American Horror Story

Kell

Is anyone else watching American Horror Story?

We've caught all four episodes shown so far (and they were all played again last night as an omnibus for Hallowe'en). It's showing on FX. And last night it was announced that it's been commissioned for a 2nd season of 13 episodes - yay!

It's rather creepy and extremely good. If any True Blood fans are looking for a horror-based show to fill the gap till season 5 starts, this could be the one to keep you occupied! ;)

AHS is far darker than True Blood (whereas TB is far more overtly sexual with quite graphic sexual scenes in it - loads of nudity etc). AHS is more spooky than TB... ;)

I watched the second episode last night, so far, so good, I like how creepy it is and the character that Jessica Lange is playing is great, I like that she has a subtle (well not that subtle at times) edge. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I heard something very very.... um.... hm. Well my friend told me a bit that happens which involves a ...maid? or something? and apparently turned out very bloody. And generally is not the sort of thing I would expect from a tv show. Of any kind. I don't know whether I want to watch it or not.. Specially not before Christmas... might have been better at Halloween!

Noll, if you want to double check, I've added a little in the first spoiler here:

There is a little violence, Noll, which does culminate in her murder, but in a very quick way. Her assault isn't completed (in fact, nowhere near) and it is a third party involved.

If you want to know exactly how it happens it's in this second spoiler here (just in case you feel you need to know the ins and outs before deciding on watching it):

The maid had previously had a consensual liaison with Constance's husband and he figured he could have round 2, but she says no. He tries to force her and there is a brief struggle, but Constance walks in and catches them. She then shoots the maid (through the eye) and also her husband, dead.

And a separate note about the maid:

The eye which is shot shows on the older version of her as her funny, kind of blank eye - the one that is paler than the other and looks kind of "dead" in comparison.

I'm watching it and interested in finding out what happens but a whole lot of killing went on in that house, I am amazed there is room for the couple's endless neuroses! :giggle:

• 1 month later...

I've really enjoyed this one so far. It can be a bit OTT and does get very weird at times but I love that " what the?????" feeling you get when something strange happens and isn't quite explained until later on. A bit like 'Lost' in that respect.

I found watching them a few at a time helped. I would have probably lost interest after the first couple if I'd had to wait until the next week.

I think I watched 4 or 5 yesterday in the end - it's just like an OTT horror book, but I want to see how it pans out. For those worried about being scared, it all depends on what actually scares you.. I don't think there's anything particularly creepy or psychological about it, it's pretty much in your face! :D