What's up with that? (Confusing things in movies)

Kell

I'm just watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with Xander and am confused by something...

Near the start of the film, Harry is in his room with Dobby. Dobby reveals that he has kept the letters that Harry's friends sent him in order to make him think his friends had forgotten him. Dobby then pulls out the letters...

The thing is, Dobby is only wearing a pillowcase and it has no pockets. My question is this:

Where on earth was Dobby keeping those letters?

Dobby1.jpg

If anyone can answer this to my satisfaction, I'd be eternally grateful, because at present I'm forced to believe that, as he pulled them out from behind his back, he was somehow keeping them up his bum or something!

Does anyone else have any confusing film moments they'd like to share and perhaps have explained?

Going by that picture, it looks like there's a slot where his arms are, which possibly runs down his side. In that case, he just pulled them out of that slot.

But, my first instinct, like Chrissy said, is that it's magic.

I have loads of these kinds of questions especially when it comes to Harry Potter. I quite often think I will ask around on that one and then think I will be baffled by the answer so in the end I just put it down to magic.

How comes all these teachers and wizards keep putting blocking charms/spells over everything but Hermoine can break them ?? (which reminds me another reason I don't like to ask is my wording isn't very good)

One I thought of when watching Chamber of Secrets at the beginning of terms first years arrive by boat (after getting off the train) but where is the water they sail across the rest of the year? Which also leads me to why doesn't the train go right up to Hogwarts save the first years go by boat and everyone else go by those horse things you can only see if you have seen someone die??

I could go on.

I have loads of these kinds of questions especially when it comes to Harry Potter. I quite often think I will ask around on that one and then think I will be baffled by the answer so in the end I just put it down to magic.

How comes all these teachers and wizards keep putting blocking charms/spells over everything but Hermoine can break them ?? (which reminds me another reason I don't like to ask is my wording isn't very good)

One I thought of when watching Chamber of Secrets at the beginning of terms first years arrive by boat (after getting off the train) but where is the water they sail across the rest of the year? Which also leads me to why doesn't the train go right up to Hogwarts save the first years go by boat and everyone else go by those horse things you can only see if you have seen someone die??

I could go on.

Of course, the train used to go straight to Hogwarts, but the line was cut by Dr Beeching in the 60's :D

Also, right at the beginning of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry says to Hedwig:

I'm sorry, I can't let you out. We're not allowed to use magic outside of school.

Sorry, but how does it take magic to use the key that is in the padlock and turn it? Letting Hedwig out of her cage isn't magic...

If anyone can answer this to my satisfaction, I'd be eternally grateful, because at present I'm forced to believe that, as he pulled them out from behind his back, he was somehow keeping them up his bum or something!

:giggle2: :giggle2: :giggle2: That just made me nearly spit my tea out over the keyboard, judging by the look of him his bum wouldn't be big enough to keep letters in unless it's somehow like Doctor Who's tardis :giggle:

It also occured to me that every time we see Dobby using magic, there is a blue flash of light. There is no such flash when he produces those letters...

• 3 weeks later...