Athena

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Christmas gifts :grinhat: :

Ann M. Martin - The Babysitters Club 83: Stacey vs. the BSC

Ann M. Martin - The Babysitters Club 84: Dawn and the School Spirit War

I used to love those books! I read so many of them but it seems like they never ran out! I felt so attached to those characters. Ah, it brings me back :D

I'm amazed by how many books you manage to read in a year, Athena! I feel like I read very fast, but I couldn't read as many as you if I tried. I don't think I'd ever get enough time in the day! It's quite an accomplishment :)

Also, I've borrowed some of your categories in your statistics post for mine this year, so thank you for that. I'm brand-new so I'm trying to develop a system of my own. I love how involved your blog/list is :)

I added some x's because the spacing was off for some reason

x

:guess:   :friends0:

x

:friends0: 

x

I used to love those books! I read so many of them but it seems like they never ran out! I felt so attached to those characters. Ah, it brings me back :D

Me too, they are so nice! I've never read these later ones before. I'm from the Netherlands, and nothing was translated after #66. So I'm very excited to read these new-to-me stories. I'm currently re-reading the series. I own a few of the earlier ones in English, so where I own the English I read the English book for the first time, otherwise I read the Dutch book.

x

I'm amazed by how many books you manage to read in a year, Athena! I feel like I read very fast, but I couldn't read as many as you if I tried. I don't think I'd ever get enough time in the day! It's quite an accomplishment :)

Also, I've borrowed some of your categories in your statistics post for mine this year, so thank you for that. I'm brand-new so I'm trying to develop a system of my own. I love how involved your blog/list is :)

x

Thank you :)!

x

I wish you lots of fun with your own blog, I'll be sure to visit it in the new year :). I borrowed your 'shortest and longest book categories' so I think we're even :), I don't mind you borrowing at all. Thank you for your compliment :)!

I received a pre-order:

Susan Hatler - Kissed by the Bay 2: The Perfect Kiss

I was always particularly fond of this one. :) My schools were so boring compared to American schools!

I'm glad to hear that (the former, not that your school was boring :P). I have no idea what a school spirit war is, but I look forward to finding out :)! There are quite a few differences between American and Dutch schools too, I find it interesting to learn about things like this.

I went to the charity shop and the library :exc:. I made my first reservation a few days ago and so was very happy to find out the book was there when I got there (the 6th Ranger's Apprentice book, the only one left to read).

Terre des Hommes (a deal of 2 voor 1 €, so naturally I bought 6 :D):

Orson Scott Card - The Ender Quintet 3: Spreker voor de Doden (Speaker for the Dead)

Orson Scott Card - Zangersmeester (Songmaster)

Jack Vance - Durdane 1-3: Durdane (De Anome, De Roguskhoi, De Asutra) (Durdane 1-3 Omnibus: The Anome aka The Faceless Man, The Brave Free Men, The Asutra)

Wim Gijsen - Deirdre 1-3: Deirdre (Keerkringen, Bidahinne, Lure)

Dave Duncan - De Kronieken van Het Geschonden Protocol 2: Het Stille Slagveld (A Handful of Men 3: The Stricken Field)

David Zindell - A Requiem for Homo Sapiens 0: Nimmermeer (Neverness)

TdHSpines_0.25.jpg

TdHCovers_0.25.jpg

Library Loans:

John Flanagan - De Grijze Jager 6: Het Beleg van Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice 6: The Siege of Macindaw)

Sally Gardner - Maggot Moon

Natasha Farrant - The Diaries of Bluebell Gadsby 1: After Iris

Roderick Leeuwenhart - Pindakaas en Sushi 1: Pindakaas en Sushi

Anthony Horowitz - The Kracht van Vijf 1: Raven's Gate (The Power of Five 1: Raven's Gate)

Anthony Horowitz - The Kracht van Vijf 2: Evil Star (The Power of Five 1: Evil Star)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 61: Wielrennen is Écht Mijn Sport (La Corsa Piú Pazza d'America!)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 66: Het Leven Lijkt een Rodeo (La Vita è un Rodeo)

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 4: Fantasia IV: Het Drakenei (Viaggio nel Regno della Fantasia 4: Quarto viaggio nel Regno della Fantasia)

Geronimo Stilton - Ridders van Fantasia 1: Het Dromenlabyrint (Il Labirinto dei Sogni)

Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 18: Liefde aan het Hof van de Tsaar (Amore alla Corte degli Zar)

Bat Pat 13: Skelet in het Bos (Picnic con Mister Ossobuco)

Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 6: Cabin Fever

Rachel Renée Russell - Dork Diaries 8: Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After

Andy Griffiths (ill. Terry Denton) - The 13-Story Treehouse 1: The 13-Story Treehouse

Liz Pichon - Tom Groot 7: Is dat even Mazzel (of niet?) (A Tiny Bit Lucky)

Dr. Seuss - The Sneetches and Other Stories

LibraryLoansSpines_0.25.jpg

DSC04128_LibraryLoansCovers1.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers2_0.25.jpg

DSC04141_LibraryLoansCovers3.jpg

Woohoo for finishing The Age of Five!  And I'm so glad you found the Ranger's Apprentice book!

Thanks :)! Sorry my 'review' wasn't longer, I was feeling quite tired by that time. I did enjoy the book a lot though, my only complaint was that it was a little bit slow at times.

I'm so very happy about that too! I was so sick of waiting, that when I did a search for the book a few days before I was going to the library, I saw it was available (in Dutch) so I reserved it. I wasn't sure if they would have it ready for me or not (I've never made a reservation before), and it was (since it was Christmas I wasn't sure if they'd have it ready)! I was so happy about it. I look forward to reading it in January :D.

I read:

Susan Hatler - Kissed by the Bay 2: The Perfect Kiss (****) (8/10)

Which was enjoyable but I didn't like it as much as the first book in the series. It was still an enjoyable read though, I do quite like this author's work.

26483363.jpg

Summary and Reflection of my Reading in 2015 (Q1-Q4)

2015 is over! In a way it's gone by fast. I realised later in the year that some of my goals made me feel pressured so I didn't want to do them anymore. I did read a lot this year, and it's been very interesting to me keeping statistics of what I've read. Seeing as I decided to ditch my goals in September, I only accomplished a couple more of them (but to be honest, I find the statistics part and last part of this post more interesting :giggle2:).

A Reflection on my Goals

Here are the goals I set myself, along with some commentary:

- I plan to read at least the books I preordered that will be released in 2015 (new paperback releases), except those that are part of a series where I haven't yet read the book(s) before it (because I'll want to read those first). There should be about 5-10 of them. // By now I don't really remember which books these were, and I can't be bothered to look it up :lol:. I read some of them and not others.

- I plan to read more Jodi Picoult books, at least one // I read 6 books by Jodi Picoult, so goal accomplished!

- I plan to read more Diane Chamberlain books, at least one // I read 2 books by Diane Chamberlain, so this goal is accomplished.

- I plan to read more Catherine Ryan Hyde books, at least one // I've read 4 Catherine Ryan Hyde books, goal accomplished!

- I plan to read at least one Terry Pratchett book // I tried to read one book by him, but I abandoned it as I couldn't get through it unfortunately.

- I plan to read The Age of the Five trilogy by Trudi Canavan // I read book 1 of this trilogy.

- I plan to start and hopefully finish the Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time graphic novel series by Robert Jordan, Chuck Dixon and Chase Conley // I read all of these, goal accomplished!

- I plan to read at least one Brandon Sanderson book //I read 14 books by Brandon Sanderson!

- I plan to read at least two Sophie Kinsella / Madeleine Wickham books // I have read 2 books by her, goal accomplished!

- I plan to read at least one Sinéad Moriarty book // I didn't read any this year.

- I plan to read at least one Penny Vincenzi book // I have read 1 book by this author this year.

- I plan to read the Void trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton // I have read all 3 books in this trilogy, so goal completed.

- I plan to start reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon // I didn't read this.

- I plan to read at least one book by Karen Miller / Karen E. Mills // I didn't read any this year.

- I plan to read at least one book by Maria V. Snyder // I didn't read any this year.

- I plan to read at least one book by John Green // I read 2 books by John Green, goal accomplished!

- I plan to read Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell // I didn't read this. I did read Carry On by the same author.

- I plan to read at least one book by A. S. King // I didn't read any.

- I plan to read The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare // I didn't read this trilogy.

- I plan to read The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare // I didn't read this series.

- I plan to read at least one book by Anne McCaffrey // I didn't read any this year.

- I plan to read at least one book by Ken Follett // I read 2 books by Ken Follett this year, goal accomplished.

- I want to re-read David B. Coe's Chronicles of Lontobyn trilogy // I re-read the first book in the trilogy.

- I want to re-read James Clemens' The Banned and the Banished series // I didn't read this series this year.

- I want to re-read at least one book by Thea Beckman // I didn't read any this year.

- I want to read at least one horror book, perhaps in October // I have read 33 books with a horror theme, so goal definitely accomplished!

- I want to read at least one wintery and / or Christmassy themed book in November or December //I've read 29 Christmas and Wintery themed books so far. The goal is definitely accomplished!

- I want to start The No 1. Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith //I didn't start this.

- I plan to read at least one book by Haruki Murakami // I read one short story.

- I want to read at least 12 books by Ann M. Martin // I read 23 books by Ann M. Martin, so this goal is definitely accomplished!

- I want to read at least 12 books by A. C. Baantjer and / or Simon de Waal // I have read 11 so far, so this is pretty good. I'm calling it almost accomplished.

- I want to keep reading short books for the read-a-thon from multiple genres and for multiple age ranges (ie. the BSC books and the books by Baantjer) // I participated in 12 read-a-thons, and definitely stuck to this goal.

- I want to read more books by Geronimo Stilton, Thea Stilton and other books written by the same team of authors // I've read 77 books, so goal accomplished.

- I want to read more books by Francine Oomen, specifically the Hoe Overleef Ik... series // I've read 17 books by the author so far and I have finished off this series, so this is completed! I also read a few books not part of the series.

- I want to read more books on ADD and / or autism or related things // I've read 11 books, so goal accomplished.

- I want to start and finish some series of which I own all the books // I started quite a few series, and finished some of them. I also finished some series I had already started in an earlier year, and some series are ongoing (I continued reading the series in 2015 but I didn't start nor finish it).

- I want to try some new authors (some of which I've mentioned above) // I did try some new authors, but most of my reads were by familiar authors. Still, I did try 94 new authors.

- I want to read some of my Kindle Singles // I wasn't quite sure what constituted as a Kindle Single in the end. I did read some, that I know, but I stopped counting them, so I'm calling this goal accomplished.

- I want to read some spring / Valentine's themed books //I have read 5 books with this theme, so that's allright.

- I want to read some summery and holiday themed books //I have read 30 books with this theme, so that's quite good.

- I want to read books by John Flanagan // I have read 15 books by this author, so that's very well done. I really want to read the last book in the Ranger's Apprentice series though, and book 5 in the Brotherband series, but I haven't found them at the library yet. After waiting for almost a year! Time to reserve them. The goal is accomplished though, so I'm giving it a green colour.

I also had some other goals that are related to books, I will look at those now.

- I want to spend less money (on books and other things)

I need to spend less money on books (and other things). I plan to buy less books and order less of them online. A few ex-library books now and then aren't too costly, but online it can cost a little bit more. I also plan to buy less at book fairs. I haven't yet decided to which ones I'll go, I might want to go to at least one (but, like last time, only buy those books that are quite cheap or that I really want or that are hard to find elsewhere for a good price).

I started the year off strong but then got gradually worse throughout the year, with spending money on books. I went to two bookfairs this year, one in May and one in October. I went to several library sales. I also went to the charity shop quite a few times, and I ordered books online. The online books in particular cost the most per book. Generally though these are books by authors I love. Anyway I did a LOT better than in 2014 moneywise with books, but it could definitely be better.

- I want to visit the library often

This is tied in with my goal on spending less money on books. I'm hoping that by going to the library often and borrowing some books, I'll be less tempted to buy books (particularly more expensive ones).

I visited the library quite often. I read 249 books that I owned, 247 library books (+ 9 returned without reading them) and 6 books I read from an author's website (free short stories). I've really enjoyed going to the library.

- Book Collector

I want to scan all my ISBNs of my books and make sure what's in the database matches my edition (in the beginning I took the information from GoodReads which isn't always the edition I had). I want to add all the User Defined values that I want in there (maybe add some more, too). Ideally I also want to complete information as much as possible about where and when I purchased the book and for how much, however this is only possible for the more recent books as I don't remember things from earlier on and unless it was online, I can't look it up (but the online ones I can look up).

I scanned all ISBNs of my books (excluding the ones in the attic), and I have sorted out the ISBNs in Book Collector, so that's good progress. I've been doing some work on Book Collector, though I'm reluctant to do a bit until the team has made the user defined fields and other fields, uploadable.

