Kindle Fire

julie

Hi folks

For those interested in the Kindle Fire, I thought I'd come in and give my review on mine. It just arrived yesterday ,and only got the opportunity to work with it a little last night .

I have been looking around on it and trying to learn how to set everything up on it ,so I don't have the full scoop on it yet,but here goes :

It arrived in a timely manner,well packaged and protected .

It is a little bit heavier and tiny bit bigger than my Kindle 3 . The edging is plain shiny black with no visible buttons at all.

The only botton is on the bottom,a small switch to turn it on . Beside that is where you plug it in to charge it . I think it will need charged more frequently than a regular Kindle because of the lighted and colored screen and all the doodads on it .

The picture is clear,bright and unbelieveably sharp .

It comes with one free month of Amazon Advantage or Prime, whatever they call it,so certain things are free on it for this month ,like some of the movies and tv videos, etc.

They have so many Apps for it, I have no clue. I started leafing through them today,but gave up after about 3 hours . I got tired of looking through them all .. There is a search to look up a particular one .If you touch the search,the keyboard comes onto the bottom of the screen ..

I did choose several of the free Apps. They have lots of video games if you are into that, then they have tv channels, news channels and newspaper apps ,all types of learning type apps,say if you have small kids and want them to practice math,whatever they have several things on there for that,but I have no kids here so no need for those .

They have radio apps ,music,geez, I just don't know how to describe them all. I chose several freebie ones to load, but haven't turned any on to try them yet ,

I can also reach my email and browse the web on it . I have BCF on it,but not sure how to log in from it, it seems a little stubborn,but it's probably because I am not doing it right . I'll get it figured out . I can read the boards on it though .

It also has a very neat feature that takes a bit of getting used to ,which is if you hold it vertically, the screen will read in that direction,but turn it a bit,and the screen goes horizontal ,so the horixontal is nice for movies ,but the upright way would be best for reading I'd think .

The reading screen does show in 3 colors, white, black,and tan. I like the tan,makes the pages look more like real book pages . VERY easy to see the words on all colors ,plus you can change the print to many more sizes and fonts which is also neat.

My books all show up on there on colored shelves with covers out ,which looks so pretty .

It has touch screen for everything ,which will take a bit of getting used to,since I don't have anything else with a touch screen,but it will be fine in a day or two of getting used to it .

The sound quality is good on the music and videos ..

Trying to think of other stuff I am missing, which I probably am. I'll come back later and post more if I think of something else or if you have a question I can answer .

Oh boy! Your KF sounds like a Lot of Fun. The touchscreens are a little iffy to get adjusted to. I have an iphone, and it is soooooo sensitive, it's almost annoying. But you develop a light touch finally.

Great review, can't wait to hear more goodies. :D

Great review. Gadgets are so much fun, but they always take a bit of time to get used to. I hope it gets released in the UK soon, but I read somewhere that it won't be released here until the 'cloud' is more developed. Also I don't know if there is the ability on Amazon UK to download films, which I think is one of the big selling points of the Kindle Fire. I could be wrong though. :doh:

Hi guys

Back to tell you a little more from fiddling with the Fire today. It has apps for all kinds of gadgets ,some of them are free,while a large number cost money . I signed up for a bunch of the free ones,so they have several for news, tv news and newspapers . They have magazines,which I didnt sign up for ,since I'm not a magazine person.

They have weather gadgets ,news from the UK ( so I signed up for it ) .It's much easier to get around than I thought it'd be. I have this website on, youtube so I can watch videos ,and right now a few free apps to watch free movies, although I think most of them go with the one month prime free thing,which I won't renew .

As for the battery life, I'd say it uses a little more power to watch videos. I haven't let the battery run clear out .I plug it in after a few hours. The website says it will run 8 hours before needing plugged in .

The main problem I have seen with it so far is that there are so many other things to do on it, you kinda forget to spend time reading . I love the lit up backscreen though and think it'll be great for reading at night .

So,that's the update after having more time to check it out further .