Lee Child

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I've only read on Lee Child novel, Die Trying. I actually bought it out of blind luck. I read the back, it sounded good and i liked the cover, so i got it. I had no idea that it was a series of some sort.

It was a very good novel, but i think i liked it for the reasons that weren't key to the series. I hated the Jack Reacher character. So bland, so Bond-like. What i did like was the antagonists in the novel and the idea of gaining their Independence. I thought it was a very well thought out idea. I doubt i'll read another Lee Child novel. The character of Jack Reacher is just so invisible to me, he has nothing intresting about him. That's just my opinion, i'm sure many think otherwise and that's fair enough. :)

Hi Jordan

I tend to agree with you about Jack Reacher even though I've read a few. I've read Die Trying and there was one passage in the book that really had me gripped - it lasted about 5 pages - I just wondered if you would know what I'm referring to and if it had the same affect on you? (Don't want to add any spoilers!)

Edited by Michelle
no need to quote post above :)

• 2 months later...

I've read every Lee Child novel going. I love Jack Reacher, but I do wonder how much longer he can write these books without them all becoming a re-hash of previous books. His last one, Nothing to Lose, was a great one & the "mystery" in the book was completely unexpected!

My sister lent me a Lee Child book a few months ago. Can't remember what it was called, the story involved a serial killer that targeted former female soldiers, and the FBI were involved.

Enjoyed the book well enough and have bought my sister a couple of his other books as she loved it and it was so different from her ususal choices.

Having read some of the comments here, I think I would be tempted to read some of the early Jack Reacher books, but I don't think it's something I should overload on!!!!!

• 5 months later...

I am in the process of adding my Lee child {Jack Reacher} reviews to my on line journal and will give them away to anyone who wants them. I have:~

The Enemy

Persuader

Killing Floor

The Visitor {also Know as Running Blind}

Echo Burning

Tripwire

Without Fail

One Shot

The Hard Way

Bad Luck and Trouble

Please let me know if you want any of these books and I will post them to you. :giggle:

I've read them all & no, they most definately do not need to be read in any particular order. Reacher is the main character in all of the books & that is where it stops. He is the only character that appears in more than one book & none of the books absolutely has to be read to understand any of the others. You would enjoy them, I think, Charm!

I've heard Lee Child is good but haven't read anything by him. Do they need to be read in any particular order?

I have read quite a lot of Lee Child books and try to keep up with them as he writes them. They are excellent stories, well written and pacey, so you are on the edge of your seat sometimes. I recommend Esther.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello People.

I'm new to this forum. I've read a number of the Jack Reacher novels since I first picked up 'Killing Floor' last year. I had avoided Lee Child for the very silly reason that I had read the blurb on the back and said to myself "This sounds terribly clich

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...