Mortal Chaos by Matt Dickinson

This is a great concept for a book, and should appeal to teenagers. In fact, once I finished, I took it straight to my teenage daughter, who's a very reluctant reader. The reason for this is the format - there are very short chapters, often less that a page, which makes the book much less intimidating. In addition however, once the action gets going, it moves along at a fast pace, so it's impossible to get bored.

The book starts off with a butterfly, and it's affect on a rabbit. From here, it jumps to a few different people, who are all connected in some way. The action flicks between these people and their situations, leading to it's climax.

It makes you consider the effect we can have on other people, with even the smallest of actions, and there's plenty for adults as well as children. There is apparently a series of books planned - I have to say that as much as I loved this one, there will have to be something a bit different in the next to keep me interested. I look forward to finding out!