JackM Crime 2012

dex

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I've now ordered the other Philidephia, Richard Montanari books and will read them in order. Of course having done this I need to finish The Rosary girls.

So I've finished The Rosary girls, It was a good book as was The Echo man. I did find it got a bit slow in the middle , but I enjoyed it overall. :readingtwo: I'm now reading The Skin gods.

Edited by dex

Having read Steig larsson and Jo nesbo and some wallender novels. There must be some other good european authors who have been translated into english.

I`m reading Broken Angels by Montanari.

My neighbour gave me a big black bin liner full of books - and this is one of them. I`d never heard of him before and I have to say I`m a bit bored and I`m nearly half way through.

Have I picked the wrong book of his to start with ?

I haven`t even looked at the other books. I just decided to pick one out at random and this was it.

It's reminding me of a Colin Bateman book I read and enjoyed, Although I'm only 100 pages in. Someone known to the main charachters has been murdered and now they really have some motivation. There probably is a bit too much concentration on the new guys Amish beliefs and handy coincedences, but I like it so far. Just about to start part 3. Still haven't finished it, got about 30 pages to go. I've really enjoyed this set, It's not Jo nesbo but it is good. Recommended.

Edited by dex

• 2 weeks later...

Having finished Red wolf by Liza Marklund and enjoyed it. I'm now reading Exposed which is set and written before it, but seems to be published over here, After it. Like the Harry hole series. Not sure if Bomber is out yet or not.

I've ordered Bomber and Vanished by Liza Marklund. I've also just bought a Mary burton book called Before she dies and I finally have my own copy of Stuart macbrides, Birthdays for the dead. Red wolf was the better of the two I've read by Liza.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished the Bomber by Liza Marklund, I enjoyed it more than Exposed. I think it's as good as Red Wolf. I'm going to read vanished next then Headhunters by Jo nesbo.

The trouble with the Marklund series, is that I've read them in all sorts of. order. One moment she's married with kids and others she's single and has a grandmother. Other than that I have enjoyed the series.

• 8 months later...

Shykill river? Byrne & Balzano . This is the only thing bothering me at the moment.

It's only taken me 9 months to get round to reading it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

These are the Authors I have read this year.

Stephen Leather,

rough justice 2 fair game 3

Stuart Macbride ,

shatter the bones 3, birthdays for the dead 3, dark blood 4

Michael Connelly ,

the drop 4, chasing the dime 3, void moon 3

Ian Rankin,

rebus 4 overall but there are three dodgy ones. (h & s, t & n, d s) The complaints 3, The impossible dead 3

Terry Goodkind,

naked empire, chainfire, phantom, confessor 2 overall. Bought as he'd finished the series.

Jo Nesbo,

the leopard 4, the snowman 4, the redbreast 4, Nemesis 4, The devil's star 4, The redeemer 3, Headhunters 3 (Despite being 1st person)

Mo Hayder,

birdman 4, the treatment 4, ritual 4, skin 4, gone 4

Mark Billingham,

Good as dead 1

Steig Larsson,

dragon tattoo 4, played with fire 3, kicked a hornets' nest 4

John Harvey,

Rough Treatment 3, Wasted Years 3, Cold Light 3, Lonely Hearts 3 despite the abrupt end.Off Minor 3, Cutting Edge 2, probably more to my mood than the book. Easy meat 2, Still Water 3, Last Rites 3, Trouble in mind( 70 page short) 3, Cold in hand 3,

Jeff Lindsay,

dexter is delicious 3

Colin Bateman,

Mystery man 2, The day of the jack russell 2

Patrick Robinson,

Admiral Arnold Morgan, To the death 3

Tony Black,

paying for it 3, I'd only reccomend it to people who enjoy 1st person books. It was a good plot though.

John Connolly,

The cancer cowboy. Weird, but good 3 (a short from nocturnes)

Quintin Jardine,

Grievous Angel 2. I won't buy this one.

Richard Montanari,

The echo man 3, The rosary girls 3, The skin gods 3, Broken angels 3,Play dead 3

Jack Kerley,

The death collectors 3, In the blood 1,

Matthew Reilly,

Scarecrow and the army of thieves 2 (Over the top and daft action sequences, Kind of like Adam West in Batman)

Liza Marklund,

Red wolf 3, The Bomber 3, Vanished 3, Exposed 2, (Looks like I read these in the reverse of the set chronology)