Strictly Come Dancing 2012

Raven

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darcey has settled in ok now, I'm still not always sure but on the whole she's an improvement and she's learnt to ration the 'yahs'. I just wish they wouldn't get the judges to do comedy VT's etc .. bad enough that they do it to the contestants.

I've heard Kimberley has the jive .. that'll test her dodgy knee. Nat seemed positive about Michael doing the samba .. hope she's right.

I don't know what ITT are doing to make me go off Karen but they're continuing to do it :o It seems ridiculous to criticize a dancer for showing off because that's what they do but she's showing off a bit too much now. Rein it in Hardy .. oh and stop having a go at Louis, I know I said the same but I didn't say it on National TV :giggle: Poor Louis, they are harder on him than the others and he is better than a lot of them. I think they see huge potential and are frustrated, they were like that with Ali Bastian when she couldn't do sexy (though goodness knows she'd had the practice .. on TV I mean ;)) and also when they thought Rachel wasn't emoting enough.

Julien McDonald! .. there's no excuse is there? :roll2:

That was a bit underwhelming in a way. I enjoyed quite a lot of it :D but I'm always expecting more .. story of my life :D It just feels like we're getting towards the hot end of the competition and therefore everybody should be on it.

I did enjoy Louis & Flav, thought he acted it well and it suited them but then, as we said before, a charleston is a crowd pleaser. They saved him until last and that was a good move (great swivel as well .. ten out of ten for swivel Louis). It played to all his gymnastic strengths too, I loved that daring somersault which could have pole-axed Flavia. Kimberley, well I know I'm biased :blush2: but on the whole I liked it, if they had got it spot on it would've been fantastic because the music was great and the energy was good and the routine had lots of content but they messed up a little on the (technical term) thingy through the legs. Maybe first-on (again!) nerves got to her a bit, she lost a little energy as it went on but hardly surprising, I lost it just watching. A strange outfit but wow .. she really does look good in anything. Dani I like and the routine was a charmer but there are always bits I don't like, she often shows more concentration than enjoyment and I don't like her leg extensions much (she has only got little ones though so bit unfair) the dance got better as it went along which is better than the reverse. Michael I love but I'm not fond of his latin, some of his moves were good and he can shake the hips a lot better now but some I was embarrassed by. Natalie did a sterling job dancing around him, she nearly exhausted herself to death. Nicky I wasn't sure about either (bit put off by Bruno snoozing in the background tbh .. doesn't inspire confidence), he's improved no question but he didn't seem passionate .. more angry (still wishing he'd got Natalie most probably :D). Lisa's dance was fun and full of life, not sure if she got all the steps correct .. it was too quick to see but she attacked it and her face always shows enjoyment (except, stick your tongue in Lisa). Denise should have been great and some of it was but some was messy and she looked awkward like she was a bit embarrassed at having to do it. They messed up on the lift and the end was messy too (and shoot the band .. that was a terrible rendition). James says he went blank, there was definitely a part of their dance where they were having a 'what are you doing?' conversation with their eyes.

I don't know what to think, anyone could be in the dance-off .. I think it will be Michael but who knows who with. Could be a big gun this week :o but if Michael is in the bottom two they'd have to have a dance off shocker not to survive him. Awwww .. I'm not sure I want Michael to go home just yet but he probably is the worst of the survivors. On reflection if Kimble has to do that jive again (and we all know it's not the next day .. stop trying to kid us it is .. is that just a way of letting Tess claim expenses for another frock? :D) then she may well mess up because it was quite high energy and she was beginning to flag a little the first time around. Michael could get the bounce-back vote though and it could be anyone, biting nails time again, but I'd be amazed if Louis wasn't as safe as houses.

Dani was the winner again for me, this week. I thought she was undermarked. I thought Louis was much better this week, but no way should he have got 10s, imo, and I generally preferred Nicky's charleston last week for the overall feel of it (I thought Karen's choreoghraphy let him down this week). Kimble was doing great up until that bit, so her score was probably about right, as were the rest. Much as I like Vaughny, I think his race is run.

