Emma's Reading Log 2012

Isandriena

I am just going to add what books I read in 2012. I'm not going to do the genre challenge as I don't want to read books that I wouldn't ordinarily read because I know I won't enjoy them and I don't want to waste my time reading something I don't enjoy. Reading is after all, all about enjoyment. I probably won't read that many, but maybe someone will be interested in what I actually read. Below I will write what books I currently need to read and what I thought of each book as I finish reading them.

Destined - PC Cast (read) 5/5

Divergent - Veronica Roth (read) 41/2/5 - it started off really well but I couldn't give it a full 5/5 because I didn't like it as much as I reas the last few chapters but it was still a very good book.

The End of My World - Emma Jackson (read) 5/5 - heartbreaking true story of a girl who was raped by Asian men she believed to be her friends. So sad. But it was really well written.

The Unremarkable Heart - Karin Slaughter

Alchemist's Secret - Scott Mariani

A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin

The Redbreast - Jo Nesbo

The Facebook Killer: Part One - M. L. Stewart (read) 5/5 - this book was amazing, it was only 99p I think on iBooks and I didn't really think it would be that good a book, but as soon as I had finished, I had to start the second book immediately.

The Facebook Killer: Part Two - M. L. Stewart (read) 5/5 - I loved this book, it was very gripping and I loved how it ended. Both books I highly recommend.

Death Notice - Todd Ritter (read) 5/5 - I loved how this book got me to really think about who it was that was committing the murders, at different times in the book I thought it was someone then changed my mind, as there was so many people it could be and I thought this book was excellent.

Vicious Circle - Todd Ritter (read) 4/5 - didn't feel that this book was as good as his other book, but it was still really good. He's a recommended author.

Edited by Isandriena

• 2 weeks later...

You may have already read them but if not then I would recommend the Stieg Larsson trilogy. If you fancy something with a bit of a different take the crime angle then Fatherland by Robert Harris may be worth looking at. Its set in a post war Germany as if Hitler had won the war and features the murder of a young recruit. Recently I've also read The Savage Altar by Asa Larsson which was an enjoyable read.

I look forward to seeing what you think of The Redbreast, as I've just bought a copy myself but haven't got round to reading it yet.

Hi Isandriena, that Facebook Killer; didn't it get made into a film? At any rate I saw a trailer that seemed to be about the same thing.

Oh I second the recommendation for the Stieg Larsson books , they would keep you busy for a while, and Salander is a great character.

Edited by vodkafan