Your book activity in 2012

Kell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really into The Marathon Man. It's not really the sort of book I would normally read, but I've already gotten really attached to some of the characters. Levy and Scylla, of course.

William Goldman's? I'll be interested to read your opinion/review.

Just over half way through Half of the Human Race, it's not a quick read as it's very descriptive but I'm really enjoying it, the characters are great and it's interesting to read about how Suffragettes were treated in the early 1900's. I'm not sure where the book is going but I think there may be a war in the offing....

I'm absolutely loving The Marathon Man. And I don't even really know why. But it's really something that I was at a friend's Bday party, and afterwards went to a bar (none of the people at the party were up to a bar night) all by myself. I had the novel with me, so I ordered a beer and water, and read ~60 pages. And I was completely hooked, Jonathan Davis could've sat at the next table and I wouldn't have noticed. It's that good.

I'm not saying I would recommend it, I have no idea who would like this book and who would not. I just know I do.

Finished Can't Be Arsed by Richard Wilson. I can happily concur with most of what he says, and I have done hardly any of the things that are on his list of 101 things NOT to do before you die, as they're really not all they're cracked up to be! :lol:

I finished 'The War of the Worlds' by H.G Wells this morning and overall, I'm disappointed with it. I'm in a classic kind of mood at the moment, so I'm just about to start reading 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekll and Mr Hyde' by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Started The Colour by Rose Tremain and only two chapters in and I'm completed engrossed in the story. :smile2:

Have you read anything else by her before? I've seen her name around a lot lately...

I'm back from a short holiday and I managed to find several great bookshops. I also finished reading The Virgin Suicides and started Cocaine Nights by Kerry Greenwood.

Have you read anything else by her before? I've seen her name around a lot lately...

I've only read one of her books before, The Road Home which I thought was excellent, and I've been meaning to read more of her work for ages. Apparently every book she writes is completely different from everything else she's written, and she picks different periods, countries and people every time. This is very different from The Road Home so far, but the writing is just as good. :)

Completed Mister God, This Is Anna, yesterday.

I almost took a month with it!

But what a book. I'm still trying to find words to describe it.

Wow. Just wow.

(Thank you poppy for reminding me of it in your 30 day challenge)

Started with Charlotte's Web an hour ago. Looking forward to enjoying this one.

I finished 'The Fifth Child' by Doris Lessing last night, and gave myself really weird and disturbing going-to-sleep thoughts, so much so I had to shake myself up and make myself think good and positive thoughts. Having said all of that, I have already ordered the sequel to this, as I MUST know how the story continues.

Not sure what I will read now. I think something light. :blush2: