Doctor Who

Michelle

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prequel was good, but I'm not expecting much from the episode as per appearances and who is and isn't The Doctor.

I've read that three times and I still have no idea what you are trying to say! (I blame the wine, or you, or me, or Moffat.  Why not . . .).

I really enjoyed BBC3's The Ultimate Guide to Doctor Who last night.  These things are usually dreadful, but whoever put it together had a knack for pairing up the right cut-away with the right comment and the results were quite entertaining.  If you missed it, it is on iPlayer and is being repeated again on Friday at 7pm.

For those who missed it earlier in the year, The Doctor Who Prom is on Thursday at 7pm, followed by Adventures in Time and Space on BBC2 at 9pm and a screening of all four episodes of An Unearthly Child on BBC 4 at 10.30pm.

Also, BBC Radio Four Extra is airing a Doctor Who story every night this week, catch up with them on iPlayer if you've missed the ones so far.

Oh, and something is happening this Saturday as well . . .

Matt Smith, The Doctor, David Tennant, John Smith (Human from alternate reality) John Hurt , The War Doctor e.g Matt Smith changed into Game Lord? short bald bloke out of George Smiley film for an episode

The Episode is THIS SATURDAY 23RD

Edited by dex

Actors have appeared and then appeared again playing different roles. Do you think they had time for Peter Capaldi to turn up at the end or will they cheat it, like the appearance on the end of the prequel.

I am enjoying this run up, and cannot wait for Saturday's fun. Loved the prequel, and appreciate how the Who team are tying everything together. 

The regeneration from warrior doctor to Doctor Doctor (wasn't that a Thompson Twins song back in the 80's?) number 9 would be great, as I would love to see Mr Eccleston given a role in this 50th anniversary. I LOVED his Doctor, all angst and frowns. Great stuff. :D

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't 'get' Doctor Who. I've watched it quite a few times but it's all a little too...silly...for me.  :hide:  Still, I'm going to start watching it all from the very beginning one day in the hope that it will 'click' with me. Actually, it's not so much that I don't like or get the show, it's that I don't understand people's obsession with it.

Anyway, to redeem myself in everyone's eyes, I'd like to point out that I'm an awesome girlfriend because I bought Tom Baker's scarf (well, a replica - it looks identical to the one the lab/museum (whatever) girl is wearing in the 50th anniversary episode) for my BF a few months' back. He wore it all the time during winter and received several compliments from complete strangers. :D And because it's 12 feet long, it came in very handy once or twice when I was cold because we could both wear it at the same time. :)

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't 'get' Doctor Who. I've watched it quite a few times but it's all a little too...silly...for me.  :hide:  

Not just you, Kylie, I've tried so many times to get into it and just can't :shrug:  I did watch it last night, though, and it was quite good fun after a cringe-inducing opening ten minutes or so  :smile:

Kylie, I'm one of the obsessed people, and even I can't explain why! lol 

I loved it last night, the interactions were brill, Gallifrey can easily be brought back, and Tom Baker turned up!  :D

Did anyone watch the Peter Davison thing on the red button? It's also available here: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/watch-the-fiveish-doctors-reboot-56047.htm. It finished off my evening perfectly!