Your book activity in 2012

Kell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful, wonderful book. Hope you enjoy it. :smile:

agreed!!

I definitely can't wait to start it! I had hoped to tonight but time got away from me. Its sitting next to my bed now, book mark at chapter one.

I finished a couple of books over the weekend. In book form in finally finished The Love Trainer by Julia Llewlyn and have finally got around to starting Mistress Mashams Repose by T. H. White.

In kindle form I finished The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nonna Bannister and started Out of Time by Deborah Truscott.

I'm really struggling with Small World. Have really enjoyed Matt Beaumont's other books as light reads but something not working for me with this one.

I saw my niece at the weekend and had nothing to do so nicked her Faraway Tree book to have a gander at. She insisted I borrow it to finish....I had to write her a note promising to give it back though!...and I'm reliving my childhood, even though the names have changed!

I saw my niece at the weekend and had nothing to do so nicked her Faraway Tree book to have a gander at. She insisted I borrow it to finish....I had to write her a note promising to give it back though!...and I'm reliving my childhood, even though the names have changed!

I bought a copy of that in a charity shop a few years back, but I donated it back to them when I realised it had been tampered with. Grr!

I finished the Hitler book today, and now I have no idea what to read. I should go and borrow next month's RC book from the library tomorrow.

I think I fancy a book that I've wanted to read for a very, very long time, instead of going for another book that sort of needs to be read. So there are too many great options!

I have just finished A Storm of Swords - Blood & Gold and having been disappointed in the first part of the book I was totally hooked on this one. Gripped me start to finish. So many twists. Brilliant.

Have now started book one of the Mistborn trilogy The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson and am 1/4 way through and am finding it good although the use of the powers took some working out.

I finished Stolen Souls by Stuart Neville today, and have picked up The Erasers by Alain Robbe-Grillet, probably will continue with it, looks interesting.

Edited by pontalba

I just Finished The one you love by Paul Pilkington this was a FREE kindle book from Amazon, I loved it, it was a mystery suspense book.

Now wait for it, for the first time in living memory, I ran out of TBR books, when my husband gave me a kindle for my birthday he also purchased a DVD from ebay with 3500 ebooks on, I since sorted them into alphabetical order, and decided to start at A so now I am reading One Fifth Day by A J Hartley I have never heard of it but so far it is looking good :)

I finished Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run, and loved it. Very inspirational.

I have now started:

John Jasper's Secret - haven't really concentrated on it yet

The Scapegoat - Daphne du Maurier - interesting so far and I want to read it before the ITV adaptation is on

Dead Water - Ngaio Marsh - good so far

Born To Run - only just started but think I'm going to like it

A Study in Scarlet - Conan Doyle - loving this and can't put it down. I'm surprised by how 'fresh' the writing is. I'd expected it to feel more 'Victorian'.

Methinks I should get something finished before starting anymore!

I definitely can't wait to start it! I had hoped to tonight but time got away from me. Its sitting next to my bed now, book mark at chapter one.

The Book Thief is such a good book that I'm actually jealous that you still have it to read! Honestly, it's brilliant :)

I went to the library and took back a huge load of books and finally paid my fees :giggle: Now I can borrow books again! \o/

I got Pied Piper for the March reading circle, and then I got a bio on J. D. Salinger, something by Vonnegut (non-fiction) and Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell, recommended by Jänet :smile2:

I started reading The Complete Adventures of Blinky Bill last night :smile2: So far so good!

Cool! Did I give that to you? I haven't read it before *blushes*.

I got Pied Piper for the March reading circle, and then I got a bio on J. D. Salinger, something by Vonnegut (non-fiction) and Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell, recommended by Jänet :smile2:

Nice haul! :D

I started reading Coffee at Luke's a few days ago. I'm only a few essays in, but I've enjoyed what I've read.

Cool! Did I give that to you? I haven't read it before *blushes*.

Yes you did, you gave it to me on my first day in Australia, along with Down Under and Cloudstreet :smile2:

What, you haven't read the book yourself? :o:lol:

I started reading Coffee at Luke's a few days ago. I'm only a few essays in, but I've enjoyed what I've read.

I've only read a few pages but I'm loving it so far too :smile2:

Edited by frankie

I bought a copy of that in a charity shop a few years back, but I donated it back to them when I realised it had been tampered with. Grr!

I don't blame you! I have a copy of those stories that I bought a few years back, and it has all the original names and even the original illustrations, but several chapters from each book were removed. I don't understand why publishers DO these things. The book was written as Enid Blyton intended it, publish it or don't, but don't change names or abridge it!

I recieved The Roundabout Man by Clare Morrall in the post today, my first review book in ages. I just read the first chapter and it looks like it's going to be a really lovely read.

I have about 150 pages to go on Helter Skelter. Not recommended if you have a weak stomach, as the beginning is quite gruesome.

This book and the Ted Bundy book by Ann Rule are the creepiest true crime books ever. I hope the book doesn't come to haunt you in your sleep!

My TBR has now grown to over 300, 302 to be exact. This is down to the huge amount of kindle freebies I have been downloading this year. I was meant to be cutting down my TBR not growing it. The only one good thing that I can think of is I'm not spending huge ammounts of money this year. I've actually only brought 5 books this whole year.

This book and the Ted Bundy book by Ann Rule are the creepiest true crime books ever. I hope the book doesn't come to haunt you in your sleep!

I've read it before but for some reason it has more of an impact this time around. The first night I started reading it, I couldn't sleep, and got up to double check everything was locked up tight. :hide: