically, War of the Worlds being published so long ago, in 1898 (I did not know it was that early until just now :o ).

Good luck with your paper :)! I didn't know it was published that long ago, before you told me. 

Had to take our daughter to the eye doctor today. Her husband took her to the emergency room last night because she was having trouble seeing. They called in an optometrist. She said DD had ulcers on her retina. She can only see white out of that eye. She might lose her sight in her right eye. I'm heartbroken for her. I took the kids for their visitation and had to pick them up because her head is splitting from the pain. She can't bare light or noise. Things just keep getting worse but we won't be broken!

I hope things will be okay with your daughter :( it sounds terrible!

Determined to have a find some reading time today, but have petrol to get, shopping to buy, people to visit, etc., so I'm off shortly to try and get organised to see if I can do it all this morning, and then have after lunch free. :)

I hope you have some fun reading today :), after you get everything else done!

The sewer / plumbing people were here yesterday and it's all fixed now! Yesterday was a bit stressful because of that, I couldn't be in the bakery. But I'm glad it's all fixed now.

I haven't been feeling well since Thursday. I think I might be coming down with something. My dad's been ill for a week now, and it would explain why I've been feeling so tired (mentally and physically), why my muscles ache, why I feel so weak and shaky, why my voice keeps going and sounds croaky, why my throat is phlemy.. well you get the point :P. It's been making me feel depressed because I couldn't explain my tiredness and felt awful, but my mum suggested this morning it might be the virus, affecting me differently. If that's the case I hope I recover soon.

Gaia, it certainly sounds like a virus. Hope you feel better soon.

My grandmother was buried this morning, and I visited my great grandfather's grave while I was over there. Hadn't been to see his grave in years. In the last three days I've said over 70 hail marys (5 decades of the rosary on Thursday, another decade yesterday and another today. I never want to hear another hail mary) and shaken 300+ hands (there isn't enough antibacterial gel in the world). Honestly, it was so dragged out, it was draining and depressing and I'm glad it's done now.

The rest of the day is probably going to be spent reading, writing up a review and watching tv before I head back to Cork tomorrow.

Honestly, it was so dragged out, it was draining and depressing and I'm glad it's done now.

The rest of the day is probably going to be spent reading, writing up a review and watching tv before I head back to Cork tomorrow.

I really feel for you, I am so sorry about the passing, but also that you had to endure all that :friends0:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, if possible.

:(  This has been a pretty awful month, so far.  Not me.....I mean Virginia, Gaia, Noll.....

I hope everyone and their kin are much better, very soon.  Virginia, that's just awful about your daughter's eyes.  So young.  :( 

Hugs to all. :empathy:  :empathy:

I'm so sorry, Virginia :( My heart breaks for her. I hope somehow things work out for her and she doesn't lose her sight at all.  :friends3:

Good luck with your paper :)! I didn't know it was published that long ago, before you told me. 

I hope things will be okay with your daughter :( it sounds terrible!

I hope you have some fun reading today :), after you get everything else done!

The sewer / plumbing people were here yesterday and it's all fixed now! Yesterday was a bit stressful because of that, I couldn't be in the bakery. But I'm glad it's all fixed now.

I haven't been feeling well since Thursday. I think I might be coming down with something. My dad's been ill for a week now, and it would explain why I've been feeling so tired (mentally and physically), why my muscles ache, why I feel so weak and shaky, why my voice keeps going and sounds croaky, why my throat is phlemy.. well you get the point :P. It's been making me feel depressed because I couldn't explain my tiredness and felt awful, but my mum suggested this morning it might be the virus, affecting me differently. If that's the case I hope I recover soon.

Hope you feel better asap! Tis the season for awful colds and such. :( I hope you can get to the doctor and find out what's wrong.  :flowers2:

My grandmother was buried this morning, and I visited my great grandfather's grave while I was over there. Hadn't been to see his grave in years. In the last three days I've said over 70 hail marys (5 decades of the rosary on Thursday, another decade yesterday and another today. I never want to hear another hail mary) and shaken 300+ hands (there isn't enough antibacterial gel in the world). Honestly, it was so dragged out, it was draining and depressing and I'm glad it's done now.

:empathy:  So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got time with family and the dogs. Have a good, safe trip back tomorrow. 

We had an icky mini ice storm this morning so I'm just focusing on cleaning today. Nothing too fancy or special, but I got a fresh jug of bleach and Imma put it to good use. There are lots of things to clean when you have a cat and a tiny apartment.  *is boring*

Note: I had to remove some emoticons.

Thanks, Noll! I'm convinced it's a virus now as I'm feeling quite ill this morning.

I'm glad the funeral is over.. that does sound rather depressing! I hope you can relax a bit and have a safe journey back :)

:(  This has been a pretty awful month, so far.  Not me.....I mean Virginia, Gaia, Noll.....

I hope everyone and their kin are much better, very soon.  Virginia, that's just awful about your daughter's eyes.  So young. 

Hugs to all.

Thanks, Kate :friends0: (gladly, I'm not contagious over the internet :) ).

Hope you feel better asap! Tis the season for awful colds and such. I hope you can get to the doctor and find out what's wrong. 

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got time with family and the dogs. Have a good, safe trip back tomorrow. 

We had an icky mini ice storm this morning so I'm just focusing on cleaning today. Nothing too fancy or special, but I got a fresh jug of bleach and Imma put it to good use. There are lots of things to clean when you have a cat and a tiny apartment.  *is boring*

Thanks, Abielle :). I don't normally go to the doctor for colds and flues unless I'm not getting better in a few days. If it's a normal virus the doctor won't be able to do much anyway, just have to rest and wait it out (and drink enough fluids, have enough vitamin C etc).

Ouch on the ice storm. I hope the cleaning went well :).