So does anyone (looks at chesil :D ) know how it's working over the next couple of weeks? There will be six couples left after tonight, right? Are there going to be four in the final, or is there going to be a double elimination one of the weeks between now and then?

They haven't announced anything yet, but if it works the same as last year and there are five couples left at the semi-final week (i.e. no one has left due to injury or any other reason), then the two couples in the bottom two that week will both be eliminated. That would leave three couples in the final.

Basically, after the few years when it ended up with two couples in the final, they engineered it so that they could avoid this and always have three couples left, so if some-one does have leave early because of an injury, or for another reason (like Kelly Brook who left after the death of her father), then they would just carry on as normal with a dance off in the semi-final to send only one person home that week, but still leave three couples in the final week.

Thanks, chesil, makes sense :smile:

like Kelly Brook who left after the death of her father

I still haven't forgiven the judges for the way they laid into her that week :irked: I watched it on Youtube the other day and got all annoyed again - bloody Len shouting at her gunthug.gif:lol:

I still haven't forgiven the judges for the way they laid into her that week :irked: I watched it on Youtube the other day and got all annoyed again - bloody Len shouting at her gunthug.gif:lol:

well to be fair they didn't know and Len has since apologised but they do get far too personal with the contestants.

According to The Telegraph, Victoria has called Brendan 'a child who hogs the limelight' .. oh dear, this was never going to end well was it? I guess he's not invited to the wedding then :D

:( I'm not surprised about the bottom two, well Michael anyway but sad to see him and Nat go .. lovely, lovely, people and he's what it's all about. No previous experience in any shape or form and a bit awkward to start but learning and improving all the time and what's more enjoying it which was great to see .. ahhhh.

Help!!! Claire!!!??! What are they talking about with regards to next week? what's all this about fusion? I don't like the sound of it :D

Dear God, that bloke absolutely murdered Bridge Over Troubled Water, it was appalling! There should be a law: nobody sings Simon & Garfunkel songs apart from Simon & Garfunkel snooty.gif

I couldn't listen, it was horrible. Such a beautiful song, you need restraint with it .. you shouldn't belt it out. Mind you the law is that nobody but Art sings it, caused a big rift between him and Paul because Paul wrote it but Art got all the credit. Paul couldn't sing it because he'd written it in the wrong key. Paul would leave the stage whenever Art sang it and they more or less split up over it .. which, given the lyrics, was sort of ironic really. Apparently he will do BV's now and play guitar on it :D

Help!!! Claire!!!??! What are they talking about with regards to next week? what's all this about fusion? I don't like the sound of it :D

Unfortunately, I'm as much in the dark as you are! From what I can tell, it's something they've picked up from the US Dancing With The Stars (aren't all their bad habits ones they've picked up from there?). I imagine it will be something like they've done in a couple of the finals, where in series 4, Mark & Karen and Matt & Lilia both danced to (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher but Matt & Lilia started off the song with a quickstep then Mark & Karen took over half way through and danced a samba, but instead of two couples dancing in like a tag team, it'll be one half of one dance and one of another for each couple.

Flavia tweeted that they can choose any two styles of dances as long as they haven't danced them in the week before or scheduled to dance them in the week after the fusion week. One of the fan twitter accounts says she and Louis will be dancing a rumba / ballroom tango fusion.

Edited by chesilbeach

Oh my Lord, confusing. A rumba/tango fusion?? that sounds weird but I suppose it will all make sense (possibly ;)) on the night. If they can pick then they're bound to choose their fave dances .. so I can see Kimble doing a tango/something or the other :D and Denise doing a jive and something else. Would the music remain the same though?

Oh goodness I'm reminded of A Mighty Boosh quote but can't quite remember it ..*trots off to look it up* .. oh it doesn't quite match up but the sentiment is right

'Elements of the past and future, combining to make something not quite as good as either.' :D

Ewwww .. the rumba/samba combo :o now that really would be the dance of doom, hope no-one chooses that particular fusion.

DWTS :roll2:

I was sorry to see Michael go. :(

I thought Dani's dance was lovely on Saturday. I just can't warm to Denise in this show - I don't know why as normally I don't have a problem with her. I think it's because she's dancing with James!