- Wishlist

I want to type out my wishlist in an organised fashion, and also go through it and remove some books I might not be interested in anymore. I might also want to divide it up into books I really must have and books I'd like to read but perhaps not necessarily own.

I have my wishlist in a text file, but that's about it. I've been too tired to sort through it, and I kind of don't want to, either.

Statistics of January-December 2015 (for more details see post #4 in this thread)

Days: 356 (01-01 <-> 31-12)

Total books read this year: 502

Amount of pages read (averaged): 112787

Average amount of pages per book: 225

Days per book: 0.72 days/book

Book(s) per day: 1.4 book(s)/day

Pages per day: 310

Amount of books bought: 501 physical, 30 ebook(s)

Amount of books received as gifts or trades: 43

Amount of ebooks free: 30 + 6 from author's website + 2 from Project Gutenberg

Amount of books pre-ordered and paid for in 2014 but received in 2015: 12

Amount of books borrowed from library: 247 read, 9 returned unread

Reads TBR / R (new books vs. re-reads): (439) (~87%) vs. (63) (~13%)

Male / Female authors: (215) (~43%) vs. (172) (~34%) (excluding (115) (~23%) unknowns or both genres if multiple authors)

Nationalities (from most to least): US (183)(~36%), UK (96) (~19%), Italy (90) (~18%), Netherlands (73) (~15%), Belgium (24) (~5%), Australia (23) (~5%), Germany (7) (~1%), Japan (2) (~<1%), Norway (1) (~<1%),, Sweden (1) (~<1%), Unknown (2) (~<1%)

Books from new authors vs. familiar authors: 94 (~19%) new vs. 395 (~79%), with (13) (~3%) a combination

Standalones vs. series books: 117 (~23%) vs. 380 (~76%), combination 5 (~1%)

Genres (most to least) (note: some books have multiple genres): Contemporary Fiction (146) (~26%), Fantasy (122) (~22%), Rom-com (50) (~9%), Science-fiction (43) (~8%), Information (38) (~7%), Detective (38) (~7%), Horror (28) (5%), Historical Fiction (26) (~5%), Literature (23) (~4%), 'Disney' (11) (~2%), Thriller (11) (~2%, Paranormal (10) (~2%), Biography (9) (~2%)

Type: Textbooks (including books with a few small illustrations, ie. at chapter headings) (~252)(~50%), Illustrated (194)(~39%), Graphic Novels (42)(8%), Comics (13)(~3%), Manga (1)(~<1%)

Format: Paperback (146)(~29%), Hardback (no flappy bits) (274) (~55%), Hardcover (3) (1%), Kindle (36)(7%), Ebooks on website (6)(1%), Computer Websites (37) (7%)

Ageranges: Children's (248)(~49%), Young-Adult (91)(~18%), Adult (172)(~34%)

Fiction vs. Nonfiction: Fiction (455) (~90%) vs. Non-fiction (38) (~8%), Combination (9) (~2%)

Languages: English (214) (~43%), Dutch (263)(~52%), Flemish (25) (5%)

Original language vs. translated book: Original (311) (~62%) vs. Translated (191) (~38%)

Publication Years: 1980-1989 (12) (~2%), 1990-1999 (50) (~10%), 2000-2009 (113) (~23%), 2010-2015 (306) (~61%), Unknown (21) (~4%)

Original publication years: Pre-1930 (1) (~<1%), 1930-1939 (1) (~<1%), 1940-1949 (4) (~1%), 1950-1959 (1) (~<1%), 1960-1969 (1) (~<1%), 1970-1979 (5) (~1%), 1980-1989 (27) (~5%), 1990-1999 (52) (~10%), 2000-2009 (160) (~32%), 2010-2015 (223) (~44%), Unknown (28) (~6%)

Ratings: 1 (0) (0%), 2 (0) (0%), 3 (2) (~<1%), 4 (3) (~1%), 5 (3) (~1%), 6 (15) (~3%), 7 (34) (~7%), 8 (173) (~34%), 9 (166) (~33%), 10 (106) (~21%)

Average rating: 8.6

Male protagonist(s) vs. female protagonist(s): Male (189) (~38%), Female (172) (~34%), Both (106) (~21%), N/A (no main characters) (35) (~7%)

Page numbers x per book: x < 250 pages (339) (~68%), 250 < x 500 pages (129) (~26%), x > 500 pages (34) (~7%)

