JackM Crime 2012

dex

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just started readIng PayIng for It by Tony Black and I am fIndIng It a bIt too fIrst person. I wIll persIst however. I've finished it and it's a good book but, first person books just give me a headache. :banghead:

Edited by dex

The Byrne and Balzano series by Richard Montanari I highly recommend. It focuses quite heavily on the psychology of the killer and is extremely well written.

A stand alone book I would advise is Gangster by Lorenzo Carcaterra. It follows the life of Gabe from his beginnings in Italy all the way to becoming part of the American underworld of organised crime. It's simply one of the best stories I've read this year.

Thanks Jamesht, for his recommendations of Byrne & Balzano ,montanari. Gangster, Lorenzo Carcaterra. I'll look into them.

The Byrne and Balzano set by Montanari are definately worth reading.

Edited by dex

• 2 weeks later...

I'll finish the Resnick set and then I will read 2 Library books :o . Quintin jardine, Grievous angel and Richard Montanari, The echo man.

Just started Grievous Angel by Quintin Jardine, Looks like a collection of short stories. Bob skinner is writing his memoirs. How do. you read Short stories?

I've started Grievous Angel and it seems to be Bob skinner writing his memoirs. I've put aside a couple of short story collections recently. Is this another one?

Just finished Grievous angel by Quintin Jardine. It's set earlier in his career. It reminded me of Fatal last words, because in that one he kept name dropping other authors. In this one Skinner couldn't help but bump into everybody he ever worked with in future cases. Other than that I enjoyed it.

I've just started The Echo Man by Richard Montanari. Are there any reviews of the Suzanne Collins, Hunger games on here? Someone at work has started them. I took a quick look but, they're 1st person.

I enjoyed The echo man by Richard Montanari, I just didn't get why he called one character by their first name and their partner by their second name all through the book. Maybe he should have thought of a better name if he didn't want to use it. It had a good plot and I will look out for the rest.

I'm enjoying The death collectors by Jack Kerley, I have read the hundredth man before. I'd probably read it too close to the Hannibal set though.

"Former Alabama state police detective Jacob C. Willow, he said." Good one. Anywhere near Birmingham?

Edited by dex

I'm about halfway through In the blood by Jack kerley, it's a bit strange but okay. Reminding me of John Case at the moment. I'm hoping that Buried alive is better.

Edited by dex

Needed a fun, popcorn book to read. I haven't decided yet wether to go back to Jack Kerley or start someone else. Zipping through this 2/3 in now. Daft action. Even dafter than The expendables. At one point ,To get over a moat they jump a lorry off the bank and then halfway across they fire cables from the front and back and the truck gets suspended in mid air. It's also like the Adam West batman series because they get into dilemmas and then they find something to get them out of it.

Edited by dex