So, fusions that we know about so far ...

Louis & Flavia - Tango/Rumba

Nicky & Karen - American Smooth/Samba

Kimberley & Pasha - Tango/Cha Cha Cha

If the couples get to choose then you have to wonder why Karen & Nicky have gone for a samba .. a dance almost guaranteed to send the male celeb home. I wonder if the couples will be wearing Bucks Fizz velcro type outfits because I'm trying to imagine what sort of outfit you'd have on for a samberican smooth :D Oh it all sounds like turkey and custard to me.

Zoe is becoming unwatchable, yesterday when she was fawning over Michael Buble I cringed the whole time. She's too manic, calm it down love .. you're giving me hypertension :D Karen (Hardy) is sliding down my bannister of regard as well. It's like all the presenters have had a bumshot of adrenaline before going on. I respect, of course, what Karen has to say but am beginning to wish I didn't have to witness her saying it. She is very biased towards Nicky too, that's not a crime obviously but I feel it's all said to justify her early support of him (like she is determined not to lose face now). He's ok but not as brilliant as all that, in contrast she sticks the boot into Louis every week. I only allow myself to be prejudiced .. I find that's the fairest way ;)

I am wishing Claude was back and yet last year I thought Zoe was a vast improvement.

Loved Michael & Nat's exit interview yesterday and agree with what a lot of the couples said about him being the most improved by far. I don't know if Lisa can last a lot longer, but then if she has the public vote then obviously she can. Denise will get to the final because of the judges vote, Louis will (I think) because of the public vote and the other place could go to anyone but I think it's most likely to be Lisa.

Zoe is becoming unwatchable, yesterday when she was fawning over Michael Buble I cringed the whole time.

That was funny :lol:

Needless to say, I can't agree with you ;) We think Zoe's great, but the format of the show definitely needs revamping. I'd far rather have Zoe hosting it than CW, though. :smile:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I used to think so too but she's got too shouty and gone back to her old style of presenting which I always hated. Never mind, the format is probably to blame (stick as much as you can in and then shoe horn in some more).

The fusion dances are only a little clearer after seeing the training footage, still think it's a mad idea.

Four in the final?!!, now what's the reason behind this I wonder? there must be one. Is it going to be a longer programme then? or a more rushed one *groan* .. Poor souls, there'll be more than one couple practicing a dance they don't get to do I suppose. It's like the poor man on Masterchef who doesn't get to cook his dinner though he's done all the shopping .. it's mean (but I bet his wife has a nice tea .. if he hasn't come across a bin on the way home :D)

Wow! I quite enjoyed it .. there's a turn up for the books. The only one I didn't really like was Lisa & Robin's .. though I wasn't overly keen on Nicky's either (stop being so mean though Craig .. there's really no need). The dance-off should be between them but probably won't be.

I did think most of the couples danced well, and I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did - Dani & Vincent were my favourites, but Lisa went wrong or forgot her steps a lot, didn't like Nicky's routine at all, and his technique was poor, and although I liked Kimberley and she danced very well, I thought she was overmarked. Would still like to see the dance fusion be a one off and not come back again next year, but then I'm a traditionalist, and don't like pfaffing around with dances (and it messes up the stats on my site!).

I'm expecting to see Lisa and Nicky in the bottom two, but I wonder if Lisa's public vote will be too high for that? I think the last few weeks have proved that Nicky doesn't have as much support as I had thought he would with the Westlife fans voting, and I think if anyone else is in the bottom two other than Lisa, it could be his turn to go.

I did like Dani and Vincent but I thought their fusion was easier, in that part of it was charleston and anything goes for that (having said that I preferred the charleston bits of their dance which I though suited them to the ground) .. my only slight complaint is that she sometimes looks a bit heavy legged and doesn't lift them quite high enough.

I loved Kimberley and Pasha .. she looked like Ola out there (which I wouldn't normally be liking because I'm not mad keen on Ola). What I loved most was how they punctuated every beat and they fused the two dances so much better than Lisa and Robin. Vicky Wardrobe LOVES Kimberley .. never seen her in a bad outfit. The hair stylist (let's call her Hilda Hair :D) HATES Kimberley though.