Page numbers x per book: x < 100 pages (93) (~19%), 100 < x 199 (176) (~35%), 200 < x 299 pages (107) (~21%), 300 < x 399 pages (59) (~12%), 400 < x 499 pages (33) (~7%), 500 < x 599 pages (19) (~4%), 600 < x 699 pages (6) (~1%), 700 < x 799 pages (7) (~1%), 800 < x 899 pages (0) (~0%), 900 < x 999 pages (0) (~0%), x > 1000 pages (2) (~<1%)

Shortest Book: Marie-José Balm, Jos van Hest and Marjolein Krijger - N46: Blauw: Mini-Informatie (16 pages)

Longest Book: Ken Follett - The Pillars of the Earth 2: World Without End (1237 pages)

Books read per month: January (30) (~6%), February (37) (~7%), March (32) (~6%), April (53) (~11%), May (48) (~10%), June (47) (~9%), July (34) (~7%), August (54) (~11%), September (33) (~7%), October (16) (~3%), November (50) (~10%), December (68) (~14%)

Pages read per month: January (8169) (~7%), February (8585) (~8%), March (8364) (~7%), April (12711) (~11%), May (11130) (~10%), June (11059) (~10%), July (10416) (~9%), August (9848) (~9%), September (8438) (~7%), October (4375) (~4%), November (11434) (~10%), December (8258) (~7%)

Overview

I have read 502 books this year. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to 500, but I did :exc:!!

(previous statistics: Jun-Dec 2012: 43 books, 2013: 143 books, 2014: 254 books).

I read ~112787 pages in 2015 (in comparison, I read ~25000 in Jun-Dec 2012, ~37000 pages in 2013 and ~62932 pages in 2014).

So I've read more pages in 2015 than in 2014, 2013 and 2012. The average page count per book was 225. I took 0.72 days on average to finish a book, and I read about 1.4 books per day. On average it took me 2 consecutive days to complete a book (so I start it on one day and finish it the next day, but then sometimes start another book before the day is over, etc.) I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone.

I've read the most in December, followed by August and April. I read fewer books in October, January, February, March, July and September (but most noticably October. I was on holiday and I read two huge books that took me a while). I read 99 books in Q1 (Jan-Mar), 148 books in Q2 (Apr-Jun), 120 books in Q3 (Jul-Sep) and 134 books in Q4 (Oct-Dec). So overall I could say that in Q2 and Q4 I read the most books and less in Q1 and Q3.

Genres

I still read from a variety of genres, though I definitely read more books from genres I like more. I also read quite a few books with a summer, autumn or winter theme.

New reads and re-reads

I read more new books than I re-read books. I still re-read some books though, mainly books I read when I was a child. I don't want to re-read a book too soon, because then it's too fresh in my memory. And there are so many nice new-to-me books around. I do enjoy my re-reads though.

Gender of authors

I read somewhat more books by male authors than by female authors. I also read quite a few books that have multiple authors, where there is at least one male and at least one female author.

Gender of main characters

I read slightly more books where the protagonist is male, than books with female main characters. Some books had multiple main characters, at least one of each gender. There were also some books, information books, that didn't have a main character.

Nationalities of authors

I read from a variety of countries, though of some much more than of others. The top 4 are the United States, United Kingdom, Italy (this is mainly Stilton's) and the Netherlands.

Familiar or new authors

I read more familiar authors than new authors. My focus was more on reading books by familiar authors, so this makes sense. I still read 94 new authors though.

Series and Standalones

Most of the books I read were part of a series (either as a standalone story within that universe, or as a real part of the overall story). I did read some standalones too though.

Type of books

Most of the books I read were 'text'books or illustrated books. I read some graphic novels too, a manga, and some comics.

Format

Most of my books were hardbacks (without a flappy bit), because most were library loans. I also read a lot of paperback books (books I own). I read some Kindle books, some books from author's website and computer and a couple of hardcovers (with a flappy bit).

Age-ranges

I read a lot of children's books, then adult books and then young-adult books.

Languages

I read slightly more Dutch books than English books. I also read some Flemish books (I'm unsure if they should be mentioned seperately or not). Most of the books I read, I read in their original language, but some were translated.

Publication Years

I have a preference for newer books (as in, books published in the past ~30 years). Most of the books I read were published after 1980. I don't see this changing dramatically any time soon, and I'm fine with that. I just prefer to read more modern language that I'm more used to.

