Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

I couldn't finish The Fault In Our Stars, but I loved Paper Towns. I found the characters in The Fault In Our Stars far too 'clever' with their way of speaking, so it didn't ring true for me. Paper Towns was very original. :smile:

That's encouraging! Thanks :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Over the cold pretty much, cough is still hanging around though. I haven't read anything for the last three weeks. :(

Struggling with my fatigue at the moment.

Edited by Devi

Thank you all. :)

My BD book buys have started to show! Now to wait till they all arrive? Or show as they come...

Vote!

:giggle2:

Edited by Devi

Okay! Two votes to wait. :)

Was a little disappointed for the first time with BD. The book arrived a bit damaged and its a hardback. :(

I'm going to say wait too, though it's a difficult choice because I want to see your books! But it'll look prettier with all of them together. I hope none of your other books get damaged :(, that's very disappointing.

Edited by Athena

Okay! Two votes to wait. :)

Was a little disappointed for the first time with BD. The book arrived a bit damaged and its a hardback. :(

That's a shame. :( I've received a few books from the BD that are slightly damaged (out of hundreds that I've ordered). It's always a chance you take when you buy books online, and especially when they're being shipped from overseas. I always imagine my little packages being tossed about and thrown by careless handlers. :( I generally find that it's worth the risk though, and the damage is usually very minor so it's barely noticeable. I hope the rest of the books arrive in better condition.

That's a shame. :( I've received a few books from the BD that are slightly damaged (out of hundreds that I've ordered). It's always a chance you take when you buy books online, and especially when they're being shipped from overseas. I always imagine my little packages being tossed about and thrown by careless handlers. :( I generally find that it's worth the risk though, and the damage is usually very minor so it's barely noticeable. I hope the rest of the books arrive in better condition.

This is my first book that I have received from them thats been damaged, and its in a couple of places. The box was pretty wrecked too, so i know its not their fault. I don't feel I should complain as I am sure it wasn't sent like that.

Sorry to hear about the damaged book. :( It's so frustrating, especially when it's a hardback and you've paid more than you would have for a paperback. Definitely write to them with a complaint, as they'll maybe be able to pass on the complaint to the delivery company and maybe get your shipping money back?

Can't wait to see the pictures by the way. The wait makes it all the more exciting. :D

Sorry to hear about the damaged book. :( It's so frustrating, especially when it's a hardback and you've paid more than you would have for a paperback. Definitely write to them with a complaint, as they'll maybe be able to pass on the complaint to the delivery company and maybe get your shipping money back?

Can't wait to see the pictures by the way. The wait makes it all the more exciting. :D

Well its free postage with BD, but I think I will send an email though.

I kinda went on a spree on book depository. :blush:

It all started after I went and seen the doctor on monday. I had a blood test to check my liver, red and white blood cells, and vitamin d. Well I got the results back this morning and its not good.

After taking 3 vitamin d tablets a day since august last year, my levels rose in december to 58, only to fall back down to 32. :(

75 is the recommended level. It explains why I have been so fatigued lately. Seems counter productive buying books when one is too tired to read. It made me feel a little better though, and has me looking forward to something else.

I should mention I have been taking vitamin d for 5 years now, and the fact that it hasn't come close to normal is very frustrating. Looks like vitamin d injections are the next thing, I am due to see my doctor again in April. We are giving it one last push before it comes to that.

Edited by Devi

Sorry to hear that Devi. :( The injections don't sound like fun, but I hope they do the trick. I'm glad the book buying helps to cheers you up - I read somewhere that shopping has been scientifically proven to produce positive hormones, so it must be good for you! :)

I'm so sorry you're having such trouble!  It certainly seems like you should be seeing more benefit after all that time.  I haven't been here long enough to be familiar with your condition.  Does your body not absorb Vitamin D properly?

Complicated but basically I have issues with my immune system and have several illnesses, MS (multiple sclerosis) being the most significant one, which is why I have a chronic vitamin d issue.

Sorry to hear that Devi. :( The injections don't sound like fun, but I hope they do the trick. I'm glad the book buying helps to cheers you up - I read somewhere that shopping has been scientifically proven to produce positive hormones, so it must be good for you! :)

If only my wallet agreed! :giggle2:

Argggg!  Sorry you're going through that, Devi...!

Thanks Pontalba. I suppose it could always be worse. Chin up and all that. :)

Awwww Devi, I'm so sorry to read you're not doing well :(. I hope you will feel better soon :empathy:, that the doctor can help you. Book buying makes me feel better too, I look forward to see what you've bought. It's not good for our wallets though and one can't do it indefinitely (I guess especially not if one's often too tired to read). I hope you enjoy getting your new books though, I find it always cheers me up :blush2:. I hope you feel better soon :hug:.