How many of you buy more than you read?

Michelle

Before I joined here my TBR pile was never more than 3 books, now just my paperback TBRs are at 25 and I have no idea how many are on my kindle. The blog doesn't help either, I've had to close to review requests because it's getting out of hand.

My wishlist is worse, it's about 7 pages long on amazon.

Edited by Lucybird

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dream of a wishlist that small - mine currently stands at just over 400!!!! :eek: I blame frankie, poppyshake, vodkafan, Chrissy, Janet, lauraloves, Michelle, chaliepud et al. :P

lol. That makes me sound quite restrained!

I buy so many books it's ridiculous. I think I own about 400 books that I have not read yet, and I want to place a new order later this month. I am the same way when it comes to DVDs -- and pretty much everything else too. I love shopping, and I think I need or will love everything.

My theme song should be "I want it all" by Queen.

I dream of a wishlist that small - mine currently stands at just over 400!!!! :eek: I blame frankie, poppyshake, vodkafan, Chrissy, Janet, lauraloves, Michelle, chaliepud et al. :P

I'm innocent :P However i do have a massively long wishlist which compliments my massively long TBR!

P.S. Stop reading really good books please as I've just added another on your recommendation :P

:D

Yes, those people (and you!) are to blame for long wish lists! :giggle2: I'm very impressed with a 400 page wish list! I have 8 wish lists to do with books on Amazon, but the largest of those is only 6 pages long!

400 pages of books - wow! :thud: That would be some wishlist!

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I spied The Magician King sitting on my bed under The Magicians, which I dug out to re-read first. I bought The Magician King as soon as I heard about it, because it was imperative reading, and here I am several weeks later, having forgotten all about it because I'm too busy reading other things! This is a very sorry state of affairs, and I'm going to have to manage my purchases a little better I think! :lol:

On the plus side, before I joined this forum I never read at all, because I didn't have a clue where to start with adult books, so even if I'm buying too many, that's better than buying none at all :D

(On a side note, I'm looking forward to reading Kylie's reply to this!).

Yep, me aswell! :)

:P Well I think you probably already know the answer!

I don't know how many I bought last year, but I bought around 1 and a 1/2 books per day in 2011 (you do the math). I am determined not to buy as many this year, but it still gives me a lot of leeway! ;)

Seriously though...I obviously have a slight problem with buying more books than I can ever hope to read (especially if I keep going the way I am). I am a bit more skint than I used to be, so that will hopefully take the shine off my book buying a little. Somewhere in the near future, I hope to have a year in which I read more than I buy (although that will probably mean I am flat broke and living in a box somewhere with all the books I can carry).

I still haven't written them all down I might go through box by box this year and write them down and see if anything jumps out at me!

I got over 600 books for £25 last year. Won an auction on eBay and went to pick them up not expecting too much and ended up with some fantastic reads, some were brand new too!

O M G that's amazing you lucky thing.

There's a long queue, no cutting in line! :giggle2::lol: She's had to beat us with a stick to get back, to stop us from drooling over her boxes of books...

Slopes off slowly to join the queue..........

If you are looking for good homes for any extra books I sure we could all help out... :giggle2:

Here here!!!

Ok I'm guilty as charged, I've lost count of Mt TBR but I don't care :P Even loss of my mojo didn't stop me buying more books, I have started to refrain from looking in shops but only cos' i can buy for my kindle and that way hubby doesn't know I've bought any lol

Guilty as charged too! I buy far too many more than I can read. I wish I had four pairs of eyes! :blush2: I also blame the Kindle Daily Deal I mean how can you resist some of them at 99p each. I don't see myself cutting back though.

I definitely do. That's part of what led me to include not buying any books for myself this year on my list of 52 things in 52 weeks challenges this year! So fa I've managed not to buy any, but it's really tough! I keep seeing all these marvelous books I want to pick up and take home with me. Fortunately, I am allowing myself to receive books from others as gifts, or for reviewing purposes, and I am allowed to borrow books from the library or from friends, but I am not allowed to spend on single penny on books for me. Of course, this means my books buying frenzy for Xander will be immense come birthday and Xmas time - LOL!

So, till the end of the year, I can only read:

• books I already own
  • books I am given as gifts
  • books I am sent to review
  • books I borrow from the library
  • books I borrow from friends

As I have about 50 books sitting on the shelf at home that I have yet to read, I don't think I'll run out of reading material any time soon! ;)

I also blame the Kindle Daily Deal I mean how can you resist some of them at 99p each. I don't see myself cutting back though.

I think this was my downfall last year. I've been a lot better so far this year (early days though, isn't it?), and resisted buying books just because they sound interesting. I only plan on buying the Daily Deals if it's something that I already have on my Wishlist.

I think this was my downfall last year. I've been a lot better so far this year (early days though, isn't it?), and resisted buying books just because they sound interesting. I only plan on buying the Daily Deals if it's something that I already have on my Wishlist.

This was another reason why I went for the kobo, not so many good deals! :D