Ratings

I became stricter with my ratings later on in the year, and have decided to ditch them altogether for 2016. The ratings didn't say much anymore and I wasn't always sure how to rate a book other than that 'I enjoyed it'.

Conclusive Comments

Overall then you could say I had a great reading year in 2015. I didn't really expect myself to get to 500 books for quite some time, but I did in the end and I was quite happy about that. I did read some more shorter books towards the end though, because it became important for me to get to 500, I just really wanted that. And they were still books I wanted to read so it worked out. This reading year was different from 2014. And I do look forward to next year (2016) stress less about a certain amount of books to read. Because I made myself a bit stressed towards the end :P. I was hoping to get over 100000 pages, and I achieved that goal in November, so I was less stressed about the page counts then. I'm quite proud of myself and what I have achieved, all the great books I've read (and some not so great). But at the same time, I don't want to sound arrogant so I'm trying not to mention it too much to most people.

Anyway.. I'm quite happy with how the year in reading has turned out. I became a member of the library in December 2014, and I've really enjoyed going to the library in 2015. It allowed me to read a lot of nice books (and some less nice ones). I love reading :readingtwo: :readingtwo:!

Some graphs for good measure:

Genres.png

PagesPerGenre.png

GenderAuthor.png

GenderProtagonist.png

NationalityAuthor.png

Language.png

OriginalvsTranslation.png

NeworFamiliarAuthor.png

TBRvsR.png

MyRatings.png

AgeRange.png

StandaloneorSeriesBooks.png

FictionNonfiction.png

BookSource.png

BookSourceDetailed.png

BookFormat.png

BookTypeFormat.png

PageLength.png

PageNumbers.png

PublicationYears1.png

PublicationYearsOriginal.png

BooksRead.png

PagesRead.png

BooksMonth.png

BooksPerDay.png

DaysPerBook.png

PagesMonth.png

PagesPerBook.png

PagesPerDate.png

PagesPerDay.png

Did you enjoy writing the summary for the year? I always enjoy doing mine for some reason or another :D It might seem a bit nerdy but I don't care: it's fun to look back! :D I would dare to guess you feel the same way :) 

- I want to spend less money (on books and other things)
I need to spend less money on books (and other things). I plan to buy less books and order less of them online. A few ex-library books now and then aren't too costly, but online it can cost a little bit more. I also plan to buy less at book fairs. I haven't yet decided to which ones I'll go, I might want to go to at least one (but, like last time, only buy those books that are quite cheap or that I really want or that are hard to find elsewhere for a good price).
I started the year off strong but then got gradually worse throughout the year, with spending money on books. I went to two bookfairs this year, one in May and one in October. I went to several library sales. I also went to the charity shop quite a few times, and I ordered books online. The online books in particular cost the most per book. Generally though these are books by authors I love. Anyway I did a LOT better than in 2014 moneywise with books, but it could definitely be better.

It would be really difficult to just stop buying books altogether, go cold turkey. In fact I would say it's pretty much impossible. It's something one needs to work on gradually. You should be proud for doing so much better this year than last year! :smile2: 

- I want to visit the library often
This is tied in with my goal on spending less money on books. I'm hoping that by going to the library often and borrowing some books, I'll be less tempted to buy books (particularly more expensive ones).
I visited the library quite often. I read 249 books that I owned, 247 library books (+ 9 returned without reading them) and 6 books I read from an author's website (free short stories). I've really enjoyed going to the library.

Wow, I think it's cool and kinda funny that you almost read the exact same amount of books that you owned and that you borrowed from the library :D Very coincidental! 

Did you enjoy writing the summary for the year? I always enjoy doing mine for some reason or another :D It might seem a bit nerdy but I don't care: it's fun to look back! :D I would dare to guess you feel the same way :)

I loved writing my summary :D! You guessed right :D

It would be really difficult to just stop buying books altogether, go cold turkey. In fact I would say it's pretty much impossible. It's something one needs to work on gradually. You should be proud for doing so much better this year than last year! :smile2:

I fully agree, I don't think I could "go cold turkey" or go on a "book buying ban" as some people call it. Thank you, I am a bit proud :smile2:

Wow, I think it's cool and kinda funny that you almost read the exact same amount of books that you owned and that you borrowed from the library :D Very coincidental!

I think so too :D. I wasn't going for those kinds of numbers specifically but that's how it worked out in the end :).