Denise and James .. well she had a wardrobe malfunction (and boy is Vicky in for it) but it didn't quite look seamless even without, so, so quick, perhaps too quick. Louis was very creditable doing his rumba .. it's not easy for the male celeb to look good whilst wafting their arms about and the fusion worked well. Vicky Wardrobe HATES Flav though, the dress was horrible and it was only because Flav was in it that I picked up the phone and voted.

No question that Nicky or Lisa should go but that means nothing, Nicky I think will be in the d/off .. but I'd be amazed if Lisa joined him. He will go though and probably that's right. What was Karen thinking to choose a samba for the fusion? .. and an American smooth, he hadn't done either before and samba is car crash at the best of times .. I'm guessing it's the pro's choice because otherwise they were dealt a very bad hand by someone. Denise is the one I can see being in trouble if Lisa is high in the public vote. I think the judges have put Kimberley and Dani safe, Louis I don't think will ever be in danger .. I'm sure he's well ahead in the vote (I'm probably placing too much confidence in my one vote :D)

I am surprised too that Nicky doesn't have more of a fan base but folks in Ireland can't vote can they? That must have made a big difference I would think.

Louis, Dani, Kimberley & Denise would be a fair and just four person final but Lisa will take the place of one of them I'll be bound (and I think it could be anyone bar Louis but most likely .. Kimberley). I like Lisa's enthusiasm but she's not improving and forgets steps all the time. Still it's not all about the dancing is it?

I'd really love to know why I can't see what everyone else does about Kimberley! :lol:

I don't think everyone else does Claire .. she's been bottom two after all so probably safe to say she's not high in the public vote and didn't you say Mark wasn't keen either?. I can't really answer because I have such a great deal of goodwill towards her that I'm biased but I did truly think she was, as Steve said, a-ma-zing yesterday. Alan watched her dance through twice which is a-maz-ing in itself because I can't get him to watch anyone once normally. I like the partnership and the way they are together too, she just seems like a decent girl. It's like she's been promising us a great performance and last night she delivered (but not to your area unfortunately :D;)) Natalie Lowe agrees with me and Steve though and she could never be wrong ;) Karen Hardy may take a different view this week, she won't like Craig's comments on Nicky that's for sure.

The person that makes me feel 'meh' is Denise and, it's probably similar to your views on Kimberley, I never truly enjoy her dancing because I struggle to connect with her and, as you know, I'm terminally allergic to (please don't) shimmy Jimmy Jordan.

Louis & Flavia I love, they don't really have to do much for me to want to vote for them which is a bit daft I know but there it is. I'm glad they're brilliant though because that saves me the embarrassment of voting for car crash dances.

The one dance they should get rid of is the showdance, the pro's go quite mad when given carte blanche. Erin (someone kidnapped her for five mins I'm sure), Brendan (possibly the best ever comedically) Pasha (deary, deary, me .. Chelsee as a circus act?) Aliona (so many crimes .. I'm surprised they've let her out) Artem (why would anyone do that to Kara?) and so on. I'm not looking forward to four of them .. that's an awful long time to hide behind a cushion :D

The person that makes me feel 'meh' is Denise and, it's probably similar to your views on Kimberley, I never truly enjoy her dancing because I struggle to connect with her and, as you know, I'm terminally allergic to (please don't) shimmy Jimmy Jordan.

I feel exactly the same. I don't usually have a particular problem with her but I'm not really enjoying her in this - and James' arrogance really gets on my nervous (as I used to say when I was little! :giggle2: ).

Tonight's result was what Peter and I predicted. I don't mind Nicky, but I thought it was difficult to see where one type of dance ended and then next started. As much as I don't like James, I thought their dance was great - the changes between the two dances were really good. Although I think Nicky is a better dancer than Lisa (and so is Denise) I think she has quite a big fan base. Well, obviously she does as her dancing isn't keeping her in any longer. I do like her but I think maybe she'll go next.