Who?

I always wonder about the disclaimer in a book stating all characters are fictional. They must be based on somebody right? I would have been honoured to inspire Tolkien, to be some sort of mothering, comical hobbit or a warrior like Eowyn.

Who's muse would you like to have been and how do you imagine he/she would hav captured you as a fictional character?

I read a lot of thrillers where the protaganist is heroic, clever, witty, handsome and, usually, very lucky.  That would suit me pretty much!

Like the answer directly above! :)

For my part, I like Dickens. I have always liked Dickens. For him to base a character on me, I would have to have known him. This would have been fascinating on its own. Therefore, Dickens would be my choice for that reason. The second part is a little more difficult. I guess I have to stay with Dickens, do I, Emily? Or does our status as friends allow me an exemption on that? No, okay, I will stay with Dickens then! :)

I have always been intrigued to know what it would be like to have a flame for a head while carrying a hat shaped as an extinguisher. I would have no doubt shared this with my good friend Charles over one too many jagerbombs and subsequently made my bow in fiction as the Ghost of Christmas Past!

These answers are feeding my imagination and rightly or wrongly i'm developing a dinner party of very mixed characters in my head!

Drislane you can be exempt from choosing only one Author but only because curiosity has the better of me :P

I've been thinking about this since you first posed the question, Emily, and I can't think of anyone!  My life is not perfect but it's pretty good most of the time, and I'm fairly placid and easy going, so I can't imagine ever having the sort of life or displaying the sort of animation or drama that would inspire anybody.  Much happier to read about those types of people :D

I've been thinking about this since you first posed the question, Emily, and I can't think of anyone!  My life is not perfect but it's pretty good most of the time, and I'm fairly placid and easy going, so I can't imagine ever having the sort of life or displaying the sort of animation or drama that would inspire anybody.  Much happier to read about those types of people :D

Hmmm chesilbeach, i'm sure there are many qualities about you which would inspire many a writer.....maybe your placid easy going personality would invoke something mysterious, maybe something mythical.   

My imagination is running riot, if only i was a writer :smile:

I'd be proud to inspire for a free-spirited, tough but funny, protective woman with a big mouth to voice opinions against what I think is wrong. 

Edited